SiriusXM's NASCAR Radio - Today's, not so hidden, agenda.....

Why haven't they issued timeouts to the teams yet, since the rationale for everything is that's how football does it? Maybe a challenge flag for debris cautions.

LOL, maybe each team will be given a free pass per race to use at their discretion in addition to all the other ones doled out. I like your challenge flag idea except maybe drivers could throw water bottles from their cars instead of flags.

"This channel is a conduit to the sanctioning body."--Pete Pistone. There you have it.
Not defending him but that statement meant that it's a way of making your thought's know to NASCAR and not meaning that the station is NASCAR's mouthpiece.

BUT, I do know what you are saying.

SCREW those calling for shorter races on this channel!

I honestly don't know what the he!! is wrong with NASCAR fans these days. If this is truly what the fans of today want, I am completely out of touch with reality.

Jordain Bianchi of SB Nation is being given the voice on their channel to call for this. I have to wonder if he is a ticket buying customer of this sport.

Edit..... I drank more coffee than usual today.

I honestly don't know what the he!! is wrong with NASCAR fans these days. If this is truly what the fans of today want, I am completely out of touch with reality.

Jordain Bianchi of SB Nation is being given the voice on their channel to call for this. I have to wonder if he is a ticket buying customer of this sport.

Shorter races WITH this new format would be absolutely pathetic. And a death sentence. You'd almost see no extended periods of action, and whoever qualified up front would finish up front.

Not defending him but that statement meant that it's a way of making your thought's know to NASCAR and not meaning that the station is NASCAR's mouthpiece.
As if NASCAR listens to any opinions that differ from their own.

Sounds like the station is only allowing non-dissenting callers onto the air.

If you get the car right, and the racing improves, why would you want less of it? NASCAR Radio has gone off on the shorter races thing because they believe that the attention spans of the younger fan are too short to appeal to them. This is bull****. Give the younger fan an older fan (parent) who will sit with them, and the races couldn't be long enough. Trust me on this.

I think that's all they ever do. Not necessarily talking about this change, but in the past whenever there has been a highly unpopular rules change, you'll hear 10 consecutive callers on SiriusXM praising said change.

....and it makes you wonder who NASCAR is listening to.

I think that's all they ever do. Not necessarily talking about this change, but in the past whenever there has been a highly unpopular rules change, you'll hear 10 consecutive callers on SiriusXM praising said change.
Ive said it before and Ill say it again. This is Brian France's NASCAR rules/formats suggestion box.

256344-dual-flush-corner-toilet-white.jpg

BUT, I do know what you are saying.

I know you get what I mean, but if this thread has any merit, then all NASCAR hears is what they want to hear.

I know you get what I mean, but if this thread has any merit, then all NASCAR hears is what they want to hear.
The fan council is a way to make fans feel like they are heard.

In the suggestion box it goes.

The fan council is a way to make fans feel like they are heard.

In the suggestion box it goes.
I am starting to feel that I am just wasting my time with the Fan Council, and with this last survey asking about the changes, I stated I would like all the results of each survey posted so we could( FC members) see what the percentages are for stuff being asked, you can say that I called them on their "this is what the fans wanted" line we heard so much during the announcement.

I am listening, Pete is a D nozzle at times. So, is Pete a true fan or just a wannabe mouth peice?

IMO these guys can never relate to the ticket buying fan.

I could not agree more. They create a vibe of entitlement, and suggest that we should be happy with the crumbs we are thrown. They banter about bull**** because they do not understand the technical aspects of the sport. For example, the NMPA Broadcaster of the Year (Bagley) didn't even understand that the '18 Camry would run this year. He was certain that Toyota had unveiled it a whole year early. Isn't this the job of the NMPA Broadcaster of the Year to make sure he knows what the hell he is talking about?

That show falls right in line with my drive to work in the mornings and they rarely ever discuss NASCAR at that time. It's always what they did the night before or what fancy restaurant they ate at, etc. So I just throw on the local FM country station.

Yup, more and more I shut it off to save myself the angst before the angst of work.

Wannabe? Not only is he, he also collects a paycheck.

IMO these guys can never relate to the ticket buying fan.

They are kinda like @AndyMarquisLive , but he doesn't have the huge ego and the big bank balance yet . He may be losing touch with us little people , I can't really tell because he doesn't get mad at us any more .

Who is the guy that is on with Chocolate Myers?

Yes, at first he seemed like a caller friendly host. Now at times he acts like a first class jackass to callers
I do like that he speaks his mind though. That's a rarity on that channel. I really like Choc. Myers but his pro everything stance rubs me the wrong way lately.

Reactions: sdj
I used to like when Buddy was on. He told a lot of racing stories but they all had relevance to current topics, on-track incidents they'd talk about on Monday, etc. I used to get over two hours a day of this channel when I had over an hour ride to work. I had two subscriptions, one for my wife and me. Keep in mind this is the 24 hour media cycle and they have to fill time, three hours a day or more in some cases. That includes tales of travel headaches, kids' birthday parties, who makes the best linguini in Watkins Glen, and all this stuff. Never bothered me much if they talked about it. I think listening to some Belichickian crew chief drone on and never say anything is worse. That's when I'm looking for another channel. I didn't even get Sirius for NASCAR, I got it for NFL games so I always considered it a bonus. Too bad Buddy's gone, I could listen to him all day on that channel.

Bagely and Pistone have Hoda on this morning? I found my line. It has been crossed. Off button. Pathetic.

I have had XM since it started, when Nascar came on board I upgraded. Over the years I have listened to many many races while traveling this great country on Business (but I really really miss Mr. Barney Hall) greatest of all time auto race announcer, may god rest his soul.

There are days I get fed up with all of them on XM Nascar and other days all is good. I guess the most irritating to me is Claire B when she repeats over and over and over what is coming up later on the show, goes to break and comes back and starts all over again with the same rhetoric, but, other times she gets'r done really well. I like Moody 80% of the time, the other 20% I wish some one would give him a smack, during the 20% time he is rude and disrespectful to a fault, but, Moody calling the Race on MRN, he can get you excited about the on track action and you feel like you are there in your minds eye.
Example, on 2-26-17 I will be driving from Biloxi, MS back home, that is 12 hours at best, I will listen to the 500 on XM.:)

The morning and mid day shows are OK, but, if they get to beating a dead horse, I change channels, simple.

Nice thing about XM is there is a wide variety to listen to uninterrupted for hours on end, which at times I drive 6 to 10 hours straight at a time, on business.

I do like that he speaks his mind though. That's a rarity on that channel. I really like Choc. Myers but his pro everything stance rubs me the wrong way lately.

Chocolate is a really nice guy, but he definitely blindly supports anything from NASCAR. He's probably the worst on air personality for the entire station, but I can overlook it because of his character away from the radio.

Back
Top Bottom