SPEED relaunch as FOX Sports 1 looks destined to happen

Bump.

Race Hub is on now. It's on that station that station, FS1. The station that is a Papis slap in the face to all NASCAR fans. o_O

FOX is locked through 2024. You've got lots of time.

Oh I know. I am just saying when the new contract kicks in Fox will have more money invested in Nascar, and more Nascar content. That is when I think it will be best to see how FS1 plays out their Nascar programing. Plus they will have more than 3 weeks of experience in being a National sports network.

Losing the lower nascar series like K&N and mod tour, Fs1 will be able to plan out their scheduale.. I expect to see a ton of racing with practice ans qualifing on Fs1 during Baseball season because they only have 40 games a year.

Nascar weasel selling out.

Fox did not specify which Cup races will be televised on Fox and which will be on its cable channels, although NASCAR Vice President of Broadcasting Steve Herbst said the Daytona 500 will remain on network television. Fox has shown the first 13 Cup races of the season on network television since 2007.
The deal includes the rights for Fox to stream its telecasts on Fox-affiliated websites beginning in 2013. Fox does have the right to put such online streaming behind a pay wall, Herbst said. Oh great

Not mentioned in the news release is what will happen to Fox’s Speed TV network. Fox plans to turn Speed into an all-sports channel called Fox Sports One but has released no details about the move nor about how much NASCAR programming will be part of the all-sports channel.
“I can’t talk too much about it right now,” Herbst said. “Speed is a great partner. … We enjoy that partnership. It has deep roots here (with us). Can't talk?

“We’re extremely happy to have worked closely with Brian and his team at NASCAR over the last few months to expand and extend our relationship for what is without question the most popular motorsport in the country,” Fox Sports Media Group Co-Presidents Eric Shanks and Randy Freer said in a statement.

“NASCAR has been a staple at Fox for more than a decade and we consider it one of the signature sports we cover. With our commitment renewed, we look forward to presenting NASCAR thoroughly, professionally and creatively for many years to come.”Where's the Beef? guess what he means is less coverage is more professional and it is surely creative

“NASCAR has been in very good hands and has enjoyed tremendous success the last 12 years in large part because of our fantastic partnership with Fox and Fox Sports Media Group,” NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France said in a statement. Atta boy Brian, I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you got hoodwinked by the media weasels, but if you don't do something soon, we will be talking about what the heck happened to Nascar. bubba Brian and family ran it into the ground.

Nascar races online even though you'd have to pay is a good step for those always on the move.. watching the race on a tablet would be pretty cool imo,

stepinit........bitch all ya want. it is what it is.

we got at least 10yrs w/ fox -n-nbc....maybe 11 ....if espn/tnt sell out next yr.

get ya $$ in hand. both gotta monetize that $8.2 billion somehow.

stepinit........bitch all ya want. it is what it is.

we got at least 10yrs w/ fox -n-nbc....maybe 11 ....if espn/tnt sell out next yr.

get ya $$ in hand. both gotta monetize that $8.2 billion somehow.
you go ahead and bend over, you are used to it if you ride a hog which really are a dog.o_O Nascar isn't the only game in town IMO, and they have already lost a large part of their fans at the track. Paying more or having to change providers to see the "product" as Hilton likes to call it isn't going to increase the fan base IMO. Plenty of courses and series that Nascar doesn't have control of and if coverage appears to fill the void, I believe the fans will watch. So far Fox1 or 2 or whatever it is, are losing their shirts and they have manage to twist off alot of stick n ball and racing fans alike. So pardon me if I continue to take pleasure watching fox take it in the shorts, and it looks like the good ol boys at Nascar sold the fans down the road to the highest bidder.

you go ahead and bend over, you are used to it if you ride a hog which really are a dog.o_O Nascar isn't the only game in town IMO, and they have already lost a large part of their fans at the track. Paying more or having to change providers to see the "product" as Hilton likes to call it isn't going to increase the fan base IMO. Plenty of courses and series that Nascar doesn't have control of and if coverage appears to fill the void, I believe the fans will watch. So far Fox1 or 2 or whatever it is, are losing their shirts and they have manage to twist off alot of stick n ball and racing fans alike. So pardon me if I continue to take pleasure watching fox take it in the shorts, and it looks like the good ol boys at Nascar sold the fans down the road to the highest bidder.

me 2300cc hawg dawg eats hd hogs fer appetizer...even screamin eagle ones ! ha! thus tha name.

don't watch fs1...or fs2....now...less racin is on. not much diff than speed was at end...w/ all those goofy azz reality type shows tho.

jus sayin....fox-n-nbc in it fer tha long haul. an yep...i think tha "product" will get better......
......as their production crews get more exp. we'll see.

"boots on tha ground" ---yeah.....lotsa same folks.
but new crew at highest level.....at both fs1 an nbcsn......under tha gun ta get results.

sorta like new qb/coaches on a fb team.

FOX/FS1 sublicensed 20 of their Big East basketball games this season and up to 30 games for the following seasons though 2018-2019 to CBS/CBSSN today.

FOX/FS1 sublicensed 20 of their Big East basketball games this season and up to 30 games for the following seasons though 2018-2019 to CBS/CBSSN today.

That means they sold them off right? intresting. Big east is dead in the water anyway,

That means they sold them off right? intresting. Big east is dead in the water anyway,
Yeah, basically. For a brand new sports network I'm not sure why they're dumping live programming they just got a few months ago. I think some of the schools like Georgetown, Villanova, and Marquette are pretty good draws.

Yeah, basically. For a brand new sports network I'm not sure why they're dumping live programming they just got a few months ago. I think some of the schools like Georgetown, Villanova, and Marquette are pretty good draws.

One more network that's not ESPN for people to tune in to for programming. CBS Sports Network is not a threat to FS1 or NBCSN. At the same time, it's a way to draw more viewers away from ESPN.

Damn them to hell, every time I get used to something on a Fox channel they change it, huh, what, damn, andy channeled me again.

This past weekends Truck race was the most viewed Truck race since it's move to Fox Sports 1. I was also an increase of 2% over last years Truck race @ Talladega. I guess someone is getting Fox Sports 1. Maybe Fox Sports isn't the end of NASCAR after all?

I've only tuned into Fox 1 when they have racing content, which means I don't stop by when I'm channel surfing. I miss stopping by for a couple runs on Pass Time.

This past weekends Truck race was the most viewed Truck race since it's move to Fox Sports 1. I was also an increase of 2% over last years Truck race @ Talladega. I guess someone is getting Fox Sports 1. Maybe Fox Sports isn't the end of NASCAR after all?

@StandOnIt reporting for duty? :D

Nah just Kimmel trying to stir something up. nobody said it was going to be the end of Nascar except him I guess. ...other auto related shows, my classic car, chop cut and rebuild, the dirt trucks and other racing series have been picked up by MAV TV. The Nascar stuff, what little they have on FS1, is consistently their highest rated programming. It isn't because FS1 is so great, but because of Nascar fans that watch the races. Anything but cup has been limited or non existent, Truck and N'wide practices some qualifying, which was shown religiously on Speed, are missing entirely or footballed around to FS2 which many do not get. Other popular Auto related news, and the programming I mentioned above have vanished. I could care less about ratings, but so far FS1 with their clone attempt stick n ball experiment, and oh yeah we got Nascar too isn't doing that well. Before all the experts chime in on how great FS1 is and it is going to get this stick n ball this or that, good for them, yahoo swing batter, I'm talking motorsports and auto related programming. If you tried to watch the last ALMS race on two different channels, with about two hours cut out and tape delayed finish, you get what I am talking about....I watched a stream that ALMS had provided..thanks for that.
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nascar/yo...should-have-never-replaced-the-speed-channel/

Last edited:
Joker_AndHereWeGo.gif

We get live HD nascar racing on 8 different channels throughout the year. Fine with me. Plus we get live ARCA on yet another HD channel. As a diehard race fan I think it's great.

Back
Top Bottom