SiriusXM's NASCAR Radio - Today's, not so hidden, agenda.....

That's been my only means of hearing anything NASCAR related too. They don't cover the sport here. Nobody calls into the local sports shows with anything NASCAR related.

There is no shortage of free NASCAR audio related content on the internet. All the races are available through phone apps as well.

We were simply looking for ways to cut back on spending and that will one of my contributions in dropping SirusXM. It's almost like quitting smoking. Cold Turkey without looking back is the easiest way.

Yup. I admire your decision. I could make it work. I will be thinking about this today.

Yup. I admire your decision. I could make it work. I will be thinking about this today.
You, me and Hoda could start a ex SiriusXM related support group. Free hugs for all starting with you @Revman! :D

untitled-jpg.24515

Decided to take a break from NASCAR Radio for the past two weeks. I haven't even listened to a single second of it. I found out that I haven't missed it. Well, not that much. It became a habit more than anything when it comes to listening to the channel. I think I'm going to be canceling it soon. I can spend my money elsewhere.

It is really remarkable to find out the things you miss and don't miss when you don't have them or choose to ignore them. When sports leagues have gone on strike it seems unusual at first but then you get used to doing other things. I didn't watch Nascar for a year and didn't miss it but when I was made aware of this site I started watching again so I could participate. Being a part of this forum will always ensure I watch to some degree but if this place disappeared I would likely drift away again unless the racing was consistently good. I have liked the last 2 races so it is a good sign for me.

I still listen often. I can't listen to Moody. I just want to reach through and knock him upside the head. I like listing to Chocolate Myers, mainly because of his stories. If he just did a show telling stories, it'd be the greatest thing ever. I like listening to Kenny Wallace also. You never know what he will say. He has never changed. I can handle everything except Moody.

I still listen often. I can't listen to Moody. I just want to reach through and knock him upside the head. I like listing to Chocolate Myers, mainly because of his stories. If he just did a show telling stories, it'd be the greatest thing ever. I like listening to Kenny Wallace also. You never know what he will say. He has never changed. I can handle everything except Moody.
I'm just waiting for the day that Moody gets an intelligent caller that's capable of countering his often flawed counters to people's points.

I'm just waiting for the day that Moody gets an intelligent caller that's capable of countering his often flawed counters to people's points.
He really doesn't give anyone the chance to counter. Don't have the stones I guess.

He really doesn't give anyone the chance to counter. Don't have the stones I guess.

That's when you know a caller has a host up against the wall and they have nothing more to counter the caller with. Suddenly they need to move onto more calls or they'll claim they're late getting to a commercial break. They have the power of the "drop" button. Then some have the audacity to make fun of the caller after they've dropped them simply because the caller ruffled their feathers.

If you are an RCR fan, then yeah Chocolate must be a god send, but if you are not an RCR fan not so much.

If you are an RCR fan, then yeah Chocolate must be a god send, but if you are not an RCR fan not so much.
Wether you like RCR or not, as a racing fan, how could you not love a good racing story. I despised Rusty Wallace and DW as drivers but I love their story telling.

I guess my problem (as some may see it) is that I am a race fan first. I don't care who does what as long as I'm entertained by it. If Matt Kenneth or Kyle Busch have something to say, I'll listen.

Wether you like RCR or not, as a racing fan, how could you not love a good racing story. I despised Rusty Wallace and DW as drivers but I love their story telling.

I guess my problem (as some may see it) is that I am a race fan first. I don't care who does what as long as I'm entertained by it. If Matt Kenneth or Kyle Busch have something to say, I'll listen.

Don't get me wrong, a good racing story is a good racing story, but I guess years of Chocolate's stories have waned on me.

Then some have the audacity to make fun of the caller after they've dropped them simply because the caller ruffled their feathers.

This is the cornerstone of Pistone and Bagley's crap.

Why wouldn't we start bitching about the All Star Race on the heels of one of NASCAR's brightest stars winning at Auto Club? Thank you NASCAR Radio!

I've always felt that Danielle Trotta was best suited for a visual medium.
It's not clear whether Danielle leaving Fox was voluntary or not. I doubt she would choose to leave just for this radio gig. However, there may be another shoe to drop. She would be a big upgrade for NBCSN, IMO.

...and Bailey asks Moody about the Hall of Fame voting experience.....Every. Damn. Year. Dear God. Why the hell is he a guest of TMD anyway? I mean the host of one show is a guest of another? SMD. Only reason I tuned in anyway was to continue the All Star celebration on a Monday morning. Instead, the usual bitching from Pete and crap from Bagley. This channel has serious production issues. Pathetic.

...and Bailey asks Moody about the Hall of Fame voting experience.....Every. Damn. Year. Dear God. Why the hell is he a guest of TMD anyway? I mean the host of one show is a guest of another? SMD. Only reason I tuned in anyway was to continue the All Star celebration on a Monday morning. Instead, the usual bitching from Pete and crap from Bagley. This channel has serious production issues. Pathetic.
TIL if a program doesnt praise Kyle Busch for consecutive days, it has production issues.

Start your own show. Be the change you want to see in the world!

TIL if a program doesnt praise Kyle Busch for consecutive days, it has production issues.

Start your own show. Be the change you want to see in the world!

Absolutely. The flow of this channel is to discuss the race Mon-Tues, and turn the corner to look ahead to the next weekend. The Mon-Tues program has been replaced by bitching about the race.

I would love to, but all of the talk about NASCAR wouldn't interest the listeners apparently. I am the change I want to see in the world. To date, however, only @kyle18fan has bought in. I am thankful for the one. I don't care for Happy Meals, and I moved out of Mom's house years ago. Plenty of Kyle Busch gear out there for the both of us!

Do I need to get Hoda out again? Ah, WTH, it looks like you're having a tough day. Have a Hoda Hug!

untitled-jpg.24515

Kinda funny that this thread was resurrected today. My wife told me on our way in this morning that we are receiving SIRIUSXM free for a week as some sort of promotional thing. I decided to tune over to XM-90 just in time for the show opening @ 7am. Now, I've been cold turkey from SIRIUSXM NASCAR Radio for about 2 or 3 months now. Tuning in this morning made me feel like I never missed a broadcast as it was the same ol' same ol'. Dropping the service was a good move on my part. Saving some $'s and some aggravation.

Kinda funny that this thread was resurrected today. My wife told me on our way in this morning that we are receiving SIRIUSXM free for a week as some sort of promotional thing. I decided to tune over to XM-90 just in time for the show opening @ 7am. Now, I've been cold turkey from SIRIUSXM NASCAR Radio for about 2 or 3 months now. Tuning in this morning made me feel like I never missed a broadcast as it was the same ol' same ol'. Dropping the service was a good move on my part. Saving some $'s and some aggravation.

I would agree. The ONLY reason I keep it is because I cannot get races on the radio without it. I need that. Additionally, there are a few shows I still like, but TMD is brutal as is Speedway.

I would agree. The ONLY reason I keep it is because I cannot get races on the radio without it. I need that. Additionally, there are a few shows I still like, but TMD is brutal as is Speedway.
Keep in mind that all the races are available through both the MRN and PRN apps on your cell phone. I listen to them quite a bit that way. This time of the season I don't get to see many of these races as we travel on most weekends. Neither of those apps use that much data.

Now, MRN and PRN don't help from the Brickyard 400 but when you think about it, do you really want to listen to that race anyhow?

I just renewed my XM for 6 months at $6.00 per month with everything. I get a little tired of the nascar shows sometimes and would like to slap Moody some times, but out of all the shows, most of the time Moody's show is pretty good, but, the Nascar is perfect as is agenda does wear on me at times.
I also like the music channels a lot, channels 6,7 and 8 and now 18 and some 49. I am in a vehicle a lot and the diversity of stations is quite nice. I just wish RUSH would sign with XM, but, I am guessing the price RUSH wants ain't gonna happen.

I'm not a SiriusXM subscriber, but if I were, I'd think Hall of Fame opinions and general HoF discussion would be a really prime topic in the run-up to Wednesday's HoF announcement. I mean, I know Nascar is supposed to be all about Kyle Busch 24/7, but I'm just saying....:flushed:

Reactions: sdj
I'm not a SiriusXM subscriber, but if I were, I'd think Hall of Fame opinions and general HoF discussion would be a really prime topic in the run-up to Wednesday's HoF announcement. I mean, I know Nascar is supposed to be all about Kyle Busch 24/7, but I'm just saying....:flushed:
Maybe they can compromise and discuss why Kyle Busch should be in the HoF. ;)

I'm enjoying my free 2 weeks as always. My thought from today though is Chocolate is just a slower talking DW.

I'll be in my car shortly but I always miss the first part of Moody's show. I'm interested to see if he swears up and down that the all star race was awesome and the option tires worked to perfection.

Absolutely. The flow of this channel is to discuss the race Mon-Tues, and turn the corner to look ahead to the next weekend. The Mon-Tues program has been replaced by bitching about the race.

I would love to, but all of the talk about NASCAR wouldn't interest the listeners apparently. I am the change I want to see in the world. To date, however, only @kyle18fan has bought in. I am thankful for the one. I don't care for Happy Meals, and I moved out of Mom's house years ago. Plenty of Kyle Busch gear out there for the both of us!

:salute: wut ? :D

Back
Top Bottom