SiriusXM's NASCAR Radio - Today's, not so hidden, agenda.....

Boy Moody sure is slurping the KDB sauce today. He just insists that Chase and Truex would have been fighting for 2nd if he had made his way back up there with them. He's never been the biggest Chase cheerleader from what I've heard in my time listening, but he sounds more impressed and congratulatory over the 18's 3rd place than he does the win.

This opinion doesn't bother me as much as where it is coming from. I mean, did Moody even study this race weekend? KB was never going to win by 8 seconds or whatever he was suggesting on air. He is full of ****. Was KB awesome? Of course. Did Chase have pace? Absolutely. Before the stop that doomed KB, I was way not comfortable. I figured that they would have to make an adjustment to find the speed to hold him off, or the 9 would need to screw his pit stop.....and on that subject.....I am glad NASCAR didn't call it, but that call was complete bull****. If Chase hits a pit gun, and knocks it out of his box, it is a penalty. If he hits a crew guy carrying the gun, it's not. That is a joke, and what pisses me off is that it stimulates the conspiracy theorists. Additionally, O'Donnell--and I like this guy--insults the **** out of my limited intelligence with his explanation. bull****. Anyway, I cannot stand it when Moody blows that kind of bull**** that he did about KB. There was nothing that happened during Practice (which Moody openly admits he ignores) or qualifying (which Moody openly admits only kind of pays attention to) that would lead anybody to believe that KB would own Chase.

Kyle Busch is such a clutch driver though. And Elliott did make mistakes with Truex behind him. Honestly it looked like Truex cut Chase some slack too.

It was a remarkable drive. Had anyone other than Chase won, it would be a bigger deal. People are allowed to have an opinion of the race that differs from Elliott=GOAT.
He made A mistake. I think it was Larry Mac that said it, but in the last 32 laps Chase had to be near perfect for over 200+ corners and he had 1 notable slip up. That's pretty rock solid for a guy that chokes according to some. Truex made a lot of mistakes in the bus stop, whether it was aero from trailing or whatever, he slipped up far more. Chase spent the majority of his day driving forward, Truex could never get close enough to do anything with him and even admitted as much.

This opinion doesn't bother me as much as where it is coming from. I mean, did Moody even study this race weekend? KB was never going to win by 8 seconds or whatever he was suggesting on air. He is full of sh!t. Was KB awesome? Of course. Did Chase have pace? Absolutely. Before the stop that doomed KB, I was way not comfortable. I figured that they would have to make an adjustment to find the speed to hold him off, or the 9 would need to screw his pit stop.....and on that subject.....I am glad NASCAR didn't call it, but that call was complete bull****. If Chase hits a pit gun, and knocks it out of his box, it is a penalty. If he hits a crew guy carrying the gun, it's not. That is a joke, and what pisses me off is that it stimulates the conspiracy theorists. Additionally, O'Donnell--and I like this guy--insults the sh!t out of my limited intelligence with his explanation. bull****. Anyway, I cannot stand it when Moody blows that kind of bull**** that he did about KB. There was nothing that happened during Practice (which Moody openly admits he ignores) or qualifying (which Moody openly admits only kind of pays attention to) that would lead anybody to believe that KB would own Chase.
I agree with most of your post except the penalty part. The explanation couldn't be more clear imo. Tire changers routinely exit their pit boxes when running to and from each side of the car while carrying equipment. They also roll tires across those same lines as well. As long as the equipment is controlled (i.e. pit gun in hand, tire being rolled in a controlled manner), it's not a penalty.

I agree with most of your post except the penalty part. The explanation couldn't be more clear imo. Tire changers routinely exit their pit boxes when running to and from each side of the car while carrying equipment. They also roll tires across those same lines as well. As long as the equipment is controlled (i.e. pit gun in hand, tire being rolled in a controlled manner), it's not a penalty.

I was wondering about this when Chase's tire guy went out of the box with the air gun
he did keep the gun in control as he was rolling across the hood as Chase took off.
that was controlled chaos!!!
Had he dropped the air gun outcome may have been different

Hamlin's tire guy had his air gun ripped away from him...glad there is a breakaway on his back belt

Two weeks and no NASCAR Radio. I think we are officially on a break, and I don't miss her. This might be the end.

Two weeks and no NASCAR Radio. I think we are officially on a break, and I don't miss her. This might be the end.

I also haven't listened for awhile. I didn't even know about Noble leaving! I just now saw the news posted in this thread.

Broke my string of days without NASCAR Radio because I wanted to keep track of the 78 situation. Tuned in to hear Bagley blow about the stupid "radio style" coverage from Indy this weekend. Thank you "off" button. Dear God. Why? The news of the 78 was bad enough. Why much the racing gods treat me this way?

I gave up listening to TMD the day after the Eldora truck race when they were talking about Danica at the espy's before they even talked about the truck race.

They're doing radio style at Indy? I don't see how that's practical

Broke my string of days without NASCAR Radio because I wanted to keep track of the 78 situation. Tuned in to hear Bagley blow about the stupid "radio style" coverage from Indy this weekend. Thank you "off" button. Dear God. Why? The news of the 78 was bad enough. Why much the racing gods treat me this way?
Rick Allen and Steve Letarte will talk in Turn 1, Mike Bagley in Turn 2, Dale Jr. in Turn 3, and Jeff Burton will talk all the way around the track.

Fans: NBC has to do something different than FOX

*NBC experiments with new cameras and announcing techniques*

Also fans: NOT LIKE THAT

Has Kenny Wallace been completely removed from the channel? I haven't heard him on in forever. I originally thought the Brad Daugherty thing was only on Tuesday but he's completely taken over the gig.

Cancelled.

Apparently my auto-renewal came up a couple of days ago, I was charged $170 for ONE YEAR! Nice try. They offered me 3 or 4 different deals to try and keep me, but I stuck to my guns. I may revisit when they start sending their flyers in the mail. It's just not worth it when I basically listen to maybe 4 different channels.

Cancelled.

Apparently my auto-renewal came up a couple of days ago, I was charged $170 for ONE YEAR! Nice try. They offered me 3 or 4 different deals to try and keep me, but I stuck to my guns. I may revisit when they start sending their flyers in the mail. It's just not worth it when I basically listen to maybe 4 different channels.
I gave it up about a year ago and don't miss it at all. The only one I listened to was Willies Roadhouse. I finally got the phone calls to stop but I still get a flyer about once a month.

Cancelled.

I gave it up quite a while ago now. At first, it was somewhat like quitting smoking. Then it became much easier. Was a long time listener. Since back in the Claire B / Chris Farley days on XM. If I can give it up, anyone can give it up.

I gave it up quite a while ago now. At first, it was somewhat like quitting smoking. Then it became much easier. Was a long time listener. Since back in the Claire B / Chris Farley days on XM. If I can give it up, anyone can give it up.
Yeah, the only time I think I'll miss it is if I ever happen to be in the car during qualifying or during a race for some reason. Which isn't often. I can always use the PRN/MRN apps for that I suppose.

Also - nice to see you back around here bud!

Yeah, the only time I think I'll miss it is if I ever happen to be in the car during qualifying or during a race for some reason. Which isn't often. I can always use the PRN/MRN apps for that I suppose.

Also - nice to see you back around here bud!
Yeah, the MRN/PRN apps give you all the fix you need for free.

Good to be back in a somewhat limited fashion. Been busy with some big projects this past summer. Slowly getting back with the program.

Bagley and Pistone have nothing to talk about today (ever). Bagley referred to Dartfish as Whitefish. Trying to fill. Painful.

:eek:

Capture.JPG

LOL... I'll be calling them this week, they better come up with a meaningful discount cuz I ain't paying $300 for a year of Sirius-XM. And I do listen to more than the NASCAR channel. In fact I've found I don't listen to the NASCAR channel much anymore. :oops:

View attachment 36953

LOL... I'll be calling them this week, they better come up with a meaningful discount cuz I ain't paying $300 for a year of Sirius-XM. And I do listen to more than the NASCAR channel. In fact I've found I don't listen to the NASCAR channel much anymore. :oops:

When I called they reduced it to $125.00. I love Sirius-xm. Cant stand the nascar channel. Listened to Moody one time that was enough.

View attachment 36953

My latest "return to the fold offer" from them was $25 for the first year; They don't get it that I'm not interested at all anymore

Claire B. Lang is killing me today. One comment about riding the high line with the composite body in the Xfinity race, and she asks everybody about it as if she thought of it herself. I mean, really bad.

I haven't been a subscriber for quite some time now but this vague tweet from PP has me wondering. Just a dumb tease or some actual shakeup with the morning show? Anyhow, if you hear, please post it. Inquiring minds want to know.

Ah ok, nevermind. I see that's it's a little mid day shakeup on their channel. I thought maybe they were getting a new morning crew. Guess not.

Ah ok, nevermind. I see that's it's a little mid day shakeup on their channel. I thought maybe they were getting a new morning crew. Guess not.

What are the changes? Haven't heard, but I was jacked about your post until I found out Bagley and Pistone remain. This morning really bad. Talking about **** they don't understand, and criticizing Kyle Busch for being critical of the package. Idiots.

I dropped XM nascar two months ago. The morning drive was a parrot show. Dave Moody was pretty good on some days when he was not berating callers.

Been playing with the idea again. TMD is horrible. Moody is a big mouth. Claire B. Lang's show has gone to **** as well. Hanging on because of Brad Gille, Larry Mac, and Brad D. Gille is really, really good IMO.

What are the changes? Haven't heard, but I was jacked about your post until I found out Bagley and Pistone remain. This morning really bad. Talking about sh!t they don't understand, and criticizing Kyle Busch for being critical of the package. Idiots.
They are idiots I agree but they really were just saying Kyle should give the new rules a shot before blasting it, Clint was spot on in his comments about it.

They are idiots I agree but they really were just saying Kyle should give the new rules a shot before blasting it, Clint was spot on in his comments about it.

Not a problem with that.....I have a problem with Bagley breaking down what Kyle said, and reading into it. If there is one thing we have learned from Kyle, it's that he says what he means--good or bad. They are searching. ....and this is Kyle. He will say that about the car, and be his usual fast self. This is what he does. It isn't BS. He will hate the car, and then win with it. Kyle will win with anything. That is separate from his opinion of the car which is what he was asked. I thought that he was less animated than I anticipated.

Not a problem with that.....I have a problem with Bagley breaking down what Kyle said, and reading into it. If there is one thing we have learned from Kyle, it's that he says what he means--good or bad. They are searching. ....and this is Kyle. He will say that about the car, and be his usual fast self. This is what he does. It isn't BS. He will hate the car, and then win with it. Kyle will win with anything. That is separate from his opinion of the car which is what he was asked. I thought that he was less animated than I anticipated.
He needs to understand that he has a lot of influence on the fan base and when he comes out and blasts something like the COT he effectively polluted the minds of a lot of people, a lot. He should have learned to temper his comments which I guess he kinda did yesterday. Kinda

He needs to understand that he has a lot of influence on the fan base and when he comes out and blasts something like the COT he effectively polluted the minds of a lot of people, a lot. He should have learned to temper his comments which I guess he kinda did yesterday. Kinda

I hear you....I really do....but that's not Kyle, and it's never gonna be. That's why we have Jimmie Johnson. If NASCAR doesn't want Kyle's voice, then why the hell did they put him on the podium? Pretty sure Kyle wasn't screaming for air time.....

anybodies guess, but KDB has always been a mouth that won't shut, so I would go with what usually happens...drama.

Back
Top Bottom