Stirring the pot

Nothings wrong with it, as long as they dont help them get in with doing less work then other people in that field.

Exactly.

Ever work with that guy who's daddy owned the company? Never did squat to get where he was, floated through his day, collected his paycheck and people kissed his ass? I have, and I never liked that guy.

Equate that to Jr and you have my opinion on him. :)

Well I kinda agree about that. If it was a spot for a job, and a relative of the BOSS got picked for a job because he is related, than a person who is better qualified for the job....YES that is wrong! That is how I feel about this Jr thing. He didnt do it on his own...that is a TOTAL GIVEN! Daddy GOT him into WC, and he's riding on DADDYS name!

I said I was done.......I lied.:)

I'm hearing Jr got in NASCAR at the expense of other drivers that may be better qualified than he. How is that true? I believe Dale Earnhardt took his own money and started a Busch team with the express purpose of giving that ride to his son. He got the sponsors on board (mostly due to his name) and ran a pretty decent team by winning two back to back Championships in that series. In other words, Jr "proved" he could do it. When Jr moved up to Winston Cup Dale Earnhardt moved the whole operation too......the team was successful in Busch so moving the team makes sense to me. Still no driver better qualified had been by passed in order of Jr to maintain his ride. Budweiser seems satisfied.....don't hear them clamoring for a better qualified driver. I'm not saying that there are not better qualified drivers out there that could do better than Jr........but what does that have to do with anything? Jr is where he is because of his father, but I fail to see the relevance of "he doesn't deserve" to be where he is. Someone stated he "only" has 7 wins in four years..........there are lot of drivers out there with a lot less than that and more than four years.:)

I'm a Jr fan. I became a Jr fan because of his father. Will Jr be one of the best drivers in Winston Cup? I have no idea........time will tell. Does he have to be one of the best for me to be a fan of his? Nope........I've cheered for mid-packers and worse in the past.:)

Like I said........it's easy to stir a pot. Just hint at the name Earnhardt.:D

How many of those 7 wins are restrictor plate wins. Look at how jr dominates bush races now, he does it easily because he has the best car. Seems to me could have been the same way when he won those championships. Just another theory though...

There sure are a lot of other drivers out there with less wins, and I've stated many times they should hit the road.

Of course Bud is happy, Jr doesn't need to win a race to be on camera 65% of the time during a telecast.

So your saying that anyone could hop in Jr's car and win a race? Your outta your mind...

Originally posted by smack500
How many of those 7 wins are restritor plate wins. Look at how jr dominates bush races now, he does it easily because he has the best car. Seems to me could have been the same way when he won those championships. Just another theory though...

Discount the restrictor plate wins (don't want to argue that stuff).:) Jr dominates Busch races because he has the best car. What that is saying is he has the best team. A team wins races. The driver gets the credit........like a quarterback gets the credit in football or the pitcher in baseball. You just stated my case for me.:D

Originally posted by bud_stud
So your saying that anyone could hop in Jr's car and win a race?  Your outta your mind...

put allmost any one that has raced there whole life and won a bunch of races (in a smaller leage that no one care about) and they might beable to do good with. same with the #24 car. :)

So your saying that anyone could hop in Jr's car and win a race?  Your outta your mind...

Nobody said everyone was better, I just said theres alot of other drivers out there that has the same amount or more skill then jr, if you put them in his car. They could do alot better then they do now.

Originally posted by smack500
Nobody said everyone was better, I just said theres alot of other drivers out there that has the same amount or more skill then jr, if you put them in his car. They could do alot better then they do now.

So Jr is supposed to hop out of the car and let one of those other drivers race? Yeah, I guess that would be most fair thing to do.:rolleyes:

Bud stud..........he's an Earnhardt. Nothing Earnhardt is good.

Someone started a thread about Jr. Why do Earnhardt fans get so upset when they hear opinions they don't like? Are people not allowed to dislike him, are people not allowed to post about their dislike?

You can always choose to not read threads that offend you.

It doesn't offend me, I just dont see why its always Jr.... JR JR JR! Damn, I mean try someone else for a change..

I see many threads going right now about other drivers, what are you talking about?

Now you know how we feel when we're trying to watch a race and all we see is Jr. :)

Put any other driver in Gibbs' 20 car and it'll still be the Home Depot Pontiac..... errrr I mean Chevrolet.

Just a small attempt at humor.

I was just about to post that...if you put anyone in that car with that team they would perform well too. Is that an insult to Stewart? Not at all.

one of favorite quotes is "it aint what u know, its who u know" u can play the "what-if" game all day but u'll never know how things will really turn out. I think dale jr would not be racing if he did not 1 love racing & 2 have something to prove its to dangerous. ricky hendrick would have gotten top-notch cars also but was not in his heart

Ok i have to weigh in on this one. I think when it comes down to Jr. it is all about maturity. Dale jr maturing as a race car driver and person would be a good thing for Nascar. It would also seem that if he did this he would be a legitimate contender for a title. As for the plate races...so what....DEI has the best plate program is that taking away from Jrs ability? I don't think so. I'm not a huge fan of his , but he does add a lot of color to Nascar...meaning humor, he is a character. Yeh if it wasn't for his name he might not of been racing where he is, but that is puer speculation. Bottom line JR sells, sells beer , sells after shave.....sells Nascar. If you people think that he does not have the ability why don't you ask his fellow racers about that....i don't hear any of them complaining.

Good drivers don't complain about other good drivers, but they do complain about bad drivers. The point i was trying to make is that the other drivers respect him not because of his name, but because of his ability. How did he win 2 Busch Championships, did the car drive it self by remote control....lol:p No he had input to make it better , input to his crew, in put to crew chief and input all around . Maybe he didn't pay his dues like some guys, but does that make him less a driver than anyone else after he has proven he can drive (Busch series) or does that mean he is just lucking into a few wins? No in my opinion he has the ability to become a champion....if and this is ahuge if......he matures.

Let me ask a question, why Jr all the time?

You pick certain drivers, then you need to take what people say about them. Jr just happens to be taked about alot so just deal with it.:D

I really think Jr would prove himself to everybody if it seemed like he was focused on racing and not MTV or anything else.

To answer the question.Jr would be showing Steve Park how to clean a stall.:D

I think Jr will "prove" himself in spite of MTV.:) But, even if he doesn't, I still see no reason for any fan to apologize (or have to hear "guilty conscious" comments directed at them).:D

Oh,And the next time someone calls Mark Midget racer,I get them at recess.;) :)

Maybe its just me, but I think he needs to stop doing other things and focus mainly on WC.

I guess it must be good to know that you will have a ride no matter what happens...

Originally posted by 66mustang
Maybe its just me, but I think he needs to stop doing other things and focus mainly on WC.  

I guess it must be good to know that you will have a ride no matter what happens...

Who says he has a lifetime contract? I'm sure he can drive for DEI as long as Teresa owns the team. But if there's no sponsor for the team, DEI can only last so long without bankrupting. This is an endless argument.........completely unfounded assumptions taken by people who just don't like the Earnhardt name. But like Mopar said.......it's good for NASCAR, sponsors and fans.

Guess I'm done this time.......maybe I'll pick it back up in 10 years when there might or might not be some basis for many of these statements. Most are ridiculous.:)

Back
Top Bottom