Southern 500 RACE thread -- Darlington

They're immune to it at this point. It's like they don't give a sh!t what the drivers say.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Oh sure, but its still entertaining to see them do it.

Just appreciate consistency not like one of my guys had anything for the 20 or 42 anyway they were junk hence the reason the 18 still finished 3rd
I fully agree, we all do appreciate the consistency ,but the bigger picture is sometimes more important , and in this case, it is.

I think its almost time to have some popcorn and watch Succession, oh yeah, great race.

Some of the lapped cars had no business being in the groove in front of Jones or Busch with 3 to go on this tight of a track. Sorenson 77 was 11 laps down... what in the heck are you doing trying to get TV time? Peel off on the straight next time.

That race was awesome. Was a little skeptical of only running 550 here but paid off, that was some hard racing throughout

15624394272580835.gif
Will never not be funny

I’m just glad no one wrecked Rusty’s Miller splash car. I would not let that go if someone had done that haha. Thought Erik was going to try at one point... glad to see the car one more time.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ryan Newman wasn&#39;t happy with Daniel Suarez at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TooToughToTame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#TooToughToTame</a>. <br>Newman: &quot;Suarez raced me too hard when I was in his way trying to not let him pass. Payback will be hell. Nobody races me that hard.&quot;<br><br>They&#39;re tied for the last <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NASCARPlayoffs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#NASCARPlayoffs</a> spot with one race left. <a href="https://t.co/vADRQHiynL">pic.twitter.com/vADRQHiynL</a></p>&mdash; NASCARnoNBC (@NASCARnoNBC) <a href="">September 2, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pot? Kettle?

I like this Ryan Newman guy...

I mean come on Daniel. Atleast be big enough to ADMIT what you did. He still dodges what we all saw. Said his car is clean... get out of cup already. Go buy a ride in Indy car or something else I don’t watch

Last edited:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ryan Newman wasn&#39;t happy with Daniel Suarez at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TooToughToTame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#TooToughToTame</a>. <br>Newman: &quot;Suarez raced me too hard when I was in his way trying to not let him pass. Payback will be hell. Nobody races me that hard.&quot;<br><br>They&#39;re tied for the last <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NASCARPlayoffs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#NASCARPlayoffs</a> spot with one race left. <a href="https://t.co/vADRQHiynL">pic.twitter.com/vADRQHiynL</a></p>&mdash; NASCARnoNBC (@NASCARnoNBC) <a href="">September 2, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pot? Kettle?

His **** is so old.

I like this Ryan Newman guy...

I mean come on Daniel. Atleast be big enough to ADMIT what you did. He still dodges what we all saw. Said his car is clean... get out of cup already. Go buy a ride in Indy car or something else I don’t watch
He never did touch him in the 3 times I’ve viewed it , he took the air off the spoiler. Daniel is a good driver, he’s really improved this year hopefully enough to make the playoffs

Ashamed to admit I passed tf out on the couch before the end.

Really happy to see Eric pull that off. Very impressive final restart and stint.

Gutted for Jimmie. He was looking at a huge points day. Hilarious that Newman played a part in all that.

Jackass goes from last to first and he says ya can't pass? Nobody but Kyleites believe that nonsense. It's no wonder he got booed off the stage at Bristol.

It's pretty obvious faster cars get stuck behind slower ones..

Ashamed to admit I passed tf out on the couch before the end.

Really happy to see Eric pull that off. Very impressive final restart and stint.

Gutted for Jimmie. He was looking at a huge points day. Hilarious that Newman played a part in all that.

Super impressive by Erik man, that's the hardest I've ever seen him race attacking every chance he got, overtook and held off 2 of the best for 90 very long laps at the track Too Tough To Tame. Statement win for his Cup career.

Straight up unlucky for Jimmie he was having a strong run all night.

Newman having a rough few weeks, he gets bitch slapped by Boyer, and now Suarez didn't cut him any slack and was raced how he races.

Kyle Larson said you can't pass the leader with this package too, why does nobody bash him? :idunno:
I think the issue is that you can pass a car that you have a clear two tenths on. But in Jones and Kyle's case, KB had about a 10th on him. Kyle SHOULD have gotten by him, he was faster. And in an older car where they steer with their feet, and are fighting throttle all corner, KB wins that race.

But KB stalled out behind him, because they are both running as wide open through the corner as possible . So naturally, he overdrove it, and probably got aero tight.

The 1 car not being able to pass the 14 should be a big red flag. If it were 2005 and the best car was held up for 30 laps by a 13th place car on old tires, wed be in crisis.

I think the issue is that you can pass a car that you have a clear two tenths on. But in Jones and Kyle's case, KB had about a 10th on him. Kyle SHOULD have gotten by him, he was faster. And in an older car where they steer with their feet, and are fighting throttle all corner, KB wins that race.

But KB stalled out behind him, because they are both running as wide open through the corner as possible . So naturally, he overdrove it, and probably got aero tight.

The 1 car not being able to pass the 14 should be a big red flag. If it were 2005 and the best car was held up for 30 laps by a 13th place car on old tires, wed be in crisis.

Yawn, it's happened that way at Darlington forever.

I made it to the end of the race. I like the throw back race. I even found myself cheering for a couple paint jobs, the City Chevy (watched DoT recently) and the Dan Gurney Toyota IMSA colors. The drivers had to work hard to pass. I expected to see more Darlington Stripes. It is a driver's track and I expected the veterans to dominate but it was good to see a number of young guys running up front.

Stoked for Eric though. Likeable kid. He just earned himself a fan.

here's 5 years worth of stats including passing. There have been less and there has been more. Typical Darlington

EDdgOWlXsAExKtv.png:large
Every stat has context, that's the nature of statistics. And it certainly doesn't normalize being held up by a 13th place care. We gotta agree to disagree on this one. Sometimes, the eye test holds water imo.

Every stat has context, that's the nature of statistics. And it certainly doesn't normalize being held up by a 13th place care. We gotta agree to disagree on this one. Sometimes, the eye test holds water imo.

what is odd is that people rule out the possibility that the 1 car could have gotten slower or the 13th car was a long run car. o_O But some are looking for any reason, most don't know enough about Darlington and how hard it is to pass there either. So yeah

Has Erik Jones(at age 23)gained a step?

Winning at Daytona is pretty awesome but it’s a restrictor plate win....flip of coin on who wins

When you start winning at other tracks....really win not a fuel or shortened caution win....that’s when you know you can win.

Thinking there are more wins coming for Jones

Winning at Daytona is pretty awesome but it’s a restrictor plate win....flip of coin on who wins

When you start winning at other tracks....really win not a fuel or shortened caution win....that’s when you know you can win.

Thinking there are more wins coming for Jones

I think he is better than Chase Elliott. Disclaimer: I am not trolling. Thank you.

what is odd is that people rule out the possibility that the 1 car could have gotten slower or the 13th car was a long run car. o_O But some are looking for any reason, most don't know enough about Darlington and how hard it is to pass there either. So yeah

I think all of this is pretty obvious at this point in the season. You have cars that are built for downforce (JGR) which qualify like crap, but dominate in traffic. You have Hail Marys being thrown up for qualifying speed, and crap in the race. I think that Ganassi almost had the best of both worlds, but once those guys had to follow, they were not as dominate as they were in clean air. Yeah, I know clean air is king, but they didn't have enough on the downforce side. Obviously, JGR has something that is built in....I wonder what they have......Whatcha think?

Super impressive by Erik man, that's the hardest I've ever seen him race attacking every chance he got, overtook and held off 2 of the best for 90 very long laps at the track Too Tough To Tame. Statement win for his Cup career.

Straight up unlucky for Jimmie he was having a strong run all night.

Jimmie seems legitimately fired up lately. It’s nice to see him wake the bleep up.

Also don’t give me this hard to pass crap, dudes were moving thru the field all day and with more downforce you could put the car on the apron even with speed

Back
Top Bottom