Silly Season 2024

Agreed. If indeed FedEx reups I’m sure he’ll be the one driving their car. Who knows maybe he can coerce FedEx to join 23XI once he retires.

I don’t particularly like Denny but he doesn’t deserve the hate he gets. You’d think he personally attacked some posters on here based on their posts. If he wasn't in a Toyota he wouldn’t get half the hate he gets.

I don’t like Denny and still think he’s an arrogant prick but I do enjoy his podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the rumors of Berry and Zane Smith heading to SHR (to drive the 4 and 10 respectively) are true then I really worry about them next year. Two rookies, Ryan Preece, and Chase Briscoe is not a top team.
Sure won't take much to match or better Almirola's record, so half of it is a done deal. It's really hard to be negative about either driver both of them are solid.

Sure won't take much to match or better Almirola's record, so half of it is a done deal. It's really hard to be negative about either driver both of them are solid.

I think Harvick will be missed as an anchor for the team.

This is definitely an “invest in the future” type of deal. Next year will be a wash but I think Berry and Smith will grow into their own.

I'm really excited about the potential of SHR with Zane & Berry onboard, next year will be about growing pains. Even Hendrick had to go through it & look at them now. SHR will recover, mark my words. SHR's roster next year has the potential to be as good as any team not named Hendrick moving forward.

I think Harvick will be missed as an anchor for the team.

This is definitely an “invest in the future” type of deal. Next year will be a wash but I think Berry and Smith will grow into their own.
He'll definitely be missed. But I gotta imagine hes still around in a mentor/leadership role for any of the young drivers.

I'm really excited about the potential of SHR with Zane & Berry onboard, next year will be about growing pains. Even Hendrick had to go through it & look at them now. SHR will recover, mark my words. SHR's roster next year has the potential to be as good as any team not named Hendrick moving forward.
I'm not thinking its that high a hill to climb. So far in three seasons, Harvick has won two races, Briscoe and Almirola one race, Preece can't even find the track.

I think Zane is going to do great things with SHR, someone up above said that next might be like when Hendrick rebuilt in 18 and couldnt agree more. I think Berry, Smith and even Briscoe ( I still believe in him) is a good place to start.

Hope you like bowties then...

I think Zane is going to do great things with SHR, someone up above said that next might be like when Hendrick rebuilt in 18 and couldnt agree more. I think Berry, Smith and even Briscoe ( I still believe in him) is a good place to start.
Doesn't look like Ford wants JRM I mean him at sHR after all

I hate to say this because I consider myself a KH fan but I think him leaving SHR might help out the other teams. He has consistently run better than the other 3 cars and apparently his setups don't work for the other drivers, so yeah they work for 1 teams but it seems to be at the expense of the other 3 at times. If they get someone else in the #4 that has a similar driving style to the the other 3 it might help the company as a whole.

I hate to say this because I consider myself a KH fan but I think him leaving SHR might help out the other teams. He has consistently run better than the other 3 cars and apparently his setups don't work for the other drivers, so yeah they work for 1 teams but it seems to be at the expense of the other 3 at times. If they get someone else in the #4 that has a similar driving style to the the other 3 it might help the company as a whole.
I wonder if it's going to be this or if Rodney's setups are just not going to work for Berry.

this always make me laugh.when drivers say that setup that is winning races doesnt fit my driving style. , news flash buddy!!!!! change your driving style!!!!!!:owquitit::dunce:

this always make me laugh.when drivers say that setup that is winning races doesnt fit my driving style. , news flash buddy!!!!! change your driving style!!!!!!:owquitit::dunce:
I'm certainly no expert on the driving side of the sport, but for years I have heard first ballot Hall of Famers claim they couldn't drive somebody else's setup. Jeff Gordon referring to Jimmie Johnson for one. Johnson never adapting his style to Busch/Xfinity cars is another. Chris Amon was considered a brilliant F1 driver, (In an era where many F1 tracks were little more than county roads with ZERO safety barriers) but could not make himself drive close enough to the wall to qualify at Indianapolis. If THEY claim they can't do it, are we to believe that it's not THAT big of a deal?

i think if i was on a 4 car team and was the slowest, because of my driving style didnt work with the other guys setup. i would change my driving style.i spent a alot of time learning to left foot brake with a 4 speed.i didnt like it ,but it made me go faster.plus i think it would help the team if all the setups where close.

Every driver's styles are different you all should know that. Has little to do with their overall talent just depends on how they like their cars to handle in traffic and clean air and it changes depending on the track.

Harvick's setup isn't currently winning enough races for the other drivers to stick with.

I'm not thinking its that high a hill to climb. So far in three seasons, Harvick has won two races, Briscoe and Almirola one race, Preece can't even find the track.
I hope Berry works out better than the last great white short track hope in Preece. Still, I don't blame Preece because frankly SHR has been a dumpster fire.

I think it's more the car. He performed better at Daugherty's team

It's been absolutely painful to watch SHR this season. I think they're dumping everything good they have into Harvick. I'm Almirola's worst critic but ffs, a 15 year veteran should at least be able to muster up a few top 10s unless something is truly awful with the car. Preece has quietly been working his way up to 2nd fiddle there the past few weeks. Sonoma was his 4th straight top 20. He's passed Almirola and obviously Briscoe in the points.

To exemplify how awful SHR is... that one dominating stage Preece had before the pit stop f up at Martinsville he led 144 laps. He's led the most laps out of any driver at SHR this year just from that one good stretch. The team is shockingly bad.

It's been absolutely painful to watch SHR this season. I think they're dumping everything good they have into Harvick. I'm Almirola's worst critic but ffs, a 15 year veteran should at least be able to muster up a few top 10s unless something is truly awful with the car. Preece has quietly been working his way up to 2nd fiddle there the past few weeks. Sonoma was his 4th straight top 20. He's passed Almirola and obviously Briscoe in the points.

To exemplify how awful SHR is... that one dominating stage Preece had before the pit stop f up at Martinsville he led 144 laps. He's led the most laps out of any driver at SHR this year just from that one good stretch. The team is shockingly bad.
Preece is so close to being a winning driver it hurts. Almirola is the weak link right now.

He’s got 9?
Tbh even with his experience at a smaller team it’s way too soon to tell. A few years ago the same was said about Byron and a lot of you guys were even calling him a bust etc. Look at him now this season.

Tbh even with his experience at a smaller team it’s way too soon to tell. A few years ago the same was said about Byron and a lot of you guys were even calling him a bust etc. Look at him now this season.
I’ve said it before, but yeah lot of fans write folks off so quickly. I understand some of the younger folks, who grew up during the late 90s and early 2000s(even tho that includes me lol) when rookies were coming in and winning right away, and lighting the world on fire. So they are use to seeing people get it right away and now when folks don’t they see them as a bust.

Back
Top Bottom