Stewart-Haas Racing

I'd like to see Penske bring Chase Briscoe to the 2 and Noah Gragson to the 21. It seems as if all the insiders assume Burton's run in the 21 will end this fall, but I also believe the 2 car is in dire need of an upgrade.
100% like this post. I'd love to see what Chase could do in the 2, its apparent Spindric isnt the guy for the job.

I wonder if any of the other teams will purchase the haulers. They are by far the nicest haulers on the tour. In January SHR purchased 4 brand new 2024 Peterbilt 389s fitted with ARI Legacy custom 97’’ walk-in sleepers with showers. SHR has always had top of the line haulers.

If Trackhouse is buying one (for SVG, presumably), that would seem to eliminate a TH / Kaulig merger.

I don't see Kaulig, Ware, Spire, or JTGD buying the fourth one, or Penske sneaking it in with the Woods, but what do I know?

Who's left, Childress bringing Ty back?

I'd like to see Penske bring Chase Briscoe to the 2 and Noah Gragson to the 21. It seems as if all the insiders assume Burton's run in the 21 will end this fall, but I also believe the 2 car is in dire need of an upgrade.
If Tim Cindric’s job is truly in jeopardy, Austin Cindric could be a gone guy.

But who knows. Winning the Daytona 500 gets you a long ass grace period. Look at how much winning the Daytona 500 prolonged the careers of Derrike Cope and Michael Waltrip

If Trackhouse is buying one (for SVG, presumably), that would seem to eliminate a TH / Kaulig merger.

I don't see Kaulig, Ware, Spire, or JTGD buying the fourth one, or Penske sneaking it in with the Woods, but what do I know?

I think Childress needs to get Josh Berry and Rodney Childers and put Josh in the 8 car.

Kaulig said last week they weren't going anywhere when that rumor was flying.

We should thank the proposed '3 charter limit' for making the speculation so entertaining. If it wasn't for that, one of the existing three-charter teams would be in the discussion, or one of the three probable buyers might make a play for two of them. Now we can milk this discussion for weeks.

Pretty sure there were plenty here saying the same thing about absentee owners at SHR. It was pretty obvious especially since Stewart was at the drag strip almost every weekend for the last couple of years and the other was spending his time in F-1.

Me bad, I meant Gene. Carl passed away years ago. Back in the 1970's and early '80's I was an engineer specializing in power automation and Gene had a machine shop in the central valley. I represented Kearney and Trecker... nothing that Carl would have to do with. I am old and mix things up sometimes.
If you know Gene, ask him what is going on with the proposed Haas Automation factory in Henderson, Nevada!! Does he still seriously intend to build it?

As for SHR shutting down...can't say I'm surprised, but I still had a 😳 moment when I saw it confirmed today.

Pretty sure there were plenty here saying the same thing about absentee owners at SHR. It was pretty obvious especially since Stewart was at the drag strip almost every weekend for the last couple of years and the other was spending his time in F-1.
We were saying it, and took a lot of crap for doing so.

Was just wondering how different things might be had they ended up signing Larson. Would it have been enough to save this, and if not that would make this an even crazier story

Was just wondering how different things might be had they ended up signing Larson. Would it have been enough to save this, and if not that would make this an even crazier story
I’ve seen this theory bandied about here, but wasn’t it the worst kept secret even before he got the year off in 2020, that he was leaving CGR and Hendrick (the 48) was the preferred destination?

Well Harvick seemed to say that he thought that he and Childers kept the whole outfit going. So who knows what could happen if Larson was on board. It could be anything from a Ganassi like run to a Larson reign of terror.

Sad to see this happen as I'm a big fan of the drivers and people they have over there, but like they were saying on DBC this week those people will have no problem finding a job. The industry is so hard up for people right now that people are getting jobs with top teams with very little experience.

For what it costs to run a competitive car and what you get for pay outs you can't really make it work without a ton of sponsorship. It's a lot easier to make money in cup than Xfinity. Why do you think Penske, 23XI, RFK, Trackhouse, and HMS (except for some one offs) don't have teams in that series.
HMS runs part time, and JRM 's 4 sometimes 5 car team is affiliated with them. BTW the Xfinity series has mostly independent stand alone teams. Many including yourself mix up the difference. There are a few teams that also have cup teams like Childress, Gibbs, Kaullig, and Stewart Haas, but the rest are independent stand alone teams.

Probably why next year they will have an exclusive TV coverage ya think?

BTW there are usually more entries in Xfinity than in Cup for the races. If they were doing so badly as you say, you would think the numbers would be down....but they are the opposite.

HMS runs part time, and JRM 's 4 sometimes 5 car team is affiliated with them. BTW the Xfinity series has mostly independent stand alone teams. Many including yourself mix up the difference. There are a few teams that also have cup teams like Childress, Gibbs, Kaullig, and Stewart Haas, but the rest are independent stand alone teams.

Probably why next year they will have an exclusive TV coverage ya think?

BTW there are usually more entries in Xfinity than in Cup for the races. If they were doing so badly as you say, you would think the numbers would be down....but they are the opposite.
There's more teams independent teams in that series, but like I said how many are competitive? If you want to run competitive the model doesn't work unless you pull huge sponsorship dollars like a JRM does, or are supported by the OEM like Gibbs.

There's more teams independent teams in that series, but like I said how many are competitive? If you want to run competitive the model doesn't work unless you pull huge sponsorship dollars like a JRM does, or are supported by the OEM like Gibbs.
If it is so bad as you say, so uneconomical, how come there are smaller teams that have been running in the series for years?

Back
Top Bottom