Silly Season 2024

Sure, but all of those companies sponsored other drivers and teams at one point or another in addition to the drivers with family ties to the sponsor. And keep in mind HendrickCars.com has been a sponsor of many non-Hendrick race teams. Also, they sell (ship) to customers all over the country, so your point about the markets really doesn't apply.

As far as a CEO wanting to sponsor something and getting their way, I think you're right about that. When Robert Niblock was CEO of Lowe's, they were spending $35 million a year to be on the 48 just so he could go to the track every weekend. Niblock goes away, Marvin Ellison comes in, and Lowe's is instantly gone from NASCAR.
$35 million??? That seems high. I though great sponsorship was 20 - 25 a year?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

$35 million??? That seems high. I though great sponsorship was 20 - 25 a year?

Yes $35 million, and yes that's high, but it's accurate. That was the price if you wanted to sponsor a 7-time champion for 38 races, and Lowe's was willing to pay it. And I wouldn't be surprised if Ally was paying close to that when they first came on (I'm assuming they pay a lesser rate for Bowman).

Sure, but all of those companies sponsored other drivers and teams at one point or another in addition to the drivers with family ties to the sponsor. And keep in mind HendrickCars.com has been a sponsor of many non-Hendrick race teams. Also, they sell (ship) to customers all over the country, so your point about the markets really doesn't apply.

As far as a CEO wanting to sponsor something and getting their way, I think you're right about that. When Robert Niblock was CEO of Lowe's, they were spending $35 million a year to be on the 48 just so he could go to the track every weekend. Niblock goes away, Marvin Ellison comes in, and Lowe's is instantly gone from NASCAR.
Unless they're shipping direct to consumer or a local dealership, I don't know that's really a thing for them in terms of engaging people outside the markets they actually have stuff. I mean, look, really, this is the basis of a good chunk of motorsports in general from the grassroots up. Hendrick has been around long enough that I was seeing his name appearing on the side of NHRA Pro Stock circa-mid 80s thanks to their new Roku Channel showing me old Diamond P stuff. I get it. But like, no way is he choosing to do that in lieu of a sponsor who would pay him substantial sums of money and do activation and all the other stuff you'd want from a sponsor.

Absolutely C-suite people have major influence over that stuff. Why do you think so many Fortune 500 companies have some sort of association with golf?

The thread has cause and I think we should subpoena the Felon's tax records at least going back to the year 2000.
Maybe Preacher could put his up for collateral to entice him to do so.

The thread has cause and I think we should subpoena the Felon's tax records at least going back to the year 2000.
Earlier than that. Remember he faked Leukemia. He was a felon in the 90’s

They all are wringers to me. There hasn't been one but SVG that has made a dent on the regulars in years. They jump into an Xfinity with a 4 speed stick and a solid rear end, good luck lol. The Cup car is a bit closer, but a tougher bunch are driving those.

This

Attachments

• GJHcIcwWEAA9sjD.jpg
    GJHcIcwWEAA9sjD.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 20
It does bring up the question of who drives Larson's car in the All Star race if he makes the fast 12 at Indy I believe.

It does bring up the question of who drives Larson's car in the All Star race if he makes the fast 12 at Indy I believe.

The Felon's Boys will be working this race while dressed as Nascar stewards or officials like they always do. It will not be a problem the Felon has it covered

The Felon could simply just kill the power grid in North Wilksboro to delay the start long enough for Larson to arrive or perhaps do something else more creative. It could also give Larson an out to skip his Nascar side hustle and run a preferred open wheel race in the local area on that Saturday night

The Felon's Boys will be working this race while dressed as Nascar stewards or officials like they always do. It will not be a problem the Felon has it covered

The Felon could simply just kill the power grid in North Wilksboro to delay the start long enough for Larson to arrive or perhaps do something else more creative. It could also give Larson an out to skip his Nascar side hustle and run a preferred open wheel race in the local area on that Saturday night
OR, Larson can give a big F.U. to the top 12 @ Indy and do the ASR and that would bring the R-F Larson haters out of the woodwork.

I'm sure I will get a lot of flak, but if this is supposed to be funny, you really need to go to comedy school. The same old jokes are so old and so stale and add ZERO to the board.

OR, Larson can give a big F.U. to the top 12 @ Indy and do the ASR and that would bring the R-F Larson haters out of the woodwork.
we have a new one I think residing in the Bristol race thread.

Back
Top Bottom