SPEED relaunch as FOX Sports 1 looks destined to happen

Turns out I may have been wrong about what will happen in Canada... I read all the practice, qualifying, etc would be gone but they said yesterday that its just staying the speed channel here and we will have all the same things ... sooo needless to say... YAY!!! :D

FOX Sports Live is worse than anything on ESPN.

They had a rough first day but I think they will be fine once they become more experienced with each other. They need to play some type of music during the highlight reels like Sportscenter does, would be less awkward. Just their first day though so let's wait to see how it develops.

The HD version of Speed Fox1 was on the optional tier of channels on Comcast in my area; somehow it is now in the standard tier of HD channels (no announcement, I just happen to try the HD channel).

Mine still has all the Speed programs listed. Then again, up until about a month ago all my channels hadn't updated the network logos since the early 2000's. I have a feeling I'll be waiting awhile for everything to be right.

Well I posted an article in here last week or earlier this week that said canada would be losing all the Speed programs... Practice, q, victory lane, raceday, racehub etc... but they said yesterday (while I was watching the programs I was told would not be available) that in Canada nothing is changing.... pretty much, Except they'll says ox Sports 1 instead of speed during broadcasts.

They had a rough first day but I think they will be fine once they become more experienced with each other. They need to play some type of music during the highlight reels like Sportscenter does, would be less awkward. Just their first day though so let's wait to see how it develops.

It won't help. Fox Sports Live is a snarky stick and ball commentary show - just like Sportscenter. NASCAR and other motorsports are just there to fill the gaps between UFC marathons and football and baseball shows.

The middle finger has arrived.

The first thing they did when they aired football highlights was take verbal shots at the Jacksonville Jaguars and Jags fans (because a backup quarterback didn't win a preseason game:rolleyes:).

For a network trying to be different from ESPN, they've acted exactly like ESPN right out of the gate.

We're on a Nascar forum, as long as they show
It won't help. Fox Sports Live is a snarky stick and ball commentary show - just like Sportscenter. NASCAR and other motorsports are just there to fill the gaps between UFC marathons and football and baseball shows.

The middle finger has arrived.

It was designed to be like Sportcenter tho. As much falk as Espn gets, every major sports network wants to be them.

It sucks that racing takes a back seat but its just the way it is.

We're on a Nascar forum, as long as they show

It was designed to be like Sportcenter tho. As much falk as Espn gets, every major sports network wants to be them.

It sucks that racing takes a back seat but its just the way it is.

They keep saying it's a different sports highlights show. Well, it's not. It's exactly like SportsCenter. A lot of snark, a lot of opinion and a lot of bias. If you're a Dallas Cowboys, New York Jets, New York Yankees or Los Angeles Dodgers fan, you're going to enjoy FS1.

The MMA fights last night where awesome but I'm sure FS1 will slowly start phasing out race coverage and try to be a sports center replica

Fox Sports has "indefinitely postponed" the launch of it's live internet/mobile streaming service.

ESPN and NBC Sports Network both have live streaming services.

This network is continuing to be a huge disappointment.

wonder why all those carriers jumped on board at last minute ?
fox got cold feet on price jump ta 80 cents.....reverted back ta 23 cents.
they stayed w/ old speed contracts.........so they'd have tha 90 mill coverage fer fs1 launch.
once those expire....look fer price incr.

sbj article

Turned into another espn to me. I only watched espn when they had a race on. Now I got two of em I am paying for that are worthless. Nothing on cable with any regular racing news program of any sort that I can find anyway.

New member from Cleveland, OH. Knew this was coming, but can anyone offer a suggestion as to where to go to find SPEED Channel, or more NASCAR coverage? (speaking in generalities) Like we need any more analysis of college football. Spent the weekend at MI with family: son and I had been before but my wife and 15 y/o daughter were rookies. My ladies were blown away by the entire experience. Now they are into it and we've got no local source for updates. Thanks!

New member from Cleveland, OH. Knew this was coming, but can anyone offer a suggestion as to where to go to find SPEED Channel, or more NASCAR coverage? (speaking in generalities) Like we need any more analysis of college football. Spent the weekend at MI with family: son and I had been before but my wife and 15 y/o daughter were rookies. My ladies were blown away by the entire experience. Now they are into it and we've got no local source for updates. Thanks!

Not NASCAR but MavTV and NBC Sports Network air a decent amount of motorsports programming. But for now, NASCAR's on the stick and ball channel (ESPN) and the MMA channel (Fox Sports 1).

The "1" in Fox Sports 1 is a middle finger to racing fans.

I know SPEED has changed the name and moved to Channel 219 on DirecTV. Try this link

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/find-fox-sports-1-on-your-tv

Michigan was my very first live race years ago. Glad to hear your ladies are hooked.

Thanks for the reply. Guess I will have to call my cable provider to see what options are available. And now I guess I understand why all the "cheerleaders", female and metrosexual, were prancing around the NASCAR Live stage on Friday and Saturday. Take your free T-shirts and stick 'em you know where.

Well if anybody finds some racing news programing besides a race, post it up please. This is B.S. There is a huge void that the pencil necks have screwed the racing fans out of. If I could get a reliable stream for races I would dump their sorry stick and ball azzes.

best source for Nascar news is jayski.com

Honestly, speed didnt have that much news except for I guess speedcenter. That and trackside are cancelled but Nascar hub is still on the air. Fs1 is still airing the practices and such.

Honestly, speed didnt have that much news except for I guess speedcenter. That and trackside are cancelled but Nascar hub is still on the air. Fs1 is still airing the practices and such.

It's a safe bet that RaceDay and Victory Lane will disappear in 2015. Personally, I can't stand those shows. I loved SPEED Center - that's a huge deal that Fox Sports 1 canned that to me.

They only care about football and MMA. NASCAR's just there as a cross-promotion tool. Just like ESPN.

Yes, SPEED was not perfect but way better than this. Always looked forward to the race re-cap Monday at 6:00 PM EST.

I'm not trying to defend Fs1. Their are timeslots that could be more motorsports coverage then what they have. That said, it wasn't like Nascar type news was covered that great on speed.

When Espn got Nascar, their Nascar now show was the place to go for me.

I'm sure that will get cancelled as well when Espn drops Nascar

Bull spit, every night at 5:00 there was a half an hour of racing news five days a week and replayed later if you missed something.

I'm not trying to defend Fs1. Their are timeslots that could be more motorsports coverage then what they have. That said, it wasn't like Nascar type news was covered that great on speed.

When Espn got Nascar, their Nascar now show was the place to go for me.

I'm sure that will get cancelled as well when Espn drops Nascar
I case you just woke up..Nascar now is pretty much gone also? 12:00 am in the morning Thursday? oh yeah 1:00 am Friday..same show an hour later?

Yes, SPEED was not perfect but way better than this. Always looked forward to the race re-cap Monday at 6:00 PM EST.

Welcome to the forum Old Firefighter , hope it works out ok for you . It may take a couple of weeks for the dust to clear , but most carriers will try to provide the programming their customers want ( if they know you want it). Be sure to call them and let them know you aren't a happy camper . You can always threaten to get a dish .

Turned into another espn to me. I only watched espn when they had a race on. Now I got two of em I am paying for that are worthless. Nothing on cable with any regular racing news program of any sort that I can find anyway.
If those were the only two 'worthless' channels I was paying for, I'd be a happy man.

I just scrolled through the TV guide and, in the time frame that Fox Sports 1 is airing one NASCAR Truck Series race and some NASCAR practice sessions, NBCSN will be airing the Pirelli World Challenge, AMA Motorcycle Racing, Formula 1, IndyCar Series racing, ARCA and The Grid (a motorsports highlights/magazine program). MavTV will be airing Indiana Sprint Cars, FIA World Rally Championship, Racing Insiders (a highlights show about sports car club racing), the Xtreme Speed Challenge from Winchester Speedway in Indiana, two off road races and Formula Drift racing.

Whelen Modified Series TitanRoof 150 at Bristol live tomorrow at 5 PM Eastern on FS2.

If anyone gets Fox Sports 2. It's not on Fox Sports 1 because I guess an NFL talk show (which is just a rerun of what ESPN and FS1 run around the clock anyways), "Crowd Goes Wild" and a show about Tom Brady are more important.

Lets see, go to the states and get a Direct TV Satellite setup and contract, take it back to Canada and you are good to go, a satellite signal doesn't know where its going.

Not quite true any more my little Perdido . This summer the American Dish Networks have been actively preventing the signal bleed into Canada by reaiming their satellites and the Canadian Dish Networks have reciprocated by changing their signal pattern . There will still be some overlap close to the border , but Canadians travelling to Florida will find they can no longer pick up a signal from the Canadian satellites (same with the Americans travelling to Canada).

Whelen Modified Series TitanRoof 150 at Bristol live tomorrow at 5 PM Eastern on FS2.
Thanks for that, I will see what happens. I am supposed to have FS2, according to the web site. It is called FS4..and the TV guide for my hillbilly cable isn't in sync. On speed which is really FS1 it is showing pass time on the guide...not ..I have about a ten year old rerun of an MMA fight. damn.

Not quite true any more my little Perdido . This summer the American Dish Networks have been actively preventing the signal bleed into Canada by reaiming their satellites and the Canadian Dish Networks have reciprocated by changing their signal pattern . There will still be some overlap close to the border , but Canadians travelling to Florida will find they can no longer pick up a signal from the Canadian satellites (same with the Americans travelling to Canada).
Ted sometimes, as in this case, "tongue in cheek" sails right by you, you knower of all things.

Thanks for that, I will see what happens. I am supposed to have FS2, according to the web site. It is called FS4..and the TV guide for my hillbilly cable isn't in sync. On speed which is really FS1 it is showing pass time on the guide...not ..I have about a ten year old rerun of an MMA fight. damn.

If you had Fuel TV(replaced by FS2), then you should be good to go. That's my situation anyway. Ch. 618 on directv..

nah, I have a small rural cable company. Cimtel. I haven't called them since they told me they would have FS1. I thought by now they would figure out that their TV guide wasn't right, still showing the old speed programs scheduling

nah, I have a small rural cable company. Cimtel. I haven't called them since they told me they would have FS1. I thought by now they would figure out that their TV guide wasn't right, still showing the old speed programs scheduling

Well that is a pain in the balls..

I think a lot of us will be getting the latest racing news from the various websites. Fill the void somehow. Make do until something better comes along.

Back
Top Bottom