Silly Season 2024

When will Legacy name JHN to the 42 now that Hocevar is going to Spire next year?

Riley was really impressive at Talladega. That performance might've been enough to get him another year in top Xfinity equipment. He has to make the playoffs next year though.

Riley was really impressive at Talladega. That performance might've been enough to get him another year in top Xfinity equipment. He has to make the playoffs next year though.
It's possible he gets the boot, but he is pretty heavily sponsored. His family owns a bunch of stores.

I am surprised if Childress dumped Creed. He improved a lot over last year. I know money talks as Brandon Jones and Riley Herbst still have their elite rides despite not making the playoffs.

I am surprised if Childress dumped Creed. He improved a lot over last year. I know money talks as Brandon Jones and Riley Herbst still have their elite rides despite not making the playoffs.
Sammy Smith left Gibbs to go race for JRM and Nemo is going to cup. So there might be room for Creed at Gibbs. Creed hasn't won an Xfinity race ever in 66 tries and his stats are flat from last year to this year. Maybe he will go to Gibbs.

Me neither, but Tricon or whatever it is called is a TRD factory team and they apparently don't have any room to move up. That isn't any surprise, it's what is best for the yotas and Heim is going for it. Maybe they have some fill in Xfinity rides available next year to keep Heim interested.

I guess it's kind of silly season and I haven't been able to listen to DBC much lately but is TJ going to SHR with Josh?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I guess it's kind of silly season and I haven't been able to listen to DBC much lately but is TJ going to SHR with Josh?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
He hasn't said that. They said a lot of spotters are moving though because Spire offered so much more money to guys to spot it set off an avalanche of moves.

Yeah, the rumblings in Miami were that Chandler & Creed will end up at JGR. Another wild one was that RCR was signing Jesse Love for Xfinity. That would both surprise me in that it's a big jump & leap of faith, but not surprise me because it's a great deal for Jesse, and why not take a chance on him if you're RCR. Who else has the potential long term upside?

Jesse Love should do very well at RCR, He already has a ton of stock car experience having won lower level series. Doubt he'll be overaggressive, unlike Creed in his first season at RCR. If he races smart, listens to and is a team player with Austin Hill, he should make the playoffs.

Jessie Love won 10 races out of 20 this year in Menards with 7 poles. 4 years he was in that ARCA series. He ran 2 truck races for the Yotas and RCR snatches another one. I think they got a good one. Hill and Love should make a good team.

Tbh, he might be good, but at the same time he had some of the best equipment in the series. So it’s hard to really tell how well he could or couldn’t do. I’m excited to see him with actual real competition.

Jessie Love won 10 races out of 20 this year in Menards with 7 poles. 4 years he was in that ARCA series. He ran 2 truck races for the Yotas and RCR snatches another one. I think they got a good one. Hill and Love should make a good team.

Lol of course they won’t. Just wasting a charter.
I just wonder if they ever actually do, is there some kind of reimbursement etc since charters are so valuable now?
If not I would think that’s something the teams would want in the next agreement. Maybe at least something of value like having them sell it and keep some money vs just taking it and they lose everything or something.

It’s Haley szn

IMG_1799.gif

It's a BIG can of worms should they ever take away a charter. And yes, there'd have to be some kind of monetary compensation and likely legal mitigation given it's a multi-million dollar asset.

I don't know a ton about stick/ball sports, but I'm sure the NFL, NBA, MLB, ect, COULD force a sale of a team and it's buried somewhere in a multi-thousand page contract, but reality is that would *almost* never happen under any circumstance.

It's a BIG can of worms should they ever take away a charter. And yes, there'd have to be some kind of monetary compensation and likely legal mitigation given it's a multi-million dollar asset.

I don't know a ton about stick/ball sports, but I'm sure the NFL, NBA, MLB, ect, COULD force a sale of a team and it's buried somewhere in a multi-thousand page contract, but reality is that would *almost* never happen under any circumstance.

It has happened before. The NBA made Donald Sterling sell the Clippers and the NFL was going to make Dan Snyder sell the Commanders. The leagues never make someone sell for performance though, it’s usually because of behavior that reflects poorly on the league.

Back
Top Bottom