So Far, The Boys Aren't Having At It

Couldn't think of another driver to compare , but he's still going to be interesting to watch.

Okay I can understand that, but personally I don't miss him. A daddies money boy getting countless opportunities that a lot of better drivers never had.

I hope he is never injured, but I hope he fails miserably at racing. He is debris that has no business on a race track, or farm equipment (farms have fences too).

Okay I can understand that, but personally I don't miss him. A daddies money boy getting countless opportunities that a lot of better drivers never had.

I hope he is never injured, but I hope he fails miserably at racing. He is debris that has no business on a race track, or farm equipment (farms have fences too).

Maybe Jr should have put an ad in the paper asking how many drivers would like some of his "daddies' money.

I consider Biffle a pretty good driver. Biffle has 17 Cup wins. Jr has 18.

This is boys have at it

Great stuff Greg. The after report about the integrity of the sport were great.

The thing I didn't like about Earnhardt was that he often couldn't take what he dished out, but I have to wonder if he owed DW that shot from some incident in an earlier race.

This is the kind of crazy stuff NASCAR's popularity was built on. Sometimes you hate the guy for doing what he did, but weeks later, you're somehow glad he did.

Great stuff Greg. The after report about the integrity of the sport were great.

The thing I didn't like about Earnhardt was that he often couldn't take what he dished out, but I have to wonder if he owed DW that shot from some incident in an earlier race.

This is the king of crazy stuff NASCAR's popularity was built on. Sometimes you hate the guy for doing what he did, but weeks later, you're somehow glad he did.

I am not sure Dale owed DW, but Waltrip may have dealt a payback to Dale in the fall 87 Martinsville race for what happened at Richmond.

They both were roughing each other up, before Dale hooked him.

That's a side of DW, I wish younger fans could have seen in the day. DW was almost the opposite by the end of his career.

Great clip Greg! Racing like that is how NASCAR became as Big as it was in the 90's then they toned everything down and fell to what they are now.

It must have been neat at last Monday's Hendrick meeting . Jimmy...".Sorry we didn't get you the 2ooth win Mr.H.".........Rick ,...."Yeah Jimmy , I thought you had it in the bag" .....Jimmy ..."".So did I until Chad told me to ease up ,I guess it's to early in the season to tip our hand.....Rick....."Yep ,you gotta wait till the chase."

You know what! We can just keep recycling this post!

I guess the biggest difference for me is that it seems guys are okay with whatever comes, to much points racing maybe? Thing is with Dale and DW they didn't want to lose to each other. Same with Dale and Jeff. Jeff won 56 of his races racing against Dale. That's why I really agree with Greg's post, it's the post Dale Earnhardt era of NASCAR. I understand the politics of sponsorship and performance and making the Chase and all that goes in to it but I personally feel we've gone just a little passed that now. "Oh my teammate is leading so I'll run second to him"? I don't know, Earnhardt certainly ran right passed his teammate Skinner (I believe it was) when he got his last career win at Talledega.

I guess the biggest difference for me is that it seems guys are okay with whatever comes, to much points racing maybe? Thing is with Dale and DW they didn't want to lose to each other. Same with Dale and Jeff. Jeff won 56 of his races racing against Dale. That's why I really agree with Greg's post, it's the post Dale Earnhardt era of NASCAR. I understand the politics of sponsorship and performance and making the Chase and all that goes in to it but I personally feel we've gone just a little passed that now. "Oh my teammate is leading so I'll run second to him"? I don't know, Earnhardt certainly ran right passed his teammate Skinner (I believe it was) when he got his last career win at Talledega.

The thing is , we are a much different fan today . Any driver who gripes about some guy passing him for the win is called a whiner today . Back in Senior's day ,noone would have called him that . Drivers today are taught to take the high road ,not bitch about losing . They try to pump up the rest of the team ,for the most part . Kyle and Kurt are two that have taken losing badly and paid the price on this forum.

I guess the biggest difference for me is that it seems guys are okay with whatever comes, to much points racing maybe? Thing is with Dale and DW they didn't want to lose to each other. Same with Dale and Jeff. Jeff won 56 of his races racing against Dale.

I really wish nascar would play down the championship so these guys would have to get their glory by winning. BTW, Sr and Jeff were good friends and simply played up their rivalry. I think we are in a period where there will be many new drivers sitting near the top of this sport, and the chase regulars today wont give up those spots without a fight.

The thing is , we are a much different fan today . Any driver who gripes about some guy passing him for the win is called a whiner today . Back in Senior's day ,noone would have called him that . Drivers today are taught to take the high road ,not bitch about losing . They try to pump up the rest of the team ,for the most part . Kyle and Kurt are two that have taken losing badly and paid the price on this forum.

Sr had a way of complaining that eludes most drivers today, especially the busch bro's.

Back
Top Bottom