So THATS what DEI was running

paul

Team Owner
Running illegal freon cooling systems on their gas tanks to keep the gasoline cooler.

Well they were using it somewhere along the fuel system. Not sure what all the parts are on a fuel system, but isn't the carb a component? Would a smaller carb allow greater gas mileage?

Basic fuel system components.

Filler valve
Filler neck and hose
Fuel Cell
Overflow and vent
Fuel line to pump
pump
fuel line to fuel log (if they can still use them)
carb

Originally posted by paul
Well they were using it somewhere along the fuel system.  Not sure what all the parts are on a fuel system, but isn't the carb a component?  Would a smaller carb allow greater gas mileage?

It may help with fuel economy, but it would probably affect horse power as well!

What is this illegal cooling system thay used?

Yes it was confiscated. Not sure what it was, exactly. But some illegal cooling system to get greater gas mileage.

But hey, what do I know, I guess I'm just a whacky consipracy theorist.

Where did you hear about this, Paul?

Which DEI car was accused of having it?

Did this happen at Chicagoland or Daytona?

I have my sources. ;) Will be revealed in time. :)

It was Jr's car at Chicagoland.

Jr. got nailed for some infraction at Chicago. I don't remember what it was though.

I have my sources. ;)  Will be revealed in time. :)

It was Jr's car at Chicagoland.

It figures. Are they gonna try to take away his top ten now, or what? :(

They probably should, and deduct points...as everyone was so happy to see them do to JJ.

They probably should, and deduct points...as everyone was so happy to see them do to JJ.

I wasn't one of those doing jumping jacks about the Jimmie Johnson incident. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I'll believe it when I see it...

Just read it on jayski... all it was was a can of "Cold Fire", which is nothing more than a cool down spray. It was taken from his garage area and not from his car.

There was a tag on the can that said:

"Freon-type chemicals or refrigerants must not be used in or near fuel systems."

This suggests it was used for cooling the fuel system somehow, when I'm not sure, and that the chemical was illegal near the fuel system.

"Several Winston Cup teams face penalties this week for parts confiscated during the inspection process this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway. Among the items taken and displayed in the NASCAR hauler were unapproved jacking bolts from the cars of Tony Stewart and Kyle Petty."

Oops, it seems you failed to mention this little infraction by Tony, Paul. :) Should his 3rd place finish also be taken away? It seems to me a much worse infraction than having a can of spray a few feet from the car...

It sure should. If not at least a huge fine and some points taken away.

Simmer down people. If rules were broken, points should be docked to stay consistant with what happened to JJ. I have a feeling it won't work out that cut and dry though...

I have looked for the info on this topic & haven't found any yet ! Could someone put up a link?

:(

Cold Fire - don't know how the team might have been using this, but often it is used by drag racers to help cool the engine after a run. Without a water pump running the engine tends to gain heat after it is shut down. This stuff helps cool the engine and prevent this damaging heat build up. With all the talk about heat cylces due to the one engine rule this may have been the case, maybe not.

the jacking bolt thing is getting very strange. Not sure waht these unapproved bolts are, but we have seen the same thing several times this year. There were three or more teams fined for the same violation last week without points deductions, so I don't know if that should change. Would need to more about why they are unapproved.

I agree follow.

Oh and abooja...why in the world would my opinion be any different with TS getting caught with illegal parts?

:p Now I know there must be a mistake. There is absolutely no way that Lil'E would cheat. Heck, he don't have to cheat cause he's just that darn good. I don't know why everyone goes around making up stories about him like that. Now we all know that Kyle Petty and John Andretti should get what they deserve. The entire Petty Enterprise is nothing but a bunch of cheaters. I mean just look at where they are in points and the number of races they have won. There, nuff said about them. But, all you peoples need to stop saying how Lil'E cheated. You don't know nothing. He don't need to cheat. You bunch of liars, you. :satisfied

D.E.I.=Doing Everything Illegal.I hope thats not the new meaning:(

Of course not pbunch. If you think that DEI might be doing something illegal, you're a conspiracy theorist. What you're to do in a situation such as this is to simply say that it was a minor adjustment made on DEI's part, and that NASCAR has no right to pick on the team this way.

You then go about pointing out every other team's rules infractions, stating that they should be fined and penalized. Especially those teams like JGR and PE that cheat week in and week out.

All 3 PE cars illegal. Wow. I'll bet Richard is going to kick some butt, getting caught like that.

hmmm, i think everybody cheats, meaning bends or stretches the rules, in order to be a top contender. they are the ones looking for the edge.

Most of us know that judas, but some (not mentioning names) think that DEI never cheats. And try changing the subject immediatly.

:p

well, lol, hope they dont keep on asking for proof, lol, cause GOD has a funny sense of humor and might continue to give em proof:p . hopefully they just accept it and be happy

Time for me to be cool.I have some thoughts that may be a little one sided,and would offend the Majority.I hope that the good family run operations at DEI do take it in stride.:)

Yeah that cooling system really helped in Chicago, especially after he stopped for gas/tires, and went back to tenth; and I don't even like junior.

I agree follow.

Oh and abooja...why in the world would my opinion be any different with TS getting caught with illegal parts?

Sorry, I've been away doing mundane domestic stuff. (Nice way to spend a day off.) :eek:

Sorry. I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you, Paul. I just figured out your source (Jayski's, I assumed), and noticed that the info about the Tony penalty was right there next to the Junior penalty. I guess I thought it odd that you would have excluded that information from your posting. :)

Now, I'm not trying to suggest that DEI never breaks the rules. From what I understand, they do try, along with most everyone else in the field. That's racin, isn't it? But a can of spray? It didn't say anything at all about them having proof that DEI actually used the stuff on Junior's car, did it?

That seems awfully minor compared to the Tony jacking bolt penalty, which is fairly common in the garage. Yet, I didn't start a separate thread suggesting that Joe Gibbs plays dirty, nor would I. I don't believe in breaking the rules. And when you do, you ought to be appropriately penalized for it. I just fail to see this big DEI conspiracy that you and several others suggest is allowing them to get away with any more bs than anybody else.

Look back to when Martin lost a winston cup then,GM buys and takes big time care of the few names at Nascar.Thats just my opinion I could be wrong.

Originally posted by pbunch
Look back to when Martin lost a winston cup then,GM buys and takes big time care of the few names at Nascar.Thats just my opinion I could be wrong.

Last I checked, Pontiac was part of GM. :)

You are right,And everybody wonders why Jack Roush feels like his back is agnaist the wall.I think Jack has continued to play fair,But when he gets an advantage Nascar finds a way to put a stick in his spoke. :)

Originally posted by abooja

I just fail to see this big DEI conspiracy that you and several others suggest is allowing them to get away with any more bs than anybody else.

Can you show me where anyone said that DEI is allowed to get away with more? Can you show me where anyone says it's a conspiracy? You asked me if Tony should be penalized as well and I said yes. How does that mean I think there is a conspiracy?

The thread yesterday was an honest question about what they were doing to get more fuel mileage. Then I read today that they were using some illegal cooling agent on their system...how is that a conspiracy?

Can you show me where anyone said that DEI is allowed to get away with more?  Can you show me where anyone says it's a conspiracy?

The thread yesterday was an honest question about what they were doing to get more fuel mileage.  Then I read today that they were using some illegal cooling agent on their system...how is that a conspiracy?

Again, just keep being in denial. :)

Who are you trying to kid, Paul? You go out of your way to post something about a DEI penalty and, hmmm, what could that be all about?... then cry foul when someone suggests you are a conspiracy theorist. Not just you, of course. Nearly everyone who spoke after you and before me threw in a jab or two against DEI. I'm not making things up here, and I'm definitely nowhere near denial, as I tried to prove by pointing out how I believe everyone cheats.

I guess DEI should be flattered at all the revelry their penalties incite in others. It's pretty obvious where all that originates. :)

:waa: :waa: :waa:

Out of my way? Ok, sure.

Maybe people were speaking up because they're tired of seeing something illegal come out of a DEI garage or car, it seems to be a monthly ordeal.

Again, I think you missed it...I said Tony should lose points and be penalized too.

I'm still waiting to hear what I've said makes me a conspiracy theorist.

Out of my way?  Ok, sure.

Maybe people were speaking up because they're tired of seeing something illegal come out of a DEI garage or car, it seems to be a monthly ordeal.

Again, I think you missed it...I said Tony should lose points and be penalized too.

And, again, I think you missed my point: if you thought Tony should lose points and be penalized too, why didn't you start a separate thread about that subject? Why do you always seem to single out Dale Jr. and DEI? The information was right there next to the Dale Jr. info, side by side. You seem to have gone out of your way to mention it. And, when I asked for your source, you wouldn't give it. Sounded a little fishy to me, I guess. :)

:rolleyes:

There was a thread yesterday where we were trying to figure out how they were getting such good fuel mileage. So, today I started a thread with the answer.

Was there a thread about Tony Stewart's jacking bolts?

Back
Top Bottom