Stewart-Haas Racing

Little satire, not meant to offend anybody.

1717002891947.png

If you know Gene, ask him what is going on with the proposed Haas Automation factory in Henderson, Nevada!! Does he still seriously intend to build it?

As for SHR shutting down...can't say I'm surprised, but I still had a 😳 moment when I saw it confirmed today.
Have not talked to Gene in ten years since I retired. When I did, all he wanted to talk about was open wheel stuff. The Thursday before the Fontana race back in '98 Gene was at the NASCAR open house held at the Vermeer dealership across from the entrance on 4th street in Fontana, there was a Formula car there and he was slathering over that instead of the NASCAR people. Open wheel is his first love, that is it. As far as the factory in Henderson, do not know. But do know that the water situation from a couple of years ago has people nervous about building anywhere close to the Colorado River. Granted the last year reversed some of the conditions, but they might be back in the future. Those manufacturing plants require Non mitigatable resources, that river is mitigatable.

A different take:

If Haas and Stewart have lost interest in the Cup series, closing the doors is probably best in the long term.
Much better than a slow death by a thousand cuts that would just see the operation die a much slower death.
SHR can go out with at least having been strong for most the years that they existed. Charters are valuable some new deals will be put together.

There will be some left on the outside who will suffer a setback (e.g., job loss), but there will also be some new opportunities coming from whoever buys up the charters. It should be in a better position than the previous one that was closing its doors.

A different take:

If Haas and Stewart have lost interest in the Cup series, closing the doors is probably best in the long term.
Much better than a slow death by a thousand cuts that would just see the operation die a much slower death.
SHR can go out with at least having been strong for most the years that they existed. Charters are valuable some new deals will be put together.

There will be some left on the outside who will suffer a setback (e.g., job loss), but there will also be some new opportunities coming from whoever buys up the charters. It should be in a better position than the previous one that was closing its doors.
Well said. Their performance recently sure validates that. Better to get out when the getting out is good.

A different take:

I certainly don't hold it against them if they want to get out. One, it's their right, and two, I don't think ANYONE is served by owners that aren't fully committed to the program. Better to give it up and let someone else have a crack at it.
My only criticism is I think this could have been handled a bit better. I'm sorry, but I don't buy that the decision to sell JUST came up. I think that both Gene and Tony had this in the back of their minds for some time, which makes that B.S. PR campaign Tony rolled out at the start of the season seem cringeworthy now ( not that it wasn't then, but for a different reason) and hiring two new drivers when you know you might well be on the way out sucks for everybody involved.

So far all of the teams who bought a charter don't have an Xfinity program so as it stands we are losing 2 cars in the Xfinity series.
Brad has expressed interest in getting RFK back into the series. But Ford will probably have to step up their commitment a bit to help them get back in at that level…and I’m not sure they’ve shown they’re willing to do that in recent times.

Brad has expressed interest in getting RFK back into the series. But Ford will probably have to step up their commitment a bit to help them get back in at that level…and I’m not sure they’ve shown they’re willing to do that in recent times.
FRM races a Truck now. I was wondering with more support from Ford they might race some cars in Xfinity. Silly season is going ot be interesting this year.

I think one of the big reasons was according to Kevin on his podcast Ford had no interest in resigning with SHR, so a lot of money was gone for next year

A different take:

They could have stepped aside and just hired proper management instead of friends. For cash, sell 2 teams/charters and keep 2 teams..
They already had Harvick and his CC that could have acted as proper management.

Ford already gave Brad the shaft.

They could have stepped aside and just hired proper management instead of friends. For cash, sell 2 teams/charters and keep 2 teams..
That's making a big assumption that Kevin would be willing to do that. He's got a lot on his plate already. Lets not forget he already was a team owner and got out of it so he could spend more time with his family.

That's making a big assumption that Kevin would be willing to do that. He's got a lot on his plate already. Lets not forget he already was a team owner and got out of it so he could spend more time with his family.
and he already has management in place in other businesses

They did step aside.

Back
Top Bottom