Team Tactics?

I think if you’re making changes in your life because of something you saw on TV in Virginia from your couch then you may want to take a break from the TV for a while.

We have always been told we should support the sponsors that support our drivers. I don't see anything wrong with NOT supporting a company that supports a driver we don't like. Not saying I do it, but I can see why others might.

We have always been told we should support the sponsors that support our drivers. I don't see anything wrong with NOT supporting a company that supports a driver we don't like. Not saying I do it, but I can see why others might.
Uh, ok.
I’m not going to eat M&Ms for any reason.

The hate for KTB runs deeper than the love for the chosen one
So awesome.

The way he looked up before saying it sure made it seem like some a-hole threw something over the fence. Couple that with in idiot fan going after Hamlin on pit road and we have a recipe for fan restrictions of some sort in NASCAR's future. Martinsville's long standing tradition of victory lane celebrations being held at the start/finish line could be a thing of the past because of idiots like these. That would be a shame as that can be a pretty cool experience that you normally don't get a chance to take part in as an attending fan.

We freaking send fans through the x-ray machines at baseball games, and let people bring their own coolers to NASCAR events. This isn't difficult. Having said that, if we are going to finally go after a**holes, I would like to find that son of a bitch at Fontana who held his finger six inches from Kyle's face two years ago. Kyle didn't flinch, but in some way, I thought that was worse that throwing a beer can at him. It has always been my hope that the bull**** I see here about Kyle doesn't manifest itself in terms of assault. Probably hoping for too much. I have a couple of drivers who are not my favorites, but I have never even so much as booed one of them much less thrown something at them or flipped them off. They are sons, dads, and brothers. Get a ****** grip.

We freaking send fans through the x-ray machines at baseball games, and let people bring their own coolers to NASCAR events. This isn't difficult. Having said that, if we are going to finally go after a**holes, I would like to find that son of a bitch at Fontana who held his finger six inches from Kyle's face two years ago. Kyle didn't flinch, but in some way, I thought that was worse that throwing a beer can at him. It has always been my hope that the bull**** I see here about Kyle doesn't manifest itself in terms of assault. Probably hoping for too much. I have a couple of drivers who are not my favorites, but I have never even so much as booed one of them much less thrown something at them or flipped them off. They are sons, dads, and brothers. Get a ******* grip.
hqdefault.jpg
;)

No conspiracy imo. Just over aggressive racing
I do think some collusion on restarts happened with Kez and Logano during the fall 2015 Martinsville race. They paid a price for the BS too.

The way he looked up before saying it sure made it seem like some a-hole threw something over the fence.
Late Sunday evening, I was skimming Twitter, someone posted a picture of a can of something laying on the track. The comment was that
it had come flying over the fence toward the 11. Can't find it now and don't remember who posted it. Drat. I'll keep looking.

Edited to correct mistake. It wasn't Kyle, it was the 11 car.

Last edited:
We freaking send fans through the x-ray machines at baseball games, and let people bring their own coolers to NASCAR events. This isn't difficult. Having said that, if we are going to finally go after a**holes, I would like to find that son of a bitch at Fontana who held his finger six inches from Kyle's face two years ago. Kyle didn't flinch, but in some way, I thought that was worse that throwing a beer can at him. It has always been my hope that the bull**** I see here about Kyle doesn't manifest itself in terms of assault. Probably hoping for too much. I have a couple of drivers who are not my favorites, but I have never even so much as booed one of them much less thrown something at them or flipped them off. They are sons, dads, and brothers. Get a ******* grip.

Which is why some fans would be better served to leave the alcohol at home. Chase's mom told him if he couldn't say something nice... Mine told me if you turn into A**HOLE when you drink, don't drink.

Hopefully security will be beefed up at all tracks in order to keep nutters away from drivers, team members, track personnel and non nutter fans. I don't care about big Johnny or little Johnny that want to touch the remnant of a driver's suit in order to feel complete it is about the safety off all. Drivers can make themselves available at different times in order to appeal to the masses.

Late Sunday evening, I was skimming Twitter, someone posted a picture of a can of something laying on the track. The comment was that
it had come flying over the fence toward Kyle. Can't find it now and don't remember who posted it. Drat. I'll keep looking.
I noticed this on Twitter Sunday but don't know if it's what KyBu was referring to or not

How does Gluck know it wasn't thrown at Gustafson, I wonder?

There a few on here who it seems would like to throw something at him on a regular basis ;)

Holy cow the world is coming to an end because a fan got angry at a driver?
We had some fist fights a couple of times a season at the local track. Most altercations ended with a case of beer being opened on the tailgate and nobody went home mad. People today expect to be protected from the common cold.

Hopefully security will be beefed up at all tracks in order to keep nutters away from drivers, team members, track personnel and non nutter fans. I don't care about big Johnny or little Johnny that want to touch the remnant of a driver's suit in order to feel complete it is about the safety off all. Drivers can make themselves available at different times in order to appeal to the masses.

I completely disagree. We do not need beefed up security. What we have and will have is fake security at most any venue. Does that really make you feel more comfortable? Not the least for me. There is little that can be done to completely protect participants and spectators from the crazies among us. I guess we could just not allow spectators and make everyone watch on TV. While alcohol is often times the cause of some of the irresponsible behavior we see at the track it is not the root cause.

I completely disagree. We do not need beefed up security. What we have and will have is fake security at most any venue. Does that really make you feel more comfortable? Not the least for me. There is little that can be done to completely protect participants and spectators from the crazies among us. I guess we could just not allow spectators and make everyone watch on TV. While alcohol is often times the cause of some of the irresponsible behavior we see at the track it is not the root cause.

I certainly see your points as I talked an airport screening dude into letting me take some non allowable items in my carry on a flight earlier this month. You can't stop all attacks on schools, concerts or even a guy that decides to drive into a car into a crowd but you can do everything you know to do is right to prevent it. A lot of times you are unaware of when good security works as it can act as a deterrent or quietly apprehend parties wishing to do harm. If you can, drunk or sober, walk up to a driver in the pit area there is a problem with security as it is non existent.

Which is why some fans would be better served to leave the alcohol at home. Chase's mom told him if he couldn't say something nice... Mine told me if you turn into A**HOLE when you drink, don't drink.

I agree 100%.

That's crap. How many times do you see NFL players get peppered with **** from the stands? NBA? MLB? Shall I go on? Seriously, you cannot have the idiots in the stands throwing **** at the competitors. Any other sport, and this is a big story. This sport? The perception is that rednecks will be rednecks. Again, to use Pete Pistone's stupid line......the optics aren't good.

I remember getting Gold Stars when I did good a long, long time ago.

Nascar says winning is important .......... I betcha that's why drivers do crazy stuff to win races. Perhaps giving a trophy to everyone but the winner would help

Hambone was on his bumper from halfway down the straight, he never broke off. At my local track he'd be called for 'rough riding' and sent to the rear. Nascrap rewards him with a win. ?????

Hambone was on his bumper from halfway down the straight, he never broke off. At my local track he'd be called for 'rough riding' and sent to the rear. Nascrap rewards him with a win. ?????

Kyle won .... the only driver rewarded in that race for winning

What happened this past weekend is nothing new to NASCAR, its been going on since they had more then 2 cars on the track. NASCAR will get involved when it has to (see Kenseth) but its up to the drivers to take corrective action for stuff like you saw sunday. This is not WWE, never has been, never will be.

That's crap. How many times do you see NFL players get peppered with sh!t from the stands? NBA? MLB? Shall I go on? Seriously, you cannot have the idiots in the stands throwing sh!t at the competitors. Any other sport, and this is a big story. This sport? The perception is that rednecks will be rednecks. Again, to use Pete Pistone's stupid line......the optics aren't good.
Wow, either I completely messed up my response to SkoalBandit or you misunderstood what I posted. I did not intend to make someone think it was OK in my opinion to throw crap at any venue. I grew up a Yankee and I have seen a lot of nasty behavior from people I would not consider a redneck. Heck, I have seen NYC attorneys going at it.

Back
Top Bottom