SiriusXM's NASCAR Radio - Today's, not so hidden, agenda.....

The Toyota was brought up on Moody's show last week I believe. He shot it down pretty quickly. Caller was trying to say that it was going to have an unfair advantage down force wise and Moody wasn't having it. He went on about how it was tested in the wind tunnel and that NASCAR and all the other manufacturers signed off on it. That all the information was shown to Ford and Chevy.

Like I said, maybe we could get an engineer to break it down. Moody isn't that.

I didn't mind Pete's comment because Allen was being obnoxious like he knew better. Especially when he kept bringing up Chocolate like his opinion mattered above all.

I'd tune in to hear Pete tell Choc that he is full of ****. That would be worth my subscription right there. Pete talks **** until the subject of his opinions calls in.

Get to NASCAR Radio right now! Moody is talking about the empowerment of women. Yeah, same guy who talks about his wife gardening in a bikini. References to his tweet about the history of women in victory lane make him giggle like a fat baby getting his belly button tickled.

Y’all do know when a radio talk show host wants to get a l’il controversy goin’ the caller that starts it is in a cubicle just a few feet from the studio? Right?

He’s known as a sales staff employee, acting the part of a caller with a subject ‘n thought the host is ready to rip but no one has brought up. But y’all know that.

Moody said that the Monster girls should be used by parents to discuss marketing and how to get attention to kids. You cannot make this **** up. I'm going to start a collection to put Moody into retirement. Feel sorry for the guy.

I'll throw this out there.....Now, Moody hasn't mentioned the article indicating that Monster is kind of taking a wait and see approach with how they market NASCAR because he is into his own take on this kind of thing. I digress. What if NASCAR is worried about Monster, and sends Moody in to stir up the masses to get Monster to back down? This would be in keeping with the thread title. Hmmmmmmm.......

I just know that'll make your day but don't worry, Hoda's there for you.....

untitled-jpg.24515

This week has been **** for talk on Nascar 90. Yesterday wasn't too bad with the Daytona Press Day interviews. Monday just wanted to make me puke. Our first Monday after actual real racing and all they could talk about was those damn Monster Girls. F#ck off already.

Is it really true that in his acceptance speech he game a shout out to @Revman? :D

Three guys in the NASCAR Radio break room voted for this. One was a drunk temp worker voted for Moody; one was lost trying to get to the NFL Channel; and one was Moody. Temp worker and Moody put him over the top. Same voting process for Bagley's NMPA Broadcaster of the Year.

I may have misheard but earlier the morning guys were telling a story about how Danica's (I think?) PR person told them that Danica really likes their show because they don't talk about racing much. Newsflash fellas...

I was also listening to a replay of the Late Shift the other morning and a caller said that Brian France is single handedly ruining NASCAR and that he'd probably watch less than 15% of the races this year. Brad Gillie quickly hung up on him and said "Ok I gotta let you go there, and...I don't care if you watch or not, I want to talk to the people that do watch." Then went on to say that to his knowledge, Brian France didn't have a hand in any of these new rules. Well we all know that's a lie from the pits of hell, but thanks for once again calling us stupid.

You cannot go against the grain at all with these people because they don't know how to respond to it. And because they don't want to upset the suits.

Last edited:
Most of them say MRN I'd imagine. Now, I wonder who controls MRN? Let me think.
All I'm saying is, NASCAR employees or not, it's OK to have your own opinions. Simple odds say that there's no possible way that all of their on air talent agrees with every single move NASCAR makes. And the fact that they try and fool the listener into believing that they do is insulting.

You'd have to catch them out drunk in a bar to find out their real thoughts.

That's just it.....I find it laughable when they say NASCAR has never told them what they can or cannot say. Which maybe true. But you can't tell me the hosts don't have it in the back of their minds what would happen if they started saying stuff that the brass at NASCAR doesn't agree with.

The NMPA Broadcaster of the Year, Dave Moody, just said that there are fans who weren't even alive the last time Chevy didn't win the Manufacturers Title. Then, that would mean they were dead last year. Outstanding work as always. Like DW says, "Do what you know." Apparently, that's not much.

Dear God....The NASCAR Radio "talent" is already starting to gloat. This is going to be a tough day for @Revman. Would give anything for an announcement later today regarding a "reorganization" of the show schedule, "talent," and production.

Dear God....The NASCAR Radio "talent" is already starting to gloat. This is going to be a tough day for @Revman. Would give anything for an announcement later today regarding a "reorganization" of the show schedule, "talent," and production.
Maybe Hoda will host the co-host with Dave in the afternoon?

The NMPA Broadcaster of the Year, Dave Moody, just said that there are fans who weren't even alive the last time Chevy didn't win the Manufacturers Title. Then, that would mean they were dead last year. Outstanding work as always. Like DW says, "Do what you know." Apparently, that's not much.
Moody reaching out to the 3-month old race fan.

Given the average age of the NASCAR fan, there are probably some who remember when Hudson won their last manufacturer's championship.

Oh joy...Hall of Fame discussion day. Can't wait for Moody's annual dissertation of what it is like to be on the voting panel. Queue cheesy MRN dramatic background music, a narrative on the brotherhood in the room, and the emotional depletion that results from such an impossible decision. Mike and Pete have us off to a fabulous start talking about nothing.....at least we aren't talking about Christmas pies.

Oh joy...Hall of Fame discussion day. Can't wait for Moody's annual dissertation of what it is like to be on the voting panel. Queue cheesy MRN dramatic background music, a narrative on the brotherhood in the room, and the emotional depletion that results from such an impossible decision. Mike and Pete have us off to a fabulous start talking about nothing.....at least we aren't talking about Christmas pies.
I enjoyed the fruitless chatter yesterday about the headset Mike had to return and the Cubs season tickets that Pete has to stressfully divvy up with his boys every year.

Here's the thing people seem to miss about radio talk shows, it's entertainment they aren't going to spend 4 hours a day breaking down aero numbers from Toyota vs chevy while seeing what raising the track bar 1/32nd of an inch does.

Here's the thing people seem to miss about radio talk shows, it's entertainment they aren't going to spend 4 hours a day breaking down aero numbers from Toyota vs chevy while seeing what raising the track bar 1/32nd of an inch does.

In the sports I follow there are always things happening within the season that can be discussed such as match ups, injuries, trades, schedule, slumps, individual players, rumors, highlights and things of that nature. In the off season you have things like free agency and the draft so at least in my mind there are a myriad of topics that can be discussed.

For the life of me I can't think about a ton of things that could be discussed about Nascar and that is primarily due to there being so few moving parts compared to the sports I follow. I thought Atlanta was a really good race but what is there to talk about? The boneheaded move by Harvick that likely cost him a win? JJ deciding to take himself off the lead lap due to being a triple bonehead? Good runs by some of the lesser lights? I respect that there are many, many things people enjoy about Nascar radio but I don't see it myself.

All of the shows outside of the morning time fools have no problem filling their slots with NASCAR related talk. If they ever drift away from it it's for maybe a minute or two.

These niche channels are niche channels for a reason. There are other channels that are aimed at entertaining. Guarantee if I flip to the golf channel they aren't going to be talking about their trip home thru the airport and what they had for dinner.

Amy morning show is going to be about entertainment more then sports. I mean heck here in Philly WIP spends a month of airtime on the wing bowl

4 hours of Brad Gille > Pistone, Bagley, and Moody combined. It can be done....but Moody needs to talk about is wife gardening in a bikini.

All of the shows outside of the morning time fools have no problem filling their slots with NASCAR related talk. If they ever drift away from it it's for maybe a minute or two.

These niche channels are niche channels for a reason. There are other channels that are aimed at entertaining. Guarantee if I flip to the golf channel they aren't going to be talking about their trip home thru the airport and what they had for dinner.

Nailed it. :cheers:

In the sports I follow there are always things happening within the season that can be discussed such as match ups, injuries, trades, schedule, slumps, individual players, rumors, highlights and things of that nature. In the off season you have things like free agency and the draft so at least in my mind there are a myriad of topics that can be discussed.

For the life of me I can't think about a ton of things that could be discussed about Nascar and that is primarily due to there being so few moving parts compared to the sports I follow. I thought Atlanta was a really good race but what is there to talk about? The boneheaded move by Harvick that likely cost him a win? JJ deciding to take himself off the lead lap due to being a triple bonehead? Good runs by some of the lesser lights? I respect that there are many, many things people enjoy about Nascar radio but I don't see it myself.

I like it when they dig to find the guys we don't hear from much post race. Give me the crew chief, pit crew member, engineer, etc. Certainly, I agree with you that there is only so much that can be said about the win, but there is depth to be explored IMO.

This just in....there will be no Christmas pie discussion or dialogue about Moody's wife gardening in a bikini on NASCAR Radio. 100% fight coverage all week. The "talent" has been saved as they no longer have to fill air time. Whew.

Decided to take a break from NASCAR Radio for the past two weeks. I haven't even listened to a single second of it. I found out that I haven't missed it. Well, not that much. It became a habit more than anything when it comes to listening to the channel. I think I'm going to be canceling it soon. I can spend my money elsewhere.

Decided to take a break from NASCAR Radio for the past two weeks. I haven't even listened to a single second of it. I found out that I haven't missed it. Well, not that much. It became a habit more than anything when it comes to listening to the channel. I think I'm going to be canceling it soon. I can spend my money elsewhere.
How ya gonna get your Claire B fix?

I have considered this repeatedly. Problem is that this channel is the only way I get NASCAR on radio where I live.....However, I have stopped listening to the dude with the wife who gardens in a bikini during my lunch hour because he simply never addresses NASCAR during that time. Never. Talks stupid **** with his producer. Done with that. I am hanging on because I think Gille is exceptional, and Pat Patterson in the mornings on weekends is great. I like Claire B., but the Chasing Elliott and Smithfield Amirola feels like eighth grade productions. Really wish that PRN would do all of the race broadcasts.

I have considered this repeatedly. Problem is that this channel is the only way I get NASCAR on radio where I live.....However, I have stopped listening to the dude with the wife who gardens in a bikini during my lunch hour because he simply never addresses NASCAR during that time. Never. Talks stupid sh!t with his producer. Done with that. I am hanging on because I think Gille is exceptional, and Pat Patterson in the mornings on weekends is great. I like Claire B., but the Chasing Elliott and Smithfield Amirola feels like eighth grade productions. Really wish that PRN would do all of the race broadcasts.
That's been my only means of hearing anything NASCAR related too. They don't cover the sport here. Nobody calls into the local sports shows with anything NASCAR related.

There is no shortage of free NASCAR audio related content on the internet. All the races are available through phone apps as well.

We were simply looking for ways to cut back on spending and that will one of my contributions in dropping SirusXM. It's almost like quitting smoking. Cold Turkey without looking back is the easiest way.

Back
Top Bottom