Team Exxxtreme is back (supposedly)

Because he struts around like he invented the damn sport. The sport definitely needs people to write checks, and their opinion is important to a POINT, but ultimately, why should we assume he knows ANYTHING about being a successful race team owner? His first attempt was an abject disaster, and he's just the second guy to be a minority owner at Ganassi, which nice of a team as it is, has still never sent a driver to Homestead with a chance to win a title.
The reason Rob can write million dollar checks is because he is a very smart business man. That is something you can't say about most people. I think I would rather read his opinion than the many posted here.

The reason Rob can write million dollar checks is because he is a very smart business man. That is something you can't say about most people. I think I would rather read his opinion than the many posted here.
...and I know of people that wrote million dollar checks and ended up in prison. No respect for his opinion from my camp.

Being a successful investor is not quite the same thing as being a successful businessman, not saying RK isn't both, I only know about MWR and RK Motors, pretty small sample to draw much of a conclusion. I'm not saying his opinion isn't as good as opinions here, although I'll bet my historical perspective of the sport is more comprehensive than his. What I'm saying is, if there is a message to be sent, he is REAL FAR down the list of people I'm interested in hearing from. I want to know what Roger Penske thinks. He was winning races AND running successful businesses before I was BORN. He also has the perspective of having been a central figure in the USAC/CART split, and the CART/IRL split and reunification. That is all far more relevant to me than Rob Kauffman worrying about his return on investment AND he's wise enough to not make dumbass comments on twitter.

Being a successful investor is not quite the same thing as being a successful businessman, not saying RK isn't both, I only know about MWR and RK Motors, pretty small sample to draw much of a conclusion. I'm not saying his opinion isn't as good as opinions here, although I'll bet my historical perspective of the sport is more comprehensive than his. What I'm saying is, if there is a message to be sent, he is REAL FAR down the list of people I'm interested in hearing from. I want to know what Roger Penske thinks. He was winning races AND running successful businesses before I was BORN. He also has the perspective of having been a central figure in the USAC/CART split, and the CART/IRL split and reunification. That is all far more relevant to me than Rob Kauffman worrying about his return on investment AND he's wise enough to not make dumbass comments on twitter.
:p My point is Bob is looking after Bob. It's what the rich do.

Back
Top Bottom