Suspension Lifted for Kurt Busch - Chase Waiver Granted

jeeze how quickly things change...I think @Allenbaba had it right..maybe NASCAR really did know about this drama with Driscoll and were angry so they lifted the suspension quickly....we will likely never knw.

Ten days ago this place was full of people who said Kurt was finished and Generous Motors would never let his cheeks hit the seat of one their decal mobiles.

jeeze how quickly things change...I think @Allenbaba had it right..maybe NASCAR really did know about this drama with Driscoll and were angry so they lifted the suspension quickly....we will likely never knw.

And just think. If this had happened in your hometown Kurt would be holed up in Labrador.

OK, enough of the legalities.

Who's putting Kurt on their fantasy team this week ?
My fantasy league sorts drivers into five tiers each week based on -current- points. Since Kurt has no points, he'll be in the bottom group. Stewart and Gordon are also in that group. Because he's three races behind, Kurt may be in the bottom for a while after Jeff moves up. I'm gonna stay on Jeff until he moves up, then I'll switch to Kurt in the basement.

Patricia Driscoll statement regarding Kurt Busch NASCAR reinstatement -->

"Even though Kurt remains on indefinite probation under this decision, I’m deeply concerned about the message NASCAR is sending by letting him compete for the championship after he was found by a judge to have committed an act of domestic violence. But I am gratified, at least, that NASCAR’s decision comes with the mandatory condition that he follow through on the treatment he so clearly needs. My work with the Armed Forces Foundation on veteran treatment courts has made me a strong believer in the rehabilitation process. But it has also taught me that rehabilitation takes time and can only come after you’ve taken full responsibility for your actions. Though this continues to be a difficult time for me, I remain committed to standing up for my integrity and seeking full justice."

"Even though Kurt remains on indefinite probation under this decision, I’m deeply concerned about the message NASCAR is sending by letting him compete for the championship after he was found by a judge to have committed an act of domestic violence. But I am gratified, at least, that NASCAR’s decision comes with the mandatory condition that he follow through on the treatment he so clearly needs. My work with the Armed Forces Foundation on veteran treatment courts has made me a strong believer in the rehabilitation process. But it has also taught me that rehabilitation takes time and can only come after you’ve taken full responsibility for your actions. Though this continues to be a difficult time for me, I remain committed to standing up for my integrity and seeking full justice."
Unusual. One rarely receives public statements from undercover assassins.

What will NASCAR do if she tries to continually drag them through the mud? Is a law suit possible?

Unusual. One rarely receives public statements from undercover assassins.
she has been outed. And that flim flam Armed Forces Foundation rip off crap is B.S. too
From the Better Business Bureau:

Charity Review

• Issued: May 2013
  • Expires: May 2015
Armed Forces Foundation
Standards Not Met
202-547-4713

16 North Carolina Avenue SE
Washington, DC 20003

http://www.armedforcesfoundation.org - See more at: http://www.give.org/charity-reviews...on-in-washington-dc-6745#sthash.3pIBMRPn.dpuf

http://www.give.org/charity-reviews...armed-forces-foundation-in-washington-dc-6745

Good ole' Kurt..always making some kind of news.I'm surprised that NASCAR handled that so quick,glad though.Now one less thing to keep track of...lol

Ten days ago this place was full of people who said Kurt was finished and Generous Motors would never let his cheeks hit the seat of one their decal mobiles.
I'm just gonna leave this here for ol' @SmokeFan. :p

Do people really think he will never race in NASCAR again? He'll be back by seasons end.

No he won't. Even if (and it is unlikely given his past history) Nascar lifts the suspension, who is going to hire him? No team that is associated with Chevy, that's for sure. They aren't going to lose Chevy over some hothead.

Chevy throwing one team off their roster is nothing. One team losing Chevy is a big deal, however. No Chevy support, no cars. No cars, no need for a driver.

Now let's see what Chevy has to say.
Good point. Chevy VP Rick Campbell was pretty tough on Kurt when all this went down. I think he still needs to give a head nod to Kurt to race the Chevy brand again.

s
From the Better Business Bureau:

Charity Review

• Issued: May 2013
  • Expires: May 2015
Armed Forces Foundation
Standards Not Met
See more at:
http://www.give.org/charity-reviews...armed-forces-foundation-in-washington-dc-6745
Well, I'm not defending her, but the unmet standards cited are all administrative things. Their financial behavior is favorably reviewed, and I notice the BBB said on the Fund Raising portion of the review,

"Fund raising costs were 3% of related contributions. (Related contributions, which totaled $8,917,174, are donations received as a result of fund raising activities.)"

3% fund raising costs are pretty low. Some of those law enforcement / firefighting 'charities' that call your phone have fund raising costs over 90%; almost nothing goes to the first responders. I think there are more effective, longer established veterans charities that are more deserving of donations and she won't be seeing a dime of mine, but she's not pocketing near as much as I expected.

yeah I hear ya Charlie, but how can you tell if that info is right if their are no public reports
Standard 16 - Annual Report
Have an annual report available to all, on request, that includes: (a) the organization's mission statement, (b) a summary of the past year's program service accomplishments, (c) a roster of the officers and members of the board of directors, (d) financial information that includes (i) total income in the past fiscal year, (ii) expenses in the same program, fund raising and administrative categories as in the financial statements, and (iii) ending net assets. - See more at: http://www.give.org/charity-reviews...on-in-washington-dc-6745#sthash.MH68Eztg.dpuf

Well, I'm not defending her, but the unmet standards cited are all administrative things. Their financial behavior is favorably reviewed, and I notice the BBB said on the Fund Raising portion of the review,

"Fund raising costs were 3% of related contributions. (Related contributions, which totaled $8,917,174, are donations received as a result of fund raising activities.)"

3% fund raising costs are pretty low. Some of those law enforcement / firefighting 'charities' that call your phone have fund raising costs over 90%; almost nothing goes to the first responders. I think there are more effective, longer established veterans charities that are more deserving of donations and she won't be seeing a dime of mine, but she's not pocketing near as much as I expected.

I agree , that is extremely low . I think the norm would be at 20-30% . I'd love to see some of those high profile sports star's funds .

I guess many of you will look at it that way. Personally I don't think NASCAR had a choice but to suspend him initially after the original findings were announced. Letting him race would have been PR suicide like we've witnessed in other major sports. NASCAR made the right decision then and they have now made the right decision again after the most recent findings were announced. JMO

I don't disagree with that. But with no charges coming down, they had to reinstate him quickly. The longer they waited, the worse it would make them look.

They just opened a whole new can of worms. Watch and see what happens when the next suspended driver is declared Chase-ineligible.

They just opened a whole new can of worms. Watch and see what happens when the next suspended driver is declared Chase-ineligible.

I've always been a big Nascar fan and backed their right to manage their business 100% ., but honestly ,I don't think it would bother them at all to change their policy for every case . That concerns me.

I've always been a big Nascar fan and backed their right to manage their business 100% ., but honestly ,I don't think it would bother them at all to change their policy for every case . That concerns me.
The old joke was that the NASCAR rule book is written on the sands of Daytona Beach, and rewritten after every high tide. Nowadays they've gone high tech and the rules are on an Etch-A-Sketch.

I think it will depend on why they were suspended in the first place, or if their suspension even had merit.

You have to remember the suspension hurt not only Kurt, but his team and sponsor who happens to be his owner. Haas was non too happy with Nascar and rightly so. Nascar knew they screwed up and now are trying to make a mends.

The old joke was that the NASCAR rule book is written on the sands of Daytona Beach, and rewritten after every high tide. Nowadays they've gone high tech and the rules are on an Etch-A-Sketch.

Your post on grains of sand reminded me of this.....

upload_2015-3-11_17-2-28.jpeg

Not criticizing the decision to give Kurt a wavier here.

But, what's the point of the rule at all if everybody (Tony, Kurt, injured people last year) are all going to be granted a wavier?

What will NASCAR do if she tries to continually drag them through the mud? Is a law suit possible?

I am not sure what Patty can do as criminal charges will not be filed. I suppose she could do the talk show circuit or land on some tawdry reality program but I suspect she will go back to being a nobody post haste.

I think the bigger can of worms was opened with Vickers as anytime you are sick or your girl friend is going to have a kid you take time off. I see this case of trying to right a grievous legal and moral error.

Back
Top Bottom