Silly Season 2024

Another good development prospect signed by Trackhouse; he’s shown a lot of speed in his early racing career across a variety of disciplines, especially in road racing.

Another good development prospect signed by Trackhouse; he’s shown a lot of speed in his early racing career across a variety of disciplines, especially in road racing.

I don't get what they're doing over there. Seems like throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks. In 2025 they have potentially 4 cup drivers. Now they have a developmental driver but no equipment to field them same with SVG? They just acting as an agent for these guys until they reach cup?

I don't get what they're doing over there. Seems like throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks. In 2025 they have potentially 4 cup drivers. Now they have a developmental driver but no equipment to field them same with SVG? They just acting as an agent for these guys until they reach cup?
I believe they are racers doing racing things. If you read the article Zilich is going to be racing multiple disciplines. Owner/racer Marks is a pretty dam good Trans Am driver. Racers doing racing things.

Taking the $$$ and running, like any viable business in 2024. Not very impressed with Hocevar & these new drivers.

Zilisch is four or five years away from Cup, it could be beneficial to get in on the ground floor with a kid and establish a relationship. It’s a two-year deal so if they like what they see they probably have some option year(s) they can pick up or have first rights at extending him beyond 2025.

Suarez will probably have to make some noise this year, but I also would not be surprised if they buy a third charter of their own whenever the next charter agreement is finalized and they have clarity regarding future payouts.

I know that the silly season typically includes the drivers, but I find it interesting that both Bell and Hamlin will have new race engineers. Could be interesting.

Why. just why...not even a top 30 finish last year.

Legacy was off for most of the season last year. Jones found some speed at the end of the year and they have the new affiliation with Toyota, so hopefully things look up.

There's also value in having the car owner out there offering real time feedback to the guys back at the shop. Johnson isn't what he was in his prime but he's still Jimmie Johnson. If something is off, he should be able to communicate to the team what needs to be fixed. EJ and JHN will also benefit from having Jimmie out there with them as a sounding board.

Legacy was off for most of the season last year. Jones found some speed at the end of the year and they have the new affiliation with Toyota, so hopefully things look up.

There's also value in having the car owner out there offering real time feedback to the guys back at the shop. Johnson isn't what he was in his prime but he's still Jimmie Johnson. If something is off, he should be able to communicate to the team what needs to be fixed. EJ and JHN will also benefit from having Jimmie out there with them as a sounding board.
I'm not sure how much JJ ever knew about the mechanics of the car, but I'm guessing with new car he's not the guy to tell you what needs to be fixed

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom