Spin out on purpose?

Logano loses a tire and spins out on purpose at Martinsville, no penalty.

Wallace loses a tire and spins out on purpose at Texas and is issued a penalty.

Sanctioning body needs to stay out of judgement calls.

Well I mean Bubba admitted to it. Joey didn’t. Joey very likely did it on purpose for sure. But you have to be smart and not own it. Bubba messed up by doing so.

I don't blame Larson for being po'd, he was the fastest car on the track at the time and had been running down the field. He got up to 3rd or 4th from around 15th when the intentional caution came out.
He can be pissed off all he wants but he was not going to win and if he wanted a better points day he had the entire season to race better. IMO just whining.

So we should encourage lying?

And people should only be penalized when they admit something?

NASCAR knew Logano spun on purpose. But playoffs.

I'm really starting to not like Larson. He's done it too. Ain't no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

Well I mean Bubba admitted to it. Joey didn’t. Joey very likely did it on purpose for sure. But you have to be smart and not own it. Bubba messed up by doing so.
Joey wasnt put on blast by another driver and a network trying to stir the pot to create a story where there is none.

Look at the bigger picture. We are down to 2 races in the season and the biggest drama is whether or not a driver in a mid pack car spun on purpose or not.

Joey wasnt put on blast by another driver and a network trying to stir the pot to create a story where there is none.

Look at the bigger picture. We are down to 2 races in the season and the biggest drama is whether or not a driver in a mid pack car spun on purpose or not.

That’s true, but I still wouldn’t have said what Bubba did. You did watch the video right? I like Bubba but you can’t just basically dare NASCAR to do something the way he did. It happens. Gotta play it smart.

He can be pissed off all he wants but he was not going to win and if he wanted a better points day he had the entire season to race better. IMO just whining.

Are you a psychic? You don't know if he was going to win or not. Nobody does. He was 2 and 3 tenths a lap quicker than anyone at the time. I would call it more frustration than "whining".

It’s not in his personality to just play dumb. Plus, he’d probably receive the same flack for not admitting and there would be speculation for days.

He played it right, IMO.

I don’t disagree. We all know NASCAR is a dart without feathers when it comes to judgment calls and handing out penalties.

Normally I like Bubba’s attitude and personality. In this instance, he took the bait from the media with the Larson comments and **** stirring. He’s gotta learn to side step those questions sometimes.

50 points is a huge penalty for a struggling race team. Hope that was worth beating his chest over.

Are you a psychic? You don't know if he was going to win or not. Nobody does. He was 2 and 3 tenths a lap quicker than anyone at the time. I would call it more frustration than "whining".

I’m noticing a theme with Larson. It’s always someone else’s fault when things don’t go his way.

Same with his fanbase for that matter.

By making the comments he made Bubba pushed NASCARs hand. Live and learn.

He needs to attend KB’s finishing school for lessons in non comments.

It’s not in his personality to just play dumb. Plus, he’d probably receive the same flack for not admitting and there would be speculation for days.

He played it right, IMO.
lol, Yeah 50 grand says hello

So now maybe we need to add Larson and make it the final 5? I mean nascar has shown they'll add drivers in the past lol!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Someone tagged Steve O'Donnell in the comment section of the tweet.

Well, its a learning experience for Bubba. We know he's not afraid to telling the truth and being open. At the same time, the issue should have stayed under wraps and his PR manager should have reminded him not to be baiting into said question.

My issue with it all is, once again Bubba does something and its 110% wrong and "detrimental" to the sport. To add even more, Logano spun on purpose and supposedly said on the radio that he spun on purpose. (Go watch the replay of the race on YT, its there)

Hell, Corey Lajoie admitted it during his podcast that he did it intentionally during the last race at Bristol with him losing a brake rotor.

Yet, NASCAR is not going through their **** looking. This is where I disagree entirely with this ordeal, but I hope they are consistent.

Inman, King, and his PR reps are going to have to have to talk to him. Where he said, "What are they going to do, penalize me?" pretty much did him in and challenging NASCAR to do something, made them do something. I hope he thinks next time before he speaks.

"But the other kids did it too!" never worked on my Mom either.

As an aside the following is a true story.
When I was about 5 years old my brother told me Mom had some cheese and I could ask her for some.
He said just to say "****" in front of her and she would know what I was talking about.
So I went into the kitchen where she was washing dishes, and said the word ****. She asked me to repeat it.
So she soaped up a dish rag as I spoke and while I waited.
Then she literally washed my mouth out with the dish rag, I still remember her putting the rag in my mouth.

So we should encourage lying?

And people should only be penalized when they admit something?

NASCAR knew Logano spun on purpose. But playoffs.

I'm really starting to not like Larson. He's done it too. Ain't no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.
So you want to get into NASCAR making more judgement calls? Hell no.

As an aside the following is a true story.
When I was about 5 years old my brother told me Mom had some cheese and I could ask her for some.
He said just to say "sh!t" in front of her and she would know what I was talking about.
So I went into the kitchen where she was washing dishes, and said the word sh!t. She asked me to repeat it.
So she soaped up a dish rag as I spoke and while I waited.
Then she literally washed my mouth out with the dish rag, I still remember her putting the rag in my mouth.
You might be mistaken.

I suspect it was Limburger. That stuff tastes like dirty dishwater.

My biggest problem is that NASCAR issued the penalty for a previous race today, six days later, after on-track action has been underway for this race.

If they can do this, they can also retroactively penalize Joey Logano, but Kyle Larson and his fanbase aren't crying about that so who cares.

My biggest problem is that NASCAR issued the penalty for a previous race today, six days later, after on-track action has been underway for this race.

If they can do this, they can also retroactively penalize Joey Logano, but Kyle Larson and his fanbase aren't crying about that so who cares.

What I find funny is these guys have no problem with a Logano or any other contender doing stuff like this. Or if they do they bite their tongues.

The 26th place car does something and it turns into a week long soap opera.

You’d think one of the guys below Logano in the playoffs would bait him into a 50 point penalty :idunno:

What I find funny is these guys have no problem with a Logano or any other contender doing stuff like this. Or if they do they bite their tongues.

The 26th place car does something and it turns into a week long soap opera.

You’d think one of the guys below Logano in the playoffs would bait him into a 50 point penalty :idunno:

You think Larson would've demanded a penalty for that. :XXROFL:

I get that he thinks he would've won, but history tells us he probably would've pounded the wall trying to chase Logano and Almirola down.

To me the "what" matters more than the "who".

Someone spins out in order to get a caution to avoid loosing more laps.
It doesn't matter to me who it helped or hurt, a choice was made to alter the natural course of the race.
It should not be excused and I wish Nascar would have issued a penalty at the moment.

I am on anybodies side that is working to minimize cautions. They are necessary for safety and deserve the respect.
But aside from that they are an evil to avoid. I will take a 5 second margin win, over a late caution on any day.

Someone once said when the green flag drops, the bullsheit stops.
I want more racing (including green flag pit stops) and less bullsheit.

I wonder what the execs at chevy think about all this.... I would say not very happy

Someone spins out in order to get a caution to avoid loosing more laps.
It doesn't matter to me who it helped or hurt, a choice was made to alter the natural course of the race.
It should not be excused and I wish Nascar would have issued a penalty at the moment.

I agree.

However, NASCAR lets it happen all the time. Drivers even say they do it on their radio and NASCAR lets it slide.

NASCAR responds to whatever social media is outraged and do whatever it takes to please the Twitter mob. Because Kyle Larson fans are pissed that caution robbed Larson of a surefire slam dunk guaranteed victory (no), something must be done about it.

I'm sick and tired of social media.

I wonder what the execs at chevy think about all this.... I would say not very happy
I don't think that cars getting a ton of manufacturers support the way it is

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cool. Now do the same to everyone else who does it going forward. Consider it a precedent being set.

Unfortunately, I don't think it'll go down like that. If NASCAR did an actual investigation, telemetry and all, they would've announced a penalty during the week. They announced it the next race weekend after the driver involved admitted guilt. They were forced to react. They can't be trusted to make the right call next time.

Did his best Kyle Busch impression...lol:

Also, Pockgrass is a jackass for asking if he can afford the fine.

Cool. Now do the same to everyone else who does it going forward. Consider it a precedent being set.

Unfortunately, I don't think it'll go down like that. If NASCAR did an actual investigation, telemetry and all, they would've announced a penalty during the week. They announced it the next race weekend after the driver involved admitted guilt. They were forced to react. They can't be trusted to make the right call next time.

This has been a pet peeve of mine in short track racing. This literally happens all the time and nothing gets done. Happens in Cup and nothing gets done. Drivers draw cautions on purpose to help teammates.

NASCAR only ever reacts if there is social media outrage though.

Can’t wait for Harvick or someone to get a flat at Homestead and spin it to stay on the lead lap. Nothing will happen and nobody will say a word.

But thank god we busted Bubba Wallace.

Did his best Kyle Busch impression...lol:

Also, Pockgrass is a jackass for asking if he can afford the fine.

Yeah, kick a guy while he's down.

My stock in Bubba Inc. took a hit this week. Hopefully there's something on the horizon.

Back
Top Bottom