Suspension Lifted for Kurt Busch - Chase Waiver Granted

A
Oh my .......................... looks like this one went to hell quick

At least no one is talking about the dame in the puke green stock car. I am just glad Kurt is back and hopefully Kyle can make it back by the second half.

Kurt has been let in with practically no lingering penalty. Cracking the top 30 is pretty damn easy.

Really, Danica and Stenhouse could've taken a NASCAR approved three week cruise and still been in the top 30. Consider that.

Kurt has been let in with practically no lingering penalty. Cracking the top 30 is pretty damn easy.

Really, Danica and Stenhouse could've taken a NASCAR approved three week cruise and still been in the top 30. Consider that.

Maybe he will wall the bully and win Phoenix, sure would make my weekend

I'm still in the undecided camp about allowing Kurt into the Chase if he wins. But, it's NASCAR's decision, not mine.
I'm undecided about allowing suspended drivers into the Chase, regardless of who they are. But I guess other sports don't bar suspended players during the regular season from subsequently participating in playoffs.

Seems to me that baseball always added a few stars to the all star game when they were overlooked in the fan vote. This is no different.

I'm undecided about allowing suspended drivers into the Chase, regardless of who they are. But I guess other sports don't bar suspended players during the regular season from subsequently participating in playoffs.

When a Nascar driver is suspended his team can still participate just like in the NFL when a player is suspended.

Getting into the chase today doesn't count for much , not like being in the final group at Homestead .

Getting into the chase gets you the opportunity to achieve something where an all star game is one and done and forgotten.

I'm still in the undecided camp about allowing Kurt into the Chase if he wins. But, it's NASCAR's decision, not mine.

I had to delete the previous post, needed more coffee. I don't think a few missed starts is a big deal. So it's ok by me. He still has to win a race and stay in the top 30. The points missed in those races doesn't mean anything anymore.

I had to delete the previous post, needed more coffee. I don't think a few missed starts is a big deal. So it's ok by me.

I think a few missed starts is a huge deal but not in the case of Kurt as he did nothing to deserve the suspension.

Getting into the chase gets you the opportunity to achieve something where an all star game is one and done and forgotten.

Given the fact that nobody cares anymore about season long points , I'd prefer to see all the drivers that I like in the chase .It would just be more fun.

Given the fact that nobody cares anymore about season long points , I'd prefer to see all the drivers that I like in the chase .It would just be more fun.

I would not have a problem letting 25-30 cars in the chase or requiring a win to get in. I am easy to please.

I think Kurt should be required to wear a big red AGB (alleged Girlfriend beater) instead of his sponsors on the front and back of his fire suit. Driscoll should have TA(trained assasin) on the front and back of her clothes whenever she is within 1000 feet of a Nascar facility. This should be included in Nascar's "road to recovery" program.

They let Kyle remain part of the Chase in 2012 when he was suspended for pushing Ron Hornaday head first into the wall under caution.

I had to delete the previous post, needed more coffee. I don't think a few missed starts is a big deal. So it's ok by me. He still has to win a race and stay in the top 30. The points missed in those races doesn't mean anything anymore.
Yes.. look at Denny last year. I forget how many he missed but in the past, that might have had an impact. I also know that they said they would have done a waiver for Tony if he had won a race too.

Reactions: Pat
They let Kyle remain part of the Chase in 2012 when he was suspended for pushing Ron Hornaday head first into the wall under caution.
True. I'd forgotten about that. "That" being the Chase; I haven't forgotten about him nailing my favorite Trucker.

I think Kurt should be required to wear a big red AGB (alleged Girlfriend beater) instead of his sponsors on the front and back of his fire suit. Driscoll should have TA(trained assasin) on the front and back of her clothes whenever she is within 1000 feet of a Nascar facility. This should be included in Nascar's "road to recovery" program.
The key word here is 'Alleged'. Nothing's been proven in court.

I wonder now that he's gone head first into a wall, if that's going to be a bigger deterrent to him ever doing that again.

There has been an uproar here due to the fact that Daytona did not have a safer barrier to protect Kyle. Driver safety seems paramount to some but I get the feeling that a driver intentionally wrecking another driver doesn't count as a safety hazard. IMO if Nascar wants to be more like stick and ball sports they should issue ejections and suspension for cheap shots.

Reactions: Lin
There has been an uproar here due to the fact that Daytona did not have a safer barrier to protect Kyle. Driver safety seems paramount to some but I get the feeling that a driver intentionally wrecking another driver doesn't count as a safety hazard. IMO if Nascar wants to be more like stick and ball sports they should issue ejections and suspension for cheap shots.
Well they did suspend Kyle for the Texas incident with Ron but there have been other acts of intentionally wrecking another driver, and nothing was ever done about those.

Was that during the week of "boys have at it"? or the stay in your car no matter what month. Ya never know these days.

A lot of folks on here claim to know intent when they see it . In fact they can often tell just by the car number.

Kurt is likely gonna be on a mission this weekend. Wish I woulda picked him in the pick em.

Back
Top Bottom