Southern 500 RACE thread -- Darlington

I think all of this is pretty obvious at this point in the season. You have cars that are built for downforce (JGR) which qualify like crap, but dominate in traffic. You have Hail Marys being thrown up for qualifying speed, and crap in the race. I think that Ganassi almost had the best of both worlds, but once those guys had to follow, they were not as dominate as they were in clean air. Yeah, I know clean air is king, but they didn't have enough on the downforce side. Obviously, JGR has something that is built in....I wonder what they have......Whatcha think?

I think seeing Matt D’s success combined with Chevy’s qualifying I believe GM is making better engines but the Camry is a better designed aerodynamic vehicle

I think seeing Matt D’s success combined with Chevy’s qualifying I believe GM is making better engines but the Camry is a better designed aerodynamic vehicle

I don't know man, all the horsepower in the world isn't going to help you if you can't get off the corner. I feel like the TRD piece is pretty damn good, but I am biased as hell. :)

[because we like him:whoopee:QUOTE="DaBiff1618, post: 1615202, member: 7854"]Kyle Larson said you can't pass the leader with this package too, why does nobody bash him? :idunno:[/QUOTE]

[because we like him:whoopee:QUOTE="DaBiff1618, post: 1615202, member: 7854"]Kyle Larson said you can't pass the leader with this package too, why does nobody bash him? :idunno:
[/QUOTE]

Because there is no hot air left after the Kyle bashing.

I gave up about 40 laps in. Went to bed. Had to work all day today. Deleted it from DVR without watching. Guess i truly am done with this sport.

Back
Top Bottom