Sports TV ratings, etc. Random sports talk

Discussion in 'Sports and Entertainment Center' started by ToyYoda, Nov 7, 2017.

1. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

I'm going to the Texans-Titans game on Sunday, based on some of the responses here I guess it's just gonna be me and a couple other guys there.

Skoalbandit33 likes this.
  2. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

It looks like Nissan Stadium packs close to 68K in for each game so you won't have as much room to stretch out like at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Go Marcus, Go Demarco.......................Gooooooo Titans!

ToyYoda likes this.
  3. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Hopefully they won't lose 57-14 this time.

Skoalbandit33 likes this.
  4. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

5. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

I was at the Titans game yesterday, I saw a smattering of empty seats in the middle and upper sections, but the attendance wasn't that bad. The picture in the article looked like it was taken during a kickoff, maybe the 2nd half kickoff when people were still hitting the concession stands and restrooms. I'd say the place was maybe 85-90% full.

6. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

Cool just saying from the games i watched yesterday I saw a lot of empty seats, doesn't make sense really, especially when these games are taking on a lot more importance.

7. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Attendance is down some this year, no question about that.

8. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

mike honcho likes this.
  9. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

Same here in New England, not that I'd want to go to anymore games. I miss too much seeing it live, I'd much rather warch it from the comfort of my couch.

10. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

We keep playing like tonight, tickets will become available.

11. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

It's early

12. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Getting later.

13. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

14. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Looks like they need lessons

16. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

17. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Football ratings can tank another 50% + and this sport will still be on every Sunday. I'll be right there on the couch watching each and every one of them too.

18. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Might be more Bowman Grey type tracks to run the modifieds on. It's all good

19. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

20. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

Yeh me too

21. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

NFL must fix way it handles head trauma before some player pays ultimate price
    Does someone have to die on the field before the NFL acknowledges that its concussion protocol is ineffective? That all its talk about “player safety” amounts to little more than lip service?

Because that’s where we’re headed.

Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage was allowed to return to the game Sunday despite a blow to the head that left him in such distress some who saw video of the play mistook his writhing for a seizure. At the foot of an official, no less.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-before-player-pays-ultimate-price/939142001/

FLRacingFan likes this.
  23. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

24. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Huge fail for concussion protocol. He shouldn’t been allowed anywhere near the field.

25. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

The NFL is letting a lot of chickenshit cheap shots fly this year. Not just head-to-head stuff, but in general.

Not to mention, the NFL has favorites, and it's those favorites that are often the worst about cheap shots.