Silly Season 2024

Sanchez is fast. 5 poles last year. If they clean up their act a bit they could be high up in the playoffs this year. Finished 6th last year.

Man I don’t know about this one. Penske was sucking hind tit to RFR last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that is a tough one, Front Row has been really getting more competitive and to switch like that had to be a big decision I would think. I think the new Dark Horse is going to even things up a bit for the Ford teams.

7 years now since Jimmie got his final win at Dover, and then had that huge crash at Pocono the following week. 2 things that no one batted an eye at then, myself included.

7 years now since Jimmie got his final win at Dover, and then had that huge crash at Pocono the following week. 2 things that no one batted an eye at then, myself included.
Jimmie Johnson raced for the best team and had the best crew in the Nascar Cup series for years. That crash at Pocono was a game changer. Not only has age and accidents taken their toll, he doesn't have that caliber of a support system under him anymore. The new car is the hardest to drive in decades and Johnson has little seat time and what he had he looked like a fish out of water. Jimmie has a whole lot of things working against him IMO. I'm a Jimmy Johnson fan jus sayin, but I don't think this is going to end well.

Jimmie Johnson raced for the best team and had the best crew in the Nascar Cup series for years. That crash at Pocono was a game changer. Not only has age and accidents taken their toll, he doesn't have that caliber of a support system under him anymore. The new car is the hardest to drive in decades and Johnson has little seat time and what he had he looked like a fish out of water. Jimmie has a whole lot of things working against him IMO. I'm a Jimmy Johnson fan jus sayin, but I don't think this is going to end well.
After watching his qualifying performance at Indy, I'm not going to question his ability to still stand on the pedal, but otherwise, I agree with your assessment 100%. Nobody here is probably a bigger fan than I am, but all this season is going to do is remind us why Jimmie retired in the first place. He was basically DONE five years ago. I think any top twenties will be a gift from above.

How i can tell you two are true fans of the sport. Most don’t remember that wreck, but the brake failure absolutely scared the hell out of him. His radio response showed it, that’s what took away his ability to push the limit

How i can tell you two are true fans of the sport. Most don’t remember that wreck, but the brake failure absolutely scared the hell out of him. His radio response showed it, that’s what took away his ability to push the limit

Yeah, he said something along the lines of I gotta change my underwear after that wreck, certainly was the the end of superman. I guess the wall at Pocono was his cryptonite!

If he was still scared from that Pocono wreck, he would have never climbed into an Indycar on an oval. I think he's still brave it's just that his skill sets and how they apply to the current car are not the same.

yeah, for those that forgot. JJ ate the wall at 200 per.

1705692050523.png

I can’t stop laughing at this dope snd his legions of fans on Reddit…the People’s Champ. A jobber then and unemployed now. Current update: SOL as 2024 approaches rapidly

I can’t stop laughing at this dope snd his legions of fans on Reddit…the People’s Champ. A jobber then and unemployed now. Current update: SOL as 2024 approaches rapidly

100% his fault. Penske and the Wood Brothers gave him ample warning that he was going to be looking for a new ride, but he held out hope that they would change their mind once they put Cindric in the #2. He didn't put in the leg work to find a new ride and build relationships with sponsors. The guy does nothing but bitch on social media. If he had even remotely tried, he could have probably landed a halfway decent Xfinity Series ride. Everything he did in 2021 made him radioactive to sponsors and dug him into a hole that I'm not sure he'll ever dig out of.

DiBenedetto pointed his way into the Playoffs so he's better than Harrison Burton. DiBenedetto being a moron doesn't take away from his actual level of talent. He just badly needs both an agent and PR person.

I mean its hard to compare when they have had total different career paths and number of starts per series but if we are just talking trucks I'll take Peter's

Screenshot_20240119_152731_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240119_152745_Chrome.jpg

I wasn’t comparing careers. I was comparing results at Rackley-WAR, which clearly shows Matty D as a decent driver.
So you want to compare a driver who was part time for a team that was new vs a driver that was full time so you can cherry pick stats?

100% his fault. Penske and the Wood Brothers gave him ample warning that he was going to be looking for a new ride, but he held out hope that they would change their mind once they put Cindric in the #2. He didn't put in the leg work to find a new ride and build relationships with sponsors. The guy does nothing but bitch on social media. If he had even remotely tried, he could have probably landed a halfway decent Xfinity Series ride. Everything he did in 2021 made him radioactive to sponsors and dug him into a hole that I'm not sure he'll ever dig out of.

DiBenedetto pointed his way into the Playoffs so he's better than Harrison Burton. DiBenedetto being a moron doesn't take away from his actual level of talent. He just badly needs both an agent and PR person.
He's proven more than once ol' Matt's winning personality overrules what talent he has. When they booted his ass out of a truck ride last year, that was the last straw.

So you want to compare a driver who was part time for a team that was new vs a driver that was full time so you can cherry pick stats?

lol. Peters made 10 starts in 2021 with pedestrian results, and wasn’t “new” to Trucks much (0 top 10s, AVG FIN 25.8) meanwhile in 2022 DiBennedetto had 1 win, 1 top 5, 7 top 10s, AVG FIN 16.2 and improved finishes in 2023. That’s not cherry picking data and stats.

I think Peters is an ok driver I just think people irrationally dislike Matty D.

I don’t think Matty D as much of a world beater myself other than a decent Nationwide / Truck driver but I think it’s a bit much how many young punks they have coming up thru the ranks. Maybe he should try ARCA full time.

lol. Peters made 10 starts in 2021 with pedestrian results, and wasn’t “new” to Trucks much (0 top 10s, AVG FIN 25.8) meanwhile in 2022 DiBennedetto had 1 win, 1 top 5, 7 top 10s, AVG FIN 16.2 and improved finishes in 2023. That’s not cherry picking data and stats.

I think Peters is an ok driver I just think people irrationally dislike Matty D.
Rackley War was new to trucks not Peters. So comparing the 2 is completely pointless. Matt D is a solid driver but he expects things instead of earns them.

Rackley War was new to trucks not Peters. So comparing the 2 is completely pointless. Matt D is a solid driver but he expects things instead of earns them.

Matty D has had a history of outperforming other drivers such as Harrison Burton. I think he’s earned a Truck or ARCA ride full time.

It’s weird how people don’t want drivers with character and then whine and complain when someone like Matty D does and they tell him to get out of the sport. I don’t think he’ll be back with the way people are ok with PC sponsors.

Back
Top Bottom