Spin out on purpose?

Where he said, "What are they going to do, penalize me?" pretty much did him in and challenging NASCAR to do something, made them do something.
Quick, someone get Bubba to dare NASCAR to repair and reopen The Rock & North Wilksboro, take away downforce from the cars and add horsepower, add Road Atlanta to the schedule and return to a traditional points system.

Quick, someone get Bubba to dare NASCAR to repair and reopen The Rock & North Wilksboro, take away downforce from the cars and add horsepower, add Road Atlanta to the schedule and return to a traditional points system.

source.gif

Not enough outrage tho.

Can’t wait for Harvick or someone to get a flat at Homestead and spin it to stay on the lead lap. Nothing will happen and nobody will say a word.

But thank god we busted Bubba Wallace.

If it's Harvick, social media will bitch and whine and NASCAR will react.

If it's anyone else, nobody will care.

Yep, NASCAR more upset with the bad optics, than the actual occurrence.

When it's that obvious of an intentional spin and then Dale Jr. immediately confirms your suspicions on a national broadcast, someone probably had a talk with Junior about not saying that type of stuff anymore too.

Fine and penalty might make some driver's think twice about pulling this in the future, or just make them better at hiding and clamming up about it.

I'm not sure how to stop it, but no special treatment and you don't need a confession, I don't think NASCAR is up to the task though, and I don't think NASCAR wants to discourage cautions either.

Nascar throws hundreds of bogus debris cautions to pack the field together over the years, but don't you DAREEEEEEEEEEEEE bring one out for yourself or a teammate. Credibility over 9000.

Didn't M Waltrip close his race shop because of all the pressure from fans that caused NAPA to pull out after Clint Bowyer did the same thing?

Didn't M Waltrip close his race shop because of all the pressure from fans that caused NAPA to pull out after Clint Bowyer did the same thing?
He ran out of other things to sell.

You know ... confidence, self-respect ... stuff like that.

Reactions: sdj
Say what you will about him in the booth but I miss Mikey the owner-huckster. I don't think this century has seen an owner more sponsor-friendly. If you signed an MWR car, you knew you were getting some TV gold.

"I'm at the wrong track!"

The guy who should be the most upset about this is Aric Almirola lol. He had Texas won with Harvick mirred back in traffic before the yellow. Either way, everybody needs to just move on. What a boring chase we’ve had when this is the big news story

The guy who should be the most upset about this is Aric Almirola lol. He had Texas won with Harvick mirred back in traffic before the yellow. Either way, everybody needs to just move on. What a boring chase we’ve had when this is the big news story

Boring chase/playoffs? We've had drivers argue, past champions eliminated, underdogs move-on, and a driver pounded the wall and came back to win the damn race for Pete's sake...

Logano loses a tire and spins out on purpose at Martinsville, no penalty.

Wallace loses a tire and spins out on purpose at Texas and is issued a penalty.

Sanctioning body needs to stay out of judgement calls.
It is NOT a judgement call when the driver is stupid enough to admit
he did it on purpose. That's $50,000 fee for being STUPID.

Boring chase/playoffs? We've had drivers argue, past champions eliminated, underdogs move-on, and a driver pounded the wall and came back to win the damn race for Pete's sake...
And despite all that, we're looking at a championship line-up that's going to be the same as last year's. :rolleyes: Might as well have just gone off total points

Martinsville, Texas, and Richmond were 3 of the most boring races I’ve seen in years. If you want to argue otherwise, please give me the number of your drug dealer

He should have been performing like that months ago.

With his most recent comments I kinda wonder about his mental stability. First his depression, which he said on the DJD he wasn't getting treatment for, now bragging about something like this? Dude get your poop in a group!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You gotta wonder when people self diagnose about mental illness, advocate for it, then doesn't get treatment. Seems a bit attention seeking at times..

Regardless he should be getting treatment if he's experiencing depression.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Many years ago, when Kurt Busch was fairly new to cup, he spun out during a race...I think it was the Coca Cola 400 if I remember correctly. Then, during a post race interview he casually said that he needed a caution so he just spun and brought one out on purpose. He actually said that ON CAMERA right after the race!

Many people including me were incredulous to hear him say that at all, let alone during a post race interview. I don't remember what penalty he got if any.

He should have been performing like that months ago.

And this has, what to do with my point? lol

It’s been a down year for SHR for sure, and Aric has been disappointing. We’ll see what happens next season

I finally got to listen to the interview Bubba did after the race and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the King sits Bubba down and explains a few things to him. My guess is that Chevy helps RPM with cars and they probably are not to exited about his interview. The whole thing came off as he cares about no one except himself. Most teams and manufactures frown on that. If he would have just kept his mouth shut or at least not been so arrogant things would have looked much better for him.

Back
Top Bottom