So THATS what DEI was running

Well, when you stop implying that I'm implying that they get away with more than any other team, I'll stop using that word.

:rolleyes:

So, what they did was to freeze the gasoline into ice cubes? :confused:
That way more than 22 gallons of gas could be put into the tank as frozen gas is smaller than liquid gas. It then thaws out. The result is Lil'E gets more laps as he has more gas in his tank. Hey what a novel idea. :eek:

Well, when you stop implying that I'm implying that they get away with more than any other team, I'll stop using that word.

Are you now suggesting that you were NOT implying that DEI gets away with more than any other team? Funny, my reading comprehension ability is considered pretty fantastic.

Alrighty then, I suppose I need to remember to check Jayski's after every race now so that I, too, can post all the grisly details about which driver got which penalties and when. Why should anyone be excluded from this witchhunt? Gee, that sounds like a lot of fun. I won't do it, though, because I'm not interested in delineating for others the faults of any one particular team, as you seem to, Paul. :rolleyes:

BP: It sounds like you're really enjoying yourself over there. :satisfied

Abooja, you have gone completely mental in with this topic.

I'll post a warning thread that we are not allowed to post any links to articles, or discuss articles in which DEI is mentioned to have had an infraction.

Will that make you feel better?

Also, please copy and paste what I've said in this thread that makes you believe I think DEI gets away with it more than any other team. If you can't, I'm done with arguing with you about it. It seems as though you think DEI can do no wrong.

Maybe Jr. was huffin it between practice happy hour and raceday morning even, yeah thats it thats the ticket he was huffin it.
Aint that right abdabagooba

I'm just getting a kick out of all of this. Drivers cheat. Fines do no good. JJ has points taken away. I would truly love for one of the established drivers to lose points. Or maybe even be disqualified altogether. The uproar would be fantastic. I'm just waiting for it to happen. Or not. When PE has all 3 cars illegal I think that says something about the sport.

Oh, and admittedly I was just poking at you a little Abooja. I hope no harm, no foul. I love the length of this thread.

The driver's need to take back the rule book. NASCAR has had it too long. And everyone but NASCAR's pockets have suffered.

Don't worry, guys. This will be it for me on this subject...

Paul, Paul, Paul...Where did we go so very wrong? I never intended to turn this into a "Dale Junior does no wrong, how dare you criticize him" thread. You don't really know me, so you don't seem to want to believe that I'm not just another doting, female fan who believes he walks on water. I thought I had made a pretty convincing argument over the last month that this was not my opinion at all.

I simply wondered aloud why it was that you would deliberately exclude the Tony Stewart penalty information from your thread, and you proceeded to explain to me that it was to bolster your earlier theory that DEI was doing something illegal to get all that great gas mileage in Chicago. Several others then chimed in with their little digs and suggestions about DEI being crooked and don't you dare criticize innocent ol' Junior to the little girls, and you said nothing to challenge them.

When I put it all together, I see a guy (you) who won't argue with someone who thinks DEI is an egregious offender in the rules-twisting/breaking game of NASCAR. It seems the second someone (me) steps up to the plate to suggest such a possibility, she immediately gets framed as a Junior-lovin' ostrich with her head in the sand about the shady doings in the DEI garage. Despite the fact that she's already stated numerous times she DOES believe DEI cheats, along with everyone else in the garage.

One doesn't literally have to say "Dale Junior and DEI is a pack of cheating crooks who get away with murder" to get that very same opinion across. The English language allows for many nuances, and I am quite familiar with most of them. You should know that, Paul. You can, instead, post threads two days in a row suggesting that the gas mileage advantage Junior supposedly enjoyed in Chicagoland had to do with that illegal can of crap NASCAR busted his team with, and let the fur fly all around you. Some dope (me) will jump at the bit, and everyone will have a good, hearty laugh at her expense.

Congratulations. You've done your job well. Even 71Fan thinks so.

correct me if im wrong...i may very well be....but i thought i read someone that NASCAR found a can of freon on Jr's toolbox.......i didnt see where they found anything on the car.

could be wrong though.

Again abooja...where did I say anything that DEI gets away with it more than any other team? Is it because I didn't make a post about Tony's rule infraction?

And I'm pretty offended by the fact that you're going to resort to the whole sexist issue, because that was brought up nowhere at all.

Now this is getting interesting! Make sure someone is there to video this event. We could charge for tickets! I sure as many views this has received we could make a mint!!:D

OK boys we got 10 pages so far, can we go for 20. Come on guys I know you can do it, just keep digging.....................Hehehe

Nah, I think we're at a stand still.

We're both just putting words into each other's mouths and getting nowhere.

I feel silly.

Now paul don't feel silly, here is silly:

Hear no evil
See no evil
Speak no evil

About DEI that is!!:p

We can't just discard it like an old shoe, can we? It's become almost like an old friend.

Very funny, sgbg88! :satisfied

I think this thread has finally come to a halting crash. I also feel really silly about it. Sorry for intruding on everyone's eyes today, and sorry, Paul, for giving you such a hard time. It's getting to be that time of the month, ya know... :cookoo:

Heck, at least this board was rocking and rolling today! That's more than I can say for that *other* dump... :snore: :snore: :snore:

Hehe, we were both pretty silly.

I think we're a good match.

That other dump is just that...a dump. :D

Abooja, I've gone around and around with Pauly several times about Jr and Stewy.......Its always a no-win situation. ;) :D

IF BIG IF they have figured out a way to really cool all of the fuel real cold ...say 0-10 degrees (gas don't freeze) It would really make a huge difference in power out put. The reasons why have been explained quite well by others in this thread.

Now IF they did cool it........ how come no condensate on the fuel cans pitside? That alone is the proof that they werent getting cold fuel into the tank. 30 degrees below ambient and condensate begins to form. The fuel would have to be much colder than that to be effective.

Now About that cold manifold for Q... wouldnt work. the fuel would just turn into droplets and stick to the sides of the manifold. Smoky used to put battery powered heat tapes on the bottom of the manifold to help the fuel to atomize better right before combustion. This was also the basis for his famous air engine.

Some pretty interesting comments all the way around. If I can just add another few cents.

1. Cold fuel AND air contribute to more hp. More hp = less fuel mileage.

2. Hot engines make more power than cold engines. Some tolerances in a hot engine are closer in a hot engine than a cold one AND some tolerances are greater in a hot engine than a cold one. In an ideal world, cooling systems would NOT be used and engines would not suffer from any thermal power loss.

3. More likely than not JRs crew used the stuff to cool some hot engine or powertrain parts prior to working on them. Another victim of the one engine rule if you ask me.

4. Drag racers will cool things down between rounds and even use cool cans because of the racing environment. There is down time between rounds and still time between burnout, staging and running. This gives a lot of opportunity for heat build up...don't want it to reach the carbs and boil the fuel.

5. This whole thing reminds me of something we would do for GM/Chevys under the hood of highly insulated engine compartments. Sometimes we would run the out line from a block mounted fuel pump along a series of windings around the air conditioners cold out line. Cars that had bad vapor lock problems in the dead of summer, never did anymore...especially when running the air...!!!

sorry, forgot one more thing so I edited....6. Wasn't Smokey's air engine a derivitave of the Sterling engine? Which was invented by an 18???maybe 19th century English Priest who was distraught at the loss of life resulting from steam engine boiler explosions? The concept is based on heat exchange.

Windsor

i dont think anyone but Smokey knows how that engine works, his family refused to sell it at the clearence (sp?) sale, lot a big money offers for it too. (for those who don't know, when Smokey died, his family had a huge "garage sale" and sold all his stuff, i think the only 2 things they wouldnt sell was the capsule car and the volkswagen that had the hot vapor engine in it)

Back
Top Bottom