SiriusXM's NASCAR Radio - Today's, not so hidden, agenda.....

Poor Pete is sounding like a death bedder. He didnt take the Easter Change well it seems like. I think moving the July Daytona race and Indianapolis to the roval are all more egregious than racing on Easter Sunday.

I'm not super religious, but even the folks I know who are don't seem to think a race on Easter is a problem. What's the big deal? The employees working on Easter Sunday won't be home to take little Timmy and Nancy on an egg hunt for candy? Sheesh. Let's not pretend Easter is anywhere close to Thanksgiving or Christmas within the spectrum of American holidays.

I'm not super religious, but even the folks I know who are don't seem to think a race on Easter is a problem. What's the big deal? The employees working on Easter Sunday won't be home to take little Timmy and Nancy on an egg hunt for candy? Sheesh. Let's not pretend Easter is anywhere close to Thanksgiving or Christmas within the spectrum of American holidays.
There's alot of people that like to pretend that, and they seem to be race fans for some reason. I myself didnt find it offensive, and in fact since the schedule change those involved in the sport used to miss every holiday (Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving some years)....now they are home for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's so I dont see the harm in racing on Easter Sunday, I say race on it.

As a kid growing up in a Catholic household, I didn't like Easter because to me, it only meant two things: longer church, and no NASCAR race. LOL
Yep.....There was some bitching within the NASCAR community, but it's interesting how we never hear much about what a blessing (pun intended) the drastically reduced weekend schedule is.

When those goof balls start thinking they can change the schedule to suit them, they are too far gone for reasoning. He like so many others whined and complained, but I bet his happy ass was watching every lap, miserable, but watching anyway.
Agreed, but there is no lack of narcissism on that show. I loved racing on Easter, and I never want to see it go away.

I've never been a fan of having to work on holidays personally. So I can't expect nor do I need these guys to do so for the sake of my entertainment. Let them be with their families. And that goes beyond just the drivers.

Yeah, I don't understand the David Wilson hate.

Dude is honest and transparent as they come.
You’re gonna turn this into a SOI vs Revman thread ha ha. I will say that I don’t hear the equivalent of Ford or Chevy’s David Wilson talking so much. In fact I might be a bad fan but I don’t even know who those fellas (or ladies) are. I know who David Wilson is though, he has had his opinion of Kyle Busch and the JGR negotiation that’s for sure.

Although I do not agree with everything said I am enjoying the free prevue

You’re gonna turn this into a SOI vs Revman thread ha ha. I will say that I don’t hear the equivalent of Ford or Chevy’s David Wilson talking so much. In fact I might be a bad fan but I don’t even know who those fellas (or ladies) are. I know who David Wilson is though, he has had his opinion of Kyle Busch and the JGR negotiation that’s for sure.
I mean, he talked about that and it is a WIP, almost a done deal with a sponsor still being up in the air.

He talked about Ty Gibbs will be in a Cup car, but its a matter of when. Also, he's very high on Jesse Love after with Jeese's involvement with the GR86 Cup Car, the new entry level racing series in SRO. So, I'm intrigued to see what happens with TRD backed teams in the future.

I am obviously biased, but this is a great post. The "other guys" are Mark Rushbrook (Ford), and Jim Campbell (Chevy). David is on NASCAR Radio every week WE win. The other guys aren't on as consistently.

I mean, he talked about that and it is a WIP, almost a done deal with a sponsor still being up in the air.

He talked about Ty Gibbs will be in a Cup car, but its a matter of when. Also, he's very high on Jesse Love after with Jeese's involvement with the GR86 Cup Car, the new entry level racing series in SRO. So, I'm intrigued to see what happens with TRD backed teams in the future.
Interesting that he said that there isn't another Christopher Bell in the pipeline a the moment. WE are very high on Bell....left no doubt about Ty, did he?

Yeah, I don't understand the David Wilson hate.

Dude is honest and transparent as they come.
There really isn't any--he is a very nice person....some are going to take shots at Toyota no matter what....and I get that until it gets stupid which it very often does.

There really isn't any--he is a very nice person....some are going to take shots at Toyota no matter what....and I get that until it gets stupid which it very often does.
Tell us about the Camaro again will ya. On second thought save us. lol

Interesting that he said that there isn't another Christopher Bell in the pipeline a the moment. WE are very high on Bell....left no doubt about Ty, did he?
It takes time, Bell is a converted dirt racer to asphalt. The talent is there with him, its good they are committed to Bell long-term.

Toyota also has a JHN and Gibbs who are ready for the next level. I'm a fan of giving Gibbs a second full-time season instead of rushing him into Cup.

You mean Ty Gibbs will eventually race for Joe Gibbs Racing's Cup team? I'm shocked! :biggrin:

I can't stand Ty, but that has been a foregone conclusion for a couple years now.
Big surprise. I wonder how they are going with Kyle?

Unless Kyle decides to retire from stock cars and go race open wheel full time, I don't see a scenario where he isn't still racing for JGR next year.
I would think if they had any sponsors lined up for Kyle we would hear about it. I'm surprised it has gone on this long and they knew that at the end of last year M&M was pulling out.

Toyota also has a JHN and Gibbs who are ready for the next level.
Kiante, what do you mean when you say Toyota "has" John Hunter Nemechek? I'm of the impression (could be wrong) that JHN is simply a free agent paying customer renting a truck seat plus a couple Xfinity races. Are you saying Toyota has signed him up to a development deal like they did with Erik Jones and Christopher Bell?

Again, I could be wrong, but I thought Nemecheck's deal was more like William Byron or Noah Gragson... renting a Toyota truck seat but remaining free to seek any available ride, whether Chevy, Ford, or Toyota.

Kiante, what do you mean when you say Toyota "has" John Hunter Nemechek? I'm of the impression (could be wrong) that JHN is simply a free agent paying customer renting a truck seat plus a couple Xfinity races. Are you saying Toyota has signed him up to a development deal like they did with Erik Jones and Christopher Bell?

Again, I could be wrong, but I thought Nemecheck's deal was more like William Byron or Noah Gragson... renting a Toyota truck seat but remaining free to seek any available ride, whether Chevy, Ford, or Toyota.
I think JHN is committed to TRD, Kyle Busch wanted him because of his youth and expereince level. Something he didn't have prior and it seems like Wilson is very high on him. Wilson mentioned him as a possible replacement for KFB or Truex if they decide to not re-sign or even retire. Kyle is in his later 30s, Truex and Hamlin are in their early 40s. I think Wilson expects turnover in the future, this is why it made no sense to me why Ford let Nemo walk after one season in Cup. Ford Performance needs that next in line talent for their own talent pool.

The only thing holding JHN back is money, he's stated previously he only has enough personal funding for the KBM seat.

I would personally like to see Sam Hunt go all in with JHN in the 26, I think that would be the perfect spot for him.

JGR should bring back Erik Jones
Jones is in same boat as JHN……needs sponsor money

if you look at stats….there’s not that big a difference between Bell n Jones…….Jones is in the 43

I would think if they had any sponsors lined up for Kyle we would hear about it. I'm surprised it has gone on this long and they knew that at the end of last year M&M was pulling out.
He wants 10 million (Hi Matt Kenseth). JGR doesn't have 10 million lined up. Simple....yet complicated.

Unless Kyle decides to retire from stock cars and go race open wheel full time, I don't see a scenario where he isn't still racing for JGR next year.
When a couple of guys enter into a big dick contest, **** happens when embarrassment sets in.

It takes time, Bell is a converted dirt racer to asphalt. The talent is there with him, its good they are committed to Bell long-term.

Toyota also has a JHN and Gibbs who are ready for the next level. I'm a fan of giving Gibbs a second full-time season instead of rushing him into Cup.
Not 100% with you on JHN. 100% with you on Ty.

Wilson mentioned him as a possible replacement for KFB or Truex if they decide to not re-sign or even retire.
I don't think that is what he said.

This is my understanding.

You mean Ty Gibbs will eventually race for Joe Gibbs Racing's Cup team? I'm shocked! :biggrin:

I can't stand Ty, but that has been a foregone conclusion for a couple years now.
I am surprised that David was so emphatic about that. Good kid. Gonna be fun to watch him kick ass and piss people off. My kind of guy,

Wilson mentioned him as a possible replacement for KFB or Truex if they decide to not re-sign or even retire.
He did say complimentary things about JHN, but in no way did he indicate that he would be in line to take the place of either of those drivers should they walk...unless I missed something.

He did say complimentary things about JHN, but in no way did he indicate that he would be in line to take the place of either of those drivers should they walk...unless I missed something.
No one else in the current stable behind the current Cup drivers are ready. Gibbs and JHN are the only two within the top 3 who are ready for Cup. Kyle wanted JHN to be the anchor for his truck team, but seeing how he's expanded into Xfinity with JGR and Sam Hunt. I think there is more than just a guy paying for the seat, I truly think he's plausible replacement for any of the JGR guys.

I've been high on his potential for years, its crazy how he's been thrown under a rug and forgotten about. To think he's only 24 years old, we'll see though.

Was it his time in the 38 that caused his stock to fall? I think he did fine in a rotating seat for the past few years.

Gonna bing listen this week....Bagley is gone. Thank you God.

No one else in the current stable behind the current Cup drivers are ready. Gibbs and JHN are the only two within the top 3 who are ready for Cup. Kyle wanted JHN to be the anchor for his truck team, but seeing how he's expanded into Xfinity with JGR and Sam Hunt. I think there is more than just a guy paying for the seat, I truly think he's plausible replacement for any of the JGR guys.

I've been high on his potential for years, its crazy how he's been thrown under a rug and forgotten about. To think he's only 24 years old, we'll see though.

Was it his time in the 38 that caused his stock to fall? I think he did fine in a rotating seat for the past few years.
I think we are going to find out....Truex is gone IMO. JGR needs a guy for 1 year. JHN would take that....They are in the situation they have been in before. A guy leaves unexpectedly...and a decision needs to be made....Joey, Daniel, and now Ty is in line--but I don't think they go Ty this time. If not him, who? Who takes that ride for a guaranteed year?

Happened to flip it on this morning and was like this is great. Bags really brings that show down
Yup, I agree, but what is equally pathetic is that Pistone doesn't act like such a douche when Bagley is gone. Pistone sans Bags is actually tolerable.

So Denny tweets Moody after his comment about the pit crew swap....and Moody doesn't tweet back, but makes the subject the "Topic of the Day" today? Really? Big time when he is pushing callers around, but crawls in a hole when a true "insider" calls him on his ****? Wow.

So Denny tweets Moody after his comment about the pit crew swap....and Moody doesn't tweet back, but makes the subject the "Topic of the Day" today? Really? Big time when he is pushing callers around, but crawls in a hole when a true "insider" calls him on his ****? Wow.
I just read the tweet I guess without looking thru the TRD glasses I don't get that.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I just read the tweet I guess without looking thru the TRD glasses I don't get that.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Moody is critical. Denny doesn't agree. Moody doesn't have the balls to respond, but all of a sudden grows them when he can dominate the narrative on his radio show.

Back
Top Bottom