Sorry but I have too. Keith Olbermann

My sports television viewing is about 70% motorsports and 20% golf. Keith probably thinks those are demographics with even less in common than NASCAR and NHL. He probably also doesn't get the Fox ads early in 2018 highlighting their upcoming sports coverage, including the D500 and the US Open. :rolleyes:

He's a fossil ( decrepit has-been?) from 1995 that cant keep a job.
What a hack.
The D.C. connection with JR being a Skins fan, and NBC using the platform of their highest rated sports programing to do a little promoting for another sport on their network were the first things that came to mind. And hockey is my 2nd favorite sport behind NASCAR.
And I'd take that a step further, behind Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr is the most recognizable/ mainstream NASCAR driver there is. Sorry but thats the way it is, you put Jr in a big city like New York, LA or Chicago odds are he'd get recognized in less than 20 minutes. So for Keith to say they are "wheeling out an ex cab driver" is incredibly ignorant and shows how out of touch he really is.

but to play devil's advocate..... how many times did we make fun of The Olympic Guy NBC had on pit road during races? I know I'm guilty as charge.... BTW 3 weeks until they take over coverage.

I think Keith has worked for ESPN, MSNBC, Current, HGTV, GSN, Disney Junior, MeTV, The Weather Channel, QVC, the DirecTV setup channel, the Lifetime Movie Network, TLC, and CMT in that time span.
I loved his work on LMN as characters like "Crusty Old Farmer With Heart Of Gold", and "Widowed Father Of Female Lead Who Marries Mother Of Male Lead".

The tweeters were right, Olbermann IS a tool. Never mind that I disagree with about 99% of everything he says, his elitist smug know it all better than you attitude is just exhausting. Hey, wait a minute, I think Keith might be a member here.....:D It's hard to believe that I actually used to enjoy him on Sports Center with Dan Patrick.

If you're a man on the Lifetime Movie Network, you've most likely been cast as either a murderer or a sexual deviant.
I get LMN and Hallmark confused. I don't watch either one much, so I'll yield to the greater knowledge your viewing habits have imparted. :D

He's a fossil ( decrepit has-been?) from 1995 that cant keep a job.

And I'd take that a step further, behind Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr is the most recognizable/ mainstream NASCAR driver there is. Sorry but thats the way it is, you put Jr in a big city like New York, LA or Chicago odds are he'd get recognized in less than 20 minutes. So for Keith to say they are "wheeling out an ex cab driver" is incredibly ignorant and shows how out of touch he really is.

but to play devil's advocate..... how many times did we make fun of The Olympic Guy NBC had on pit road during races? I know I'm guilty as charge.... BTW 3 weeks until they take over coverage.

That is funny to me.

I had a friend down at Capital One Arena watching the game outside on the big screen. He told me that when Dale Jr. came onto NBC's coverage, there was a noticeable cheer from the crowd. Not loud or anything but enough to know that the crowd definitely recognized him.

That is funny to me.

I had a friend down at Capital One Arena watching the game outside on the big screen. He told me that when Dale Jr. came onto NBC's coverage, there was a noticeable cheer from the crowd. Not loud or anything but enough to know that the crowd definitely recognized him.
Everybody loves Jr lol, I'll tell you at his height of popularity from 01-06 I'd bet he was one of the most popular sporting figures in the United States. He just comes off as a likable and humble dude.

See I'm all for the intersection in coverage. NASCAR fans don't get to complain here, they show disdain for stick and ball sports, then get mad that stick and ball fans are mad about NASCAR guys covering their sport.

I know you guys have seen athletes at races before, they love it but NASCAR fans are too stupid to watch anything else according to this clown.

See I'm all for the intersection in coverage. NASCAR fans don't get to complain here, they show disdain for stick and ball sports, then get mad that stick and ball fans are mad about NASCAR guys covering their sport.
I see it both ways. really, like I said I know alot of us made fun of the other Athletes NBC trotted out during their coverage last year, but I kinda felt like Olbermann's tweet was a cheap shot at Jr kind of playing it off like who is this hillbilly, at least thats the way I interpreted it.

Well, when Brad Doherty was with espns nascar coverage I kinda felt the same way. Like who is this guy and what information can he really contribute. If it wasn't kieth olberman this would be a nonstory in fact I think it already is. No reason we can't enjoy other sports. The dude Keith's take is a joke.

Well, when Brad Doherty was with espns nascar coverage I kinda felt the same way. Like who is this guy and what information can he really contribute. If it wasn't kieth olberman this would be a nonstory in fact I think it already is. No reason we can't enjoy other sports. The dude Keith's take is a joke.
Not a bad take, reasonable opinion really.

Keith has made a career out of being a blowhard. Nothing to see here

I disagree. I don't think the fans here show disdain for stick and ball sports as much as we show disdain for COMPARISONS TO stick and ball sports.
I don't know who I despise more, Stephan A or Skip Bayless. Both are absolutely insufferable.
Oh, no contest: Colin Cowherd.

I thought Logano did some Hockey deal also. Maybe that goof saw Jr's paycheck, I don't know who the guy is, one of the many gifts for not watching stick n ball. And this post is on the ragged edge of what should be in the stick n ball thread IMO which means absolutely nothing. FWIW.

Olbermann has always been an ahole.

Don't really care about or mind Olbermann's opinion. He never pretended to have anything for disdain for NASCAR, and it's not for everyone. Was more insulted by sports media figures who made fun of NASCAR and then became fake fans when it was the new hotness.

I am interested in whether these crossover appearances by Dale Jr. across NBC programming are having a beneficial effect. I tend to think NASCAR is too walled off from the rest of the sports world, and so I like what they're trying to do. I also liked when Ato Boldon was a guest pit reporter for a race, and I didn't appreciate the disapproval some NASCAR fans showed for that. Anyone who shows up to a race and is enthusiastic about it should be welcomed.

Olberdork is a typical elitist, smug, arrogant, blowpipe. When he looks NASCARs way, all he can see is hicks, hayseeds and inbred losers who marry their cousins. How in the world he keeps popping up anywhere on TV is beyond my level of understanding. But, to his credit, he's probably the only yahoo on the planet who can tell you off the top of his head the roster for last years WNBA All Star game. He was actually a good partner with Dan Patrick YEARS ago, when he managed to keep his politics to himself. I tune into sports shows.......for SPORTS!!! SHUT UP OLBERDORK!!!!

Don't really care about or mind Olbermann's opinion. He never pretended to have anything for disdain for NASCAR, and it's not for everyone. Was more insulted by sports media figures who made fun of NASCAR and then became fake fans when it was the new hotness.

I am interested in whether these crossover appearances by Dale Jr. across NBC programming are having a beneficial effect. I tend to think NASCAR is too walled off from the rest of the sports world, and so I like what they're trying to do. I also liked when Ato Boldon was a guest pit reporter for a race, and I didn't appreciate the disapproval some NASCAR fans showed for that. Anyone who shows up to a race and is enthusiastic about it should be welcomed.
He wasnt a quest reporter for just one race, he was around for a handful of races doing the "Im new to NASCAR" because NBC wanted to cross promote the Olympics of the winter time that they were going to be covering. I think, and not speaking for the entire fan base, but maybe after the 2nd race, a lot of people were over the Ato experience and it really not adding much to the actual race broadcast, kind like FOX's race breaks and anytime they put Mikey on.

... all he can see is hicks, hayseeds and inbred losers who marry their cousins.
Dammit, I've told y'all a thousand times, she's my SECOND cousin. I married her sister first, then her, so she's second.
He wasnt a quest reporter for just one race, he was around for a handful of races doing the "Im new to NASCAR" because NBC wanted to cross promote the Olympics of the winter time that they were going to be covering. I think, and not speaking for the entire fan base, but maybe after the 2nd race, a lot of people were over the Ato experience and it really not adding much to the actual race broadcast, kind like FOX's race breaks and anytime they put Mikey on.
I liked the guy but he wasn't going to get me to watch the Olympics. With NBC not hyping the games this year, I doubt he'll be back.

I guess he had no problem with Charles Barkley on their NHL coverage last year. Barkely has no connection to the sport or to NBC, but there he was. I cannot stand KO.

Well said. I thought he was only a pit reporter for one race and did a couple other pre-taped features that ran other times, but I could be misremembering and minimizing how often he was on. For me there is still a parallel between the Dale Jr. fish out of water cross-promotion at the Olympics, Stanley Cup, etc. and the Olympics cross-promotion they did on NASCAR telecasts last year. I would rather see racing fans be more welcoming to outsiders unless they show up with a chip on their shoulder.

I can’t be the only concerned that NBC’s main marketing tool right now is...a soon-to-be commentator...right? The only promos I’ve seen are the “Same Dale. New view” piece over and over. Not a good look IMO. You’ve got to be able to draw people in with more than a talking head. Imagine if all CBS NFL promos were “We have Tony Romo now!”

I know you guys have seen athletes at races before, they love it but NASCAR fans are too stupid to watch anything else according to this clown.

I’m a watch the nba game... y’all com ovR if ya wuntoo...

I would rather see racing fans be more welcoming to outsiders unless they show up with a chip on their shoulder.
Oh sure, I agree with you , there is no reason not too, as long its not drawn out and or interfere with the race broadcast .

I can’t be the only concerned that NBC’s main marketing tool right now is...a soon-to-be commentator...right? The only promos I’ve seen are the “Same Dale. New view” piece over and over. Not a good look IMO. You’ve got to be able to draw people in with more than a talking head. Imagine if all CBS NFL promos were “We have Tony Romo now!”
Shamelessly bumping my own post...there's at least one other person out there who agrees with me.

Back
Top Bottom