Sports TV ratings, etc. Random sports talk

I'm going to the Texans-Titans game on Sunday, based on some of the responses here I guess it's just gonna be me and a couple other guys there.

It looks like Nissan Stadium packs close to 68K in for each game so you won't have as much room to stretch out like at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Go Marcus, Go Demarco.......................Gooooooo Titans!

I was at the Titans game yesterday, I saw a smattering of empty seats in the middle and upper sections, but the attendance wasn't that bad. I'd say the place was maybe 85-90% full.
Cool just saying from the games i watched yesterday I saw a lot of empty seats, doesn't make sense really, especially when these games are taking on a lot more importance.

Cool just saying from the games i watched yesterday I saw a lot of empty seats, doesn't make sense really, especially when these games are taking on a lot more importance.
Attendance is down some this year, no question about that.

I wish Pittsburgh had this kind of problem so I could pick up some cheap seats. Tickets are handed down to the next generation round these parts. It's a tough ticket to be had unless you want to pay far above face value @ Heinz Field. That is, unless the Pittsburgh Panthers are playing there.
Same here in New England, not that I'd want to go to anymore games. I miss too much seeing it live, I'd much rather warch it from the comfort of my couch.

Football ratings can tank another 50% + and this sport will still be on every Sunday. I'll be right there on the couch watching each and every one of them too.

NFL must fix way it handles head trauma before some player pays ultimate price
Does someone have to die on the field before the NFL acknowledges that its concussion protocol is ineffective? That all its talk about “player safety” amounts to little more than lip service?

Because that’s where we’re headed.

Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage was allowed to return to the game Sunday despite a blow to the head that left him in such distress some who saw video of the play mistook his writhing for a seizure. At the foot of an official, no less.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-before-player-pays-ultimate-price/939142001/

Does someone have to die on the field before the NFL acknowledges that its concussion protocol is ineffective? That all its talk about “player safety” amounts to little more than lip service?

Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage was allowed to return to the game Sunday despite a blow to the head that left him in such distress some who saw video of the play mistook his writhing for a seizure. At the foot of an official, no less.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-before-player-pays-ultimate-price/939142001/
Huge fail for concussion protocol. He shouldn’t been allowed anywhere near the field.

The NFL is letting a lot of chicken**** cheap shots fly this year. Not just head-to-head stuff, but in general.

Not to mention, the NFL has favorites, and it's those favorites that are often the worst about cheap shots.

I'd love for NASCAR to try and compete with Thursday night football. Now is a great time to try it out too since the thursday night games seem to be losing market share. Then NASCAR could run Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night weekends, or just Thursday and Saturday nights.

I'd love for NASCAR to try and compete with Thursday night football. Now is a great time to try it out too since the thursday night games seem to be losing market share. Then NASCAR could run Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night weekends, or just Thursday and Saturday nights.

The NFL is shooting themselves in the foot with too much of a good thing as between TNF, Sunday afternoon and night plus MNF, plus bye weeks where 2-4 teams don't play and then games from London.......it dilutes the product and good match ups in prime time. I don't think it would hurt Nascar to try a midweek race but I think it would be ill advised to deliberately go head to head with the NFL. The only potential issue I see with a midweek race is even lower attendance than you see at some tracks.

I'm like number 58,000 or something on the Packers season ticket waiting list, so yeah I've got that going for me.

doesn't work at the other end

Meanwhile, the Carolina Panthers announced that this weekend’s game against the Green Bay Packers at Bank of America Stadium was a sell out. While those seats may have all been paid for, there were plenty of empty seats filling Twitter. At least the Panthers won in a 31-24 final.

Kneeling hurting Chicken wing and Pizza sales Bawk
The Seattle Seahawks again led the league in national anthem protesters. Close behind the Seahawks in national anthem protesting – but not wins – are the San Francisco 49ers.
Following on the heels of earlier complaints by Papa John’s pizza that the NFL protests were hurting sales comes Sanderson Farms, one of the country’s biggest poultry producers. This week, the NFL was blamed for a slump in chicken wing sales by their chief company executive.

Joe F. Sanderson Jr., the CEO, said after an earnings call that his vendors think chicken wings consumption is down because of the NFL anthem protests. The company’s shares fell 13 percent on that news.

The Seattle Seahawks again led the league in national anthem protesters. Close behind the Seahawks in national anthem protesting – but not wins – are the San Francisco 49ers.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/nfl-ant...chicken-raises-the-leagues-stakes-1202228816/

Back
Top Bottom