SiriusXM's NASCAR Radio - Today's, not so hidden, agenda.....

Bagley and Pistone interviewing retired football player Joey Galloway. He loves the sport. Didn't mention lug nuts, shortened races, segments, playoffs, or points. Bagley and Pistone decided to talk football with him instead of exploring why this typical fan isn't bitching. Instead, Bagley decides to read a list of Galloway's accomplishments handed to him by his producer. Love it when those guys explore the depth of their talent in a free flow context. SMDH. The freakin' show is delivered and produced by guys with less talent than a Fifth Grader.

No worries @Revman, Hoda will make it all better. :D

Fingernails meet chalkboard.

....and now we get to hear Bagman play with Siri. They do this because they don't understand the sport and need to fill time.....and this from the self-described NASCAR conduit. I think we have a problem here.

Last edited by a moderator:
....and now we get to hear Bagman play with Siri. They do this because they don't understand the sport and need to fill time.....and this from the self-described NASCAR conduit. I think we have a problem here.
Ah, the overplayed Siri "Bagman...Bagman, Bagman" bit.

(but I really really miss Mr. Barney Hall) greatest of all time auto race announcer, may god rest his soul.

How these idiots who profess to love and admire Barney Hall cannot understand that their screaming into a microphone over a battle for 38th is the very antithesis of this man I will never know. Maybe it's just IQ points. Dave Moody---Would Barney treat the fans as you do? No. Mike Bagley--Would Barney talk **** because he didn't know what to say? No. Pete Pistone-- Would Barney talk about other sports do do a lack of knowledge depth? Never. It really, really, really pisses me off when these clowns talk up Barney, and never follow his example. Barney Hall was the best that will ever be. He was far better than even Ken Squier IMO. Squier wanted to be a wordsmith. He tried to make things sound better than he needed to--like Bagley. Barney just called the damn race, respected his listeners, and loved the sport. Epic.

Last edited:
Ah, the overplayed Siri "Bagman...Bagman, Bagman" bit.

I mean it's fun when you've had a couple of beers, and you are hanging with friends, but Bagley thinks this is the first time anybody has thought of this. It's really pathetic. If he had a producer who wasn't kissing his ass all of the time, it would be brought to his attention....but he probably wouldn't care.

How these idiots who profess to love and admire Barney Hall cannot understand that their screaming into a microphone over a battle for 38th is the very antithesis of this man I will never know. Maybe it's just IQ points. Dave Moody---Would Barney treat the fans as you do? No. Mike Bagley--Would Barney talk sh!t because he didn't know what to say? No. Pete Pistone-- Would Barney talk about other sports do do a lack of knowledge depth? Never. It really, really, really pisses me off when these clowns talk up Barney, and never follow his example. Barney Hall was the best that will ever be. He was far better than even Ken Squier IMO. Squier wanted to be a wordsmith. He tried to make things sound better than he needed to--like Bagley. Barney just called the damn race, respected his listeners, and loved the sport. Epic.
Wish I could like this twice. Barney Hall could paint a great mental picture and bring the excitement of a race to life without sounding like a raving lunatic (see Moody) or a sophomoric goofball (see Bagley). And I also echo your sentiments on Ken Squier, I never cared for the guy as an announcer. Between his massive man crush for Dale Earnhardt and his commentary on disabled cars going to the "gararge", I just never thought he was that good.

Hello everyone I am new to posting on this forum, but I am a long time race fan.

I could not agree more with most of the thoughts posted so far about SiriusXM Nascar radio. It is the propaganda arm of Nascar because it is MRN radio that makes the content for the channel. And MRN is owned by the France family which we all know owns Nascar and ISC.

The annoucers are definitely told what to say and have to spew the company line. Mike Bagley ask much as admitted this fact on air but it was only one time I heard him do it and I believe he slipped up in doing it. He had just come back on air after the David Poole death and Mike was talking how he found out about David. Bagley said quote " I saw on my caller ID that it was Daytona Beach Nascar headquarters and I wondered what did I say wrong now". Bagley then said Nascar listens to the shows.

As far as Dave Moody I believe he should resign his position. The reason I say this is; and we all heard him do this, is how he belittles callers with ideas. Case in point people called his show in 2012 or 13 and suggested eliminations for chase rounds and of course Moody was a smart as to them. He would them make smart comments that we should put jumps on the backstretch and snipers on the roof the shoot out the tires of the last place cars. Yet we all know that Nascar put into place eliminations in the chase and our hero Moody said what a wonderful great idea. He has a spine made of jelly. I guess we know what he will do for a paycheck.
Now on to the biggest brownnosers on the channel. Mr. Chocolate Myers and Mr. Kenny Wallace. I like Chocolate but he likes everything and every Monday the previous race weekend was the greatest he has seen. And when Kenny says " I am not kissing Nascar butt and telling it straight" get ready because he is going to lay it on thick.
There is so much more to say but you all get my point. I don't listen to the channel much any more. Wouldn't it be great if we had an independent sports channel that cared enough to talk Nascar and be unbiased.

Hello everyone I am new to posting on this forum, but I am a long time race fan.

I could not agree more with most of the thoughts posted so far about SiriusXM Nascar radio. It is the propaganda arm of Nascar because it is MRN radio that makes the content for the channel. And MRN is owned by the France family which we all know owns Nascar and ISC.

The annoucers are definitely told what to say and have to spew the company line. Mike Bagley ask much as admitted this fact on air but it was only one time I heard him do it and I believe he slipped up in doing it. He had just come back on air after the David Poole death and Mike was talking how he found out about David. Bagley said quote " I saw on my caller ID that it was Daytona Beach Nascar headquarters and I wondered what did I say wrong now". Bagley then said Nascar listens to the shows.

As far as Dave Moody I believe he should resign his position. The reason I say this is; and we all heard him do this, is how he belittles callers with ideas. Case in point people called his show in 2012 or 13 and suggested eliminations for chase rounds and of course Moody was a smart as to them. He would them make smart comments that we should put jumps on the backstretch and snipers on the roof the shoot out the tires of the last place cars. Yet we all know that Nascar put into place eliminations in the chase and our hero Moody said what a wonderful great idea. He has a spine made of jelly. I guess we know what he will do for a paycheck.
Now on to the biggest brownnosers on the channel. Mr. Chocolate Myers and Mr. Kenny Wallace. I like Chocolate but he likes everything and every Monday the previous race weekend was the greatest he has seen. And when Kenny says " I am not kissing Nascar butt and telling it straight" get ready because he is going to lay it on thick.
There is so much more to say but you all get my point. I don't listen to the channel much any more. Wouldn't it be great if we had an independent sports channel that cared enough to talk Nascar and be unbiased.

hqdefault.jpg

Welcome to the forums nitetrain.

This is one of the biggest problems with this channel. They seem to let everyone who calls on the air and the same people call every day.

In general, this channel needs to get smarter and lose the constant 'back in the day' discussion. Set the bar higher on the discussions. See if they could entice a guy like Nate Ryan in to doing a regular show and others like him with specific knowledge of other areas of the sport. Have folks who have real knowledge of competition, tech, pit road, business of the sport, media, etc.. Right now you've got a pretty non-diverse group of hosts talking about the same things all day long.

Bingo.

Why they don't screen the morons out is beyond me.

Bingo.

Why they don't screen the morons out is beyond me.

I think I can seriously answer that. Moody and Bagley love to embarrass them on national radio. I believe that the producers see this as part of the show. They toy with them, drill them, and then talk about them later in the show. I cannot think of anything more reminiscent of the dude living in his Mom's basement chomping on a Happy Meal while playing with the Hotwheel than digging a caller who has become defenseless because he/she hung up.

I agree with this with some minor tweaks......Chocolate doesn't like everything. He hates Kyle Busch and Toyota, but won't say it. That bugs me. Kenny is Kenny. He may be a homer, but he is kind to the callers. I can live with him.

Wish I could like this twice. Barney Hall could paint a great mental picture and bring the excitement of a race to life without sounding like a raving lunatic (see Moody) or a sophomoric goofball (see Bagley). And I also echo your sentiments on Ken Squier, I never cared for the guy as an announcer. Between his massive man crush for Dale Earnhardt and his commentary on disabled cars going to the "gararge", I just never thought he was that good.

I know this will sound stupid, but that has never stopped me before.....I used to skip the TV pre-race stuff for radio. When Barney would take the air, it was like he would say, "Good morning, are you all ready for another great day of NASCAR? I am." Then, the rest of the broadcast was just Barney giving me the race, and letting me decide if it was time to scream and shout. The NMPA Broadcaster of the Year knows better than me. He will scream and shout over 20th, and if I don't get the big deal, that's because I am not the NMPA Broadcaster of the Year, and I don't understand broadcasting theory. I would love to see the NASCAR Channel clean house. I love my NASCAR on the radio, but they are making it very hard to like.

I would love to see the NASCAR Channel clean house. I love my NASCAR on the radio, but they are making it very hard to like.
Not agreeing with the hosts on everything is what makes me listen. The is nobody that they can put on those shows that everyone will be happy with.

Not agreeing with the hosts on everything is what makes me listen. The is nobody that they can put on those shows that everyone will be happy with.

Honestly, I have no problem with their positions on NASCAR related topics--whether I agree or not. It's the stupidity, and the treatment of people. They think far to highly of themselves as radio personalities, and frankly, I turn it off because I am embarrassed for them. Sad Happy Meal stuff.

.......the dude living in his Mom's basement chomping on a Happy Meal while playing with the Hotwheel than digging a caller who has become defenseless because he/she hung up.

That's why one never calls a talk show. The host has the phone last.

That's why the hosts don't engage in debate on neutral ground away from the studio.

That's why the hosts don't engage in debate on neutral ground away from the studio.
Why would they engage anyone away from their job in a NASCAR debate? Especially a stranger. Their job is done when they leave the air. You guys don't like it, don't listen. If there are enough of you, they'll lose their job. In the meantime I'll be listening.

You guys don't like it, don't listen. If there are enough of you, they'll lose their job. In the meantime I'll be listening.

I listen because I want the latest NASCAR breaking information. Going through stick and ball channels, I'd get it next year. I want to hear the industry insiders (not really drivers honestly) talk about the sport. Love the David Wilson spots on winning weeks. Gives me insight into the people that make this sport. Love that stuff. I like guys like Gille and Patterson. They have conviction, but they don't need to be assholes to get that across. I truly believe that guys like Bagley and Moody know they are holding the passionate fan hostage to their bull**** because we love the sport that much. They should respect that, but they don't. That is why I listen, and I will continue to listen until the next time Hoda is on. :D

I, for one, don't.

If a host is sure of his/her ground, why not put a errant fan in his/her place in public? Wouldn't anyone?

Don't know that I agree completely. If a fan is an a**hole, then yeah, Moody unleash your bull****, but when a fan is naive; redirect, educate, discuss.

Brad Gille, Pat Patterson, Clair B. Lang, Jim Noble.....Those are my standards. I even like Garrow. Larry Mac is great on the radio. Nate Ryan. There are plenty in this business who could do the job. I promise you this--If they axed the nut jobs, there ratings would be fine. It can be done. We don't need Moody talking about his producer eating M&M's to the point of puking. That is just ****** stupid. Even when I was in eighth grade (which was a long time ago), that was stupid. Reign the jacknut in, and if he doesn't have anything to say, find someone who does. It's spring, so he will be talking about his wife gardening in a bikini. Mark my words. He does it every year. Pathetic.

Don't know that I agree completely. If a fan is an *******, then yeah, Moody unleash your bull****, but when a fan is naive; redirect, educate, discuss.

Control of the situation doesn’t make the host right. If one can’t defend a position on neutral ground they aren’t worth listening to.

If the callers are fools, don’t put ‘em on. Unfortunately, that idea is like one of today’s motorsports entertainment events without a phantom caution.

From a listener’s point of view, if the current stuff is what you enjoy, admit you just want to be entertained. Then the host is "doing his job."

Some of this Nascar radio crap sounds so bad that it may be good in an unintended way. One of the things I like about the internet is that I can quickly access the information I need and then move on to something else so I rarely ever have the radio on for anything. Listening to inane callers interacting with egotistical hosts does not sound like something I would be remotely interested in and paying a monthly subscription for privilege is daft, IMO.

Some of this Nascar radio crap sounds so bad that it may be good in an unintended way. One of the things I like about the internet is that I can quickly access the information I need and then move on to something else so I rarely ever have the radio on for anything. Listening to inane callers interacting with egotistical hosts does not sound like something I would be remotely interested in and paying a monthly subscription for privilege is daft, IMO.
Yeah, it's certainly not for everyone. I've been there since its inception and have been informed and entertained throughout. I don't mind the hosts. Some I agree with, some I don't Some of the callers are very informative and some are way out there. I could say most of those same things about this forum.

Yeah, it's certainly not for everyone. I've been there since its inception and have been informed and entertained throughout. I don't mind the hosts. Some I agree with, some I don't Some of the callers are very informative and some are way out there. I could say most of those same things about this forum.

I respect this. Very well said. I'd like to see a shake up from the producers to the guys sweeping the floor.

A little advice for those of you that subscribe to or are maybe thinking about getting SIRIUSXM.

My service includes one vehicle and internet access. Each year my service is set to automatically renew. I always set a reminder on my phone's calendar just before the renewal period. On that day, which is today, I call to cancel my service. Miraculously, they come up with all of these special offers. Cheap enough that I always choose to renew my subscription. It normally takes about five minutes of time on the phone to negotiate the new price. Today, I told them that I wanted to cancel my service. As expected they offered me the service at a 50% reduction. I again told them that I wanted to cancel. They offered me an additional 25% off. I then told them that it was still to high. They then offered me the service for $30/6 months. $5/month for 6 months. I took that deal. Once again, I put in a reminder for 6 months. The process will repeat itself.

All I'm saying is, you may be able to save yourself some money if you take the five minutes. It's worth the time.

A little advice for those of you that subscribe to or are maybe thinking about getting SIRIUSXM.

My service includes one vehicle and internet access. Each year my service is set to automatically renew. I always set a reminder on my phone's calendar just before the renewal period. On that day, which is today, I call to cancel my service. Miraculously, they come up with all of these special offers. Cheap enough that I always choose to renew my subscription. It normally takes about five minutes of time on the phone to negotiate the new price. Today, I told them that I wanted to cancel my service. As expected they offered me the service at a 50% reduction. I again told them that I wanted to cancel. They offered me an additional 25% off. I then told them that it was still to high. They then offered me the service for $30/6 months. $5/month for 6 months. I took that deal. Once again, I put in a reminder for 6 months. The process will repeat itself.

All I'm saying is, you may be able to save yourself some money if you take the five minutes. It's worth the time.

This is what I do. Usually I will get the 6 months for $30, or 5 months for $25.

Did this price include the Nascar premium channel?

My free year will be up soon (bought a car last year), how would you go about negotiating that? I def want to keep it.

My free year will be up soon (bought a car last year), how would you go about negotiating that? I def want to keep it.

When my free trial was up I was getting letters from them in the mail offering the discounted 6 months offer. If you haven't, just do what my friend did. Call them up and bring up that "a friend got the service for 6 months for $30 and you are interested in that pricing". Keep calling until you find someone to give it to you.

Caller Allen was an idiot this morning.

Nothing that didn't match the IQ of the hosts. Love the, "...when you get your own show," crap from Pete. Off button worked this morning. Not going to let those guys ruin the first day of a hot track. Nothing reeks more of a teased fat kid living in his Mom's basement chomping on a Happy Meal more that Pete's line. Those guys talk about nothing for 4 hours. I lasted 5 minutes of the what you eat at the track bit yesterday. Seriously? Cars on track today, and nothing else to talk about? Other shows figure it out--except Moody's--see Happy Meal.

Here's a topic for NASCAR Radio discussion that has not been addressed at all.....How draggy will the new Camry be? Everybody recognizes that the front end has lots of contours, etc. Maybe we could get an engineer. Maybe we could talk to Toyota. Then, maybe we could explore a little more why the freakin' hosts say it no big deal to change manufacturers while Rodney Freakin' Childers himself has been saying that it is a nightmare. Seriously. These guys are making **** up in favor of talking about their wives gardening in bikinis, track food, and top ten lists of favorite Christmas pies. ...and Pistone calls his show "the conduit to NASCAR." Unfortunately, it probably is.

Nothing that didn't match the IQ of the hosts. Love the, "...when you get your own show," crap from Pete. Off button worked this morning. Not going to let those guys ruin the first day of a hot track. Nothing reeks more of a teased fat kid living in his Mom's basement chomping on a Happy Meal more that Pete's line. Those guys talk about nothing for 4 hours. I lasted 5 minutes of the what you eat at the track bit yesterday. Seriously? Cars on track today, and nothing else to talk about? Other shows figure it out--except Moody's--see Happy Meal.

I didn't mind Pete's comment because Allen was being obnoxious like he knew better. Especially when he kept bringing up Chocolate like his opinion mattered above all.

Here's a topic for NASCAR Radio discussion that has not been addressed at all.....How draggy will the new Camry be? Everybody recognizes that the front end has lots of contours, etc. Maybe we could get an engineer. Maybe we could talk to Toyota. Then, maybe we could explore a little more why the freakin' hosts say it no big deal to change manufacturers while Rodney Freakin' Childers himself has been saying that it is a nightmare. Seriously. These guys are making sh!t up in favor of talking about their wives gardening in bikinis, track food, and top ten lists of favorite Christmas pies. ...and Pistone calls his show "the conduit to NASCAR." Unfortunately, it probably is.

The Toyota was brought up on Moody's show last week I believe. He shot it down pretty quickly. Caller was trying to say that it was going to have an unfair advantage down force wise and Moody wasn't having it. He went on about how it was tested in the wind tunnel and that NASCAR and all the other manufacturers signed off on it. That all the information was shown to Ford and Chevy.

The Toyota was brought up on Moody's show last week I believe. He shot it down pretty quickly. Caller was trying to say that it was going to have an unfair advantage down force wise and Moody wasn't having it. He went on about how it was tested in the wind tunnel and that NASCAR and all the other manufacturers signed off on it. That all the information was shown to Ford and Chevy.
Caller has CFD running in his head or he's an idiot.

I pick idiot.

Here's a topic for NASCAR Radio discussion that has not been addressed at all.....How draggy will the new Camry be? Everybody recognizes that the front end has lots of contours, etc. Maybe we could get an engineer. Maybe we could talk to Toyota. Then, maybe we could explore a little more why the freakin' hosts say it no big deal to change manufacturers while Rodney Freakin' Childers himself has been saying that it is a nightmare. Seriously. These guys are making sh!t up in favor of talking about their wives gardening in bikinis, track food, and top ten lists of favorite Christmas pies. ...and Pistone calls his show "the conduit to NASCAR." Unfortunately, it probably is.
Your like the guy who calls regular sports talk radio wanting to break down the intricacies of the in field fly rule, like 10 other listeners may care but not the majority.

Your like the guy who calls regular sports talk radio wanting to break down the intricacies of the in field fly rule, like 10 other listeners may care but not the majority.

Well, if the majority would rather discuss the host's wife gardening in a bikini, then the majority are idiots.

Back
Top Bottom