Somewhere, Matt Kenseth Is Fuming

Yes butttttt if your blocking and someone moves you, does that give you the right to retaliate in the same fashion as Matt did? The only people who say yes are Matt and Jeff Gordon fans. :director::nyanya:

If he hadn't have acted like he enjoyed moving Kenseth he might have spared himself from the Martinsville deal.

I like Gordon, Kenseth, and Lagano, but I am not passionate about any of them.
I still respect the way Kenseth drove throughout his career.

Brad cried alot about Kenseth too prior to Kansas. I am not sure if Kansas was the beginning point for the entire story with Lagano verses Kenseth.

Last edited:
If he hadn't have acted like he enjoyed moving Kenseth he might have spared himself from the Martinsville deal.
Not to mention the 22 had several options (lanes, brakes and a steering wheel)

So Matt is wrong but because Joey didn't publicly kiss his a$$, Joey is wrong??
That is some real logic.

That is some real logic.

That is not what I said, and it isn't logical to debate a distorted point.

Reactions: sdj
That could happen but he had pretty significant damage on the right front. I know he had a severe vibration so we're probably looking at damage to the upper, lower control arms or both. Kansas is also so Aero dependent and he had pretty good nose damage also. It was stupid penalty BUT it was a rule and they knew it.

No, I'm not going to defend the breaking of the rule, just that the penalty was too harsh for common sense. The whole deal only HELPED the guys I'm interested in, but that should never change how you look at something. I calls them as I sees them, whether it helps me or hurts me.

That is some real logic.

My only observation I have is that if Joey would have handled this deal better when it got started, maybe Martinsville wouldn't have happened. Same goes for Denny Hamlin last year and for several others over the years. If you ruin somebody's day and then insist on being a hard ass about it, don't be surprised if YOU get your day (or your year ruined.) The biggest mistake Hamlin made last year was not that he wrecked Elliott, it was his utter failure to defuse the situation before it escalated. Notice the Jimmie Johnson approach. He goes down and tries to have a civil conversation with a driver and work it out, the sooner the better. That's probably why you don't see him involved in fist fights on pit road and getting put into the fence in retaliation.

It was pretty dumb for Matt to get parked, but they knew rules and even with this 2 lap penalty coasting Jimmie would of snuck in

This. Joey was more concerned with looking like a badass then offering an apology or showing any remorse. I hope the Kansas win was worth not getting to compete for a championship.

Yes butttttt if your blocking and someone moves you, does that give you the right to retaliate in the same fashion as Matt did? The only people who say yes are Matt and Jeff Gordon fans. :director::nyanya:
I'm on record here as repeatedly saying Matt's move at Martinsville was wrong, although Logano acknowledges he made a mistake by not directly contacting Kenseth after Kansas.

It also demonstrated why "Boys, have at it" was a poorly considered statement. You can't encourage a behavior and then try to find a moral ground for punishing it.

My only observation I have is that if Joey would have handled this deal better when it got started, maybe Martinsville wouldn't have happened. Same goes for Denny Hamlin last year and for several others over the years. If you ruin somebody's day and then insist on being a hard ass about it, don't be surprised if YOU get your day (or your year ruined.) The biggest mistake Hamlin made last year was not that he wrecked Elliott, it was his utter failure to defuse the situation before it escalated. Notice the Jimmie Johnson approach. He goes down and tries to have a civil conversation with a driver and work it out, the sooner the better. That's probably why you don't see him involved in fist fights on pit road and getting put into the fence in retaliation.

But even J.J. learned you give Happy Harvick some time to cool down before you approach him. lol

This. Joey was more concerned with looking like a badass then offering an apology or showing any remorse. I hope the Kansas win was worth not getting to compete for a championship.

Really ironic in hindsight.
Lagano was definitely driving like a badass prior to Martinsville. I think he had won three in a row or something like that. He really didn't need to impress anyone, or play any games.

The success was a great thing to see. He went through the growing pains, grew up. And was owning everyone at the most critical time, when everyone was supposed to release the best reserves. I still like and respect his abilities, I believed I was watching some badassery that had just blossomed.

He has good moments since, but he has never regained the form he had prior to the event. That kind of chemistry is almost impossible to maintain. I do not want to be fool enough to pretend I know all the reasons it is gained or lost, not sure anyone does.

Still the same I would say that as much as some enjoy seeing it all end for Matt and feel vindicated. There are probably some that see Joey's post Martinsville results as some type of justice, too.
It might be presumptuous but I bet some Kenseth fans can read this with a mild smirk and nod their heads.

His holidays just started a bit early. Karma for throwing a fit on Logano. Now
he understands how it feels to get knocked out because of another idiot.
Wow can't believe this board. People whining that Kensith is such a woosss for not paying Logano back for all the times Logano ran into Kensith over the past years.

Wow can't believe this board. People whining that Kensith is such a woosss for not paying Logano back for all the times Logano ran into Kensith over the past years.
"Wow" can't believe you misread my post.

kenseth.jpg

Reactions: Pat
I'm sure Matt has plenty of money and suspect that he has moved on with his life. I doubt he gives a rat's rear end what goes on in NASCAR these days.

Back
Top Bottom