Silly Season 2024

Has it occurred to anyone that with the loss of Gragson and Jones that Chevy might want to try just a little bit harder to keep Berry in the fold? Not sure where they would put him, but it seems that Chevy/HMS/JRM didn't go out on a limb for him just to see him leave, ESPECIALLY to the rival SHR. I've heard that this long after the HMS/SHR "divorce" the air is still a bit chilly over on Papa Joe Hendrick Blvd..

Has it occurred to anyone that with the loss of Gragson and Jones that Chevy might want to try just a little bit harder to keep Berry in the fold? Not sure where they would put him, but it seems that Chevy/HMS/JRM didn't go out on a limb for him just to see him leave, ESPECIALLY to the rival SHR. I've heard that this long after the HMS/SHR "divorce" the air is still a bit chilly over on Papa Joe Hendrick Blvd..
I don’t know what Chevy could offer Berry to get him to stay. If NASCAR didn’t limit teams to four charters, Hendrick could probably restart the #25 team for him.

RCR is showing speed this year so they might be an option, they’re probably at SHR’s level.

What could Chevy possibly do? You have 3 competitive Chevy teams in cup that field 8 cars. 7 of those cars are competitive every week and not going anywhere. The other has a silver spoon. Realistically there is no chevy to put berry in no matter how much theyay like to. The only one that went out on a limb for him was jr, and he did it because they were buddies and wanted him to succeed which only happens if he gets into a competitive car. How did Chevy or HMS go out on a limb for him?

I don’t know what Chevy could offer Berry to get him to stay. If NASCAR didn’t limit teams to four charters, Hendrick could probably restart the #25 team for him.

RCR is showing speed this year so they might be an option, they’re probably at SHR’s level.
That and drivers not under contract are free to go race for any team out there. In Berry's case, KHI that Berry signed up for recently will do the negotiating of the contract wherever he goes and all signs are pointing that it is already a done deal for SHR.

What could Chevy possibly do? You have 3 competitive Chevy teams in cup that field 8 cars. 7 of those cars are competitive every week and not going anywhere. The other has a silver spoon. Realistically there is no chevy to put berry in no matter how much theyay like to. The only one that went out on a limb for him was jr, and he did it because they were buddies and wanted him to succeed which only happens if he gets into a competitive car. How did Chevy or HMS go out on a limb for him?

Well, Rick's a part owner of JRM, I'm pretty sure he has a vested interest in Berry, and Josh is now getting his Cup experience courtesy of HMS. It would have been just as easy and understandable to put Allgier in the 9 and 48 instead of giving a guy a free audition so he can go race for the enemy.

Well, Rick's a part owner of JRM, I'm pretty sure he has a vested interest in Berry, and Josh is now getting his Cup experience courtesy of HMS. It would have been just as easy and understandable to put Allgier in the 9 and 48 instead of giving a guy a free audition so he can go race for the enemy.
That's nonsense. Hendrick Cup is full up with everybody in multiple year contracts. I'm sure some of Jr's drivers want to go to cup in the future. Berry got his tryout shot, Hendrick gave him the opportunity and Berry took it and did something with it. Allgaier didn't in his 81 Cup starts.

That might be too deep. I think it's as simple as HMS gave the guy an opportunity to showcase his talents and its opened up allegedly, a huge opportunity in the 4. Jr himself on the Pod said he always wants his employees to advance and that while he would hate losing someone, he would never step in the way of opportunity. This is applicable in Josh's case.

That's nonsense. Hendrick Cup is full up with everybody in multiple year contracts. I'm sure some of Jr's drivers want to go to cup in the future. Berry got his tryout shot, Hendrick gave him the opportunity and Berry took it and did something with it. Allgaier didn't in his 81 Cup starts.
Not sure you can even compare those 2 the level of equipment justin was in compared to an HMS ride was like bringing a go-cart to a cup race

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

all i see is jr better get off his ass and start his cup team. with berry and truex.

all i see is jr better get off his ass and start his cup team. with berry and truex.
That's what everybody wants but it ain't happening. NASCAR isn't even guaranteeing to the teams that the charters are permanent yet. If Junior and Kelly haven't already bought them then they aren't going to this year either because negotiations between NASCAR and the teams are still on-going.

Chevy doesn't give a rat's ass about anybody other than The Chain Gang.

Rodney and any semi-competent driver has the potential to be lethal
Yeah, but does this become a Zippy and Joey type of thing? Is Rodney....Harvick-centric?

So … Hailie Deegan to the 4.

Is that what you’re saying?
Sad thing when she first signed with Ford I'm pretty sure I said I could see here in the #4 when Kevin retires. Now Kevin is coming out earlier than I anticipated and her development has been flat

Is Rodney for sure sticking around? I heard him on a podcast once upon a time say that he would likely be done whenever Kevin was done.

Didn't he also have wins with Mark Martin and Vickers?

He was establishing himself then. Does he have the patience to work with someone else? That relationship he has with Harv is a once in a career thing IMO.

Some Bawb updates from this morning:

- MTJ will make a decision on coming back by the end of June. JGR wants him back and Martin said so far this season he’s having fun.

- Denny wants to continue running for JGR while co-owning 23XI. Denny said 23XI is negotiating an extension with Toyota and his driver contract depends on getting the 23XI extension done first, so it’ll take time.

- JHN will probably be first in line for Toyota should anything happen with Truex or Hamlin.

- Berry and SHR are not much of a secret but SHR are still waiting on a decision from Almirola. If he decides not to come back they could land Zane Smith as well. Still sounds like they’re losing Anheuser-Busch to Trackhouse.

- Justin Haley is a free agent at Kaulig, which could be a landing spot for Austin Hill if Haley isn’t retained.

- Harry Burton needs to start performing

- Corey LaJoie and Todd Gilliland have both helped their stock this season and could get looks from other teams.

Some Bawb updates from this morning:

- MTJ will make a decision on coming back by the end of June. JGR wants him back and Martin said so far this season he’s having fun.

- Denny wants to continue running for JGR while co-owning 23XI. Denny said 23XI is negotiating an extension with Toyota and his driver contract depends on getting the 23XI extension done first, so it’ll take time.

- JHN will probably be first in line for Toyota should anything happen with Truex or Hamlin.

- Berry and SHR are not much of a secret but SHR are still waiting on a decision from Almirola. If he decides not to come back they could land Zane Smith as well. Still sounds like they’re losing Anheuser-Busch to Trackhouse.

- Justin Haley is a free agent at Kaulig, which could be a landing spot for Austin Hill if Haley isn’t retained.

- Harry Burton needs to start performing

- Corey LaJoie and Todd Gilliland have both helped their stock this season and could get looks from other teams.

Lines up pretty well with my thoughts as I've always thought Zane Smith was replacing Harvick until the Berry news started.

If Zane Smith is going anywhere besides Front Row motorsports, this has to disappear somehow.

As Smith prepares for his second season with Front Row Motorsports and his fourth in the Truck Series, his schedule will be much busier. He is mentally and physically preparing to compete in both divisions next year, as he will run at least a handful of races in a third Cup car for FRM.

“I’m pretty stoked for that,” Smith said. “It’s going to be a lot of fun, especially because I’m doing it with my truck team: my crew chief, my engineer, my car chief, everybody who’s on my truck will be on my Cup car as well. We’re going to be learning together.”

Smith, of course, is looking forward to his future in Nascar. He believes he’s found a home at Front Row Motorsports, and would ideally like his next contract to be one that puts him in the sport’s premier division full time. He’s signed with the team until 2026.

Back
Top Bottom