Texas Pre-race Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Break out the six shooters it's time for Texas! The NRA 500. That's sure to ruffle a few feathers. Take that crap to the podium where it belongs.

Cup drivers get to hit the track this Thursday for testing. Yeah, testing. No tech. Hopefully that translates to yet another good race in this new car.

Times are local to the Track
Thursday, April 11
9:45 am. NSCS Haulers Enter
11:00 am NSCS Garage Opens
1:00 - 3:00 pm NSCS Testing
3:30 - 5:00 pm NSCS Testing
5:15 - 6:30 pm NNS Practice
7:00 pm NSCS Garage Closes​
Friday, April 12
7:00 am NSCS Garage Opens
10:00 - 11:20 am NNS Final Practice
10:30 am NSCS Rookie & Spotter Meeting & Drawing for Qualifying Order
11:30 am - 1:00 pm NSCS Practice
2:00 - 3:30 pm NSCS Final Practice
4:05 pm NNS Qualifying
5:40 pm NSCS Qualifying
7:30 pm NNS O'Reilly Auto Parts 300 Race
8:00 pm NSCS Garage Closes​
Saturday, April 13
2:30 pm NSCS Garage Opens
6:00 pm Driver Introductions
6:30 pm NSCS NRA 500 Race​
All times above are listed in LOCAL / Central Time Zone

PRACTICE & QUALIFYING
Dates / Times / TV coverage

(times in eastern time)
  • Testing:
    Thursday, April 11, 2:00 - 4:00pm/et, TV-none scheduled
    Thursday, April 11, 4:30 - 5:00pm/et, TV-none scheduled
  • Practices:
    Friday, April 12, 12:30 - 2:00 pm/et, TV-SPEED
  • Happy Hour 'Final' practice: Friday, April 12, 3:00 - 4:30pm/et, TV-SPEED
  • Qualifying: 2 laps for positions 1-36, Friday, April 12 at 6:40 pm/et, TV-SPEED, no re-air scheduled.

Break out the six shooters it's time for Texas! The NRA 500. That's sure to ruffle a few feathers. Take that crap to the podium where it belongs.

Cup drivers get to hit the track this Thursday for testing. Yeah, testing. No tech. Hopefully that translates to yet another good race in this new car.

Times are local to the Track
Thursday, April 11
9:45 am. NSCS Haulers Enter​
11:00 am NSCS Garage Opens​
1:00 - 3:00 pm NSCS Testing​
3:30 - 5:00 pm NSCS Testing​
5:15 - 6:30 pm NNS Practice​
7:00 pm NSCS Garage Closes​
Friday, April 12
7:00 am NSCS Garage Opens​
10:00 - 11:20 am NNS Final Practice​
10:30 am NSCS Rookie & Spotter Meeting & Drawing for Qualifying Order​
11:30 am - 1:00 pm NSCS Practice​
2:00 - 3:30 pm NSCS Final Practice​
4:05 pm NNS Qualifying​
5:40 pm NSCS Qualifying​
7:30 pm NNS O'Reilly Auto Parts 300 Race​
8:00 pm NSCS Garage Closes​
Saturday, April 13
2:30 pm NSCS Garage Opens​
6:00 pm Driver Introductions​
6:30 pm NSCS NRA 500 Race​
All times above are listed in LOCAL / Central Time Zone

PRACTICE & QUALIFYING
Dates / Times / TV coverage

(times in eastern time)
  • Testing:
    Thursday, April 11, 2:00 - 4:00pm/et, TV-none scheduled
    Thursday, April 11, 4:30 - 5:00pm/et, TV-none scheduled
  • Practices:
    Friday, April 12, 12:30 - 2:00 pm/et, TV-SPEED
  • Happy Hour 'Final' practice: Friday, April 12, 3:00 - 4:30pm/et, TV-SPEED
  • Qualifying: 2 laps for positions 1-36, Friday, April 12 at 6:40 pm/et, TV-SPEED, no re-air scheduled.

YEP

Hopefully SHR can get back on track this weekend. Tony and Newman desperately need a good run. Another top 25 for Danica would be acceptable.

If Danica kicks their a$$ two weeks in a row then there's bound to be a shake up of some sort @ SHR.

I bet it was bitter sweet for Tony at Martinsville. One one hand, one of his cars came from 42nd to almost a top 10. On the other, he got passed by a rookie with zero races at that track.

Did you know?

Construction on Texas Motor Speedway began in 1995; the 1st NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race was held April 6, 1997 – won by Jeff Burton.

I think you have shot yourself in the foot with this thread DP. :D

I just love night racing.

Night Race!
smiley-signs021.gif

Did you know?

Construction on Texas Motor Speedway began in 1995; the 1st NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race was held April 6, 1997 – won by Jeff Burton.
Yes, I was there. Row 64, seats 1-4, just to the 4th turn side of start/finish line.
Had 4 to 5 inches of rain the 3 days before the race -- And I was one of the few with NO mud on my shoes. hehehe

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is back in a Nationwide Series car this Friday night at Texas, piloting JRM No. 88. Ryan Pemberton is crew chief.

More seat time can't be a bad thing.

I like seeing these videos of how this is all done. The #11's wrap video for this weekend @ Texas.

Where's the Rap? ;)

Gotta get it on.
Gotta wrap that big ol' python.
Gotta keep the swimmers in the barn.
So's ya don't end up in Maury's Farm.
Gotta wrap it like it's HOT!
Cause you don't know what you got
Till ya puts it on the track
And climb up baby's back.
Gotta get it on.
Gotta get it on.
Gotta get it hella ON!

I'll be at TMS for both races.
Who else is gonna be there?
PM me!

NRA 500, huh? I swear to the Flying Spaghetti Monster I am the only pro-gun liberal on this planet...

Anyways, I fully expect Harvick to qualify 18th, get up to 5th with 20 to go, cut a tire, fall back to 27th, get back up to 6th, then silently and somehow end up in 13th place.

NRA 500, huh? I swear to the Flying Spaghetti Monster I am the only pro-gun liberal on this planet...

Anyways, I fully expect Harvick to qualify 18th, get up to 5th with 20 to go, cut a tire, fall back to 27th, get back up to 6th, then silently and somehow end up in 13th place.
He's got to spin somebody, I think he has a perfect record so far.:)

If memory serves me correctly, Danica has ran pretty well at Texas in what races she has done there.

I'm pretty liberal - well, Libertarian at least, but I'm down with the NRA sponsoring this race!

I bet it was bitter sweet for Tony at Martinsville. One one hand, one of his cars came from 42nd to almost a top 10. On the other, he got passed by a rookie with zero races at that track.
I think SHR should start a new policy. After each race the low finisher of SHR should have to run the rookie stripe the next week. Maybe that will give both Tony and Ryan more incentive to run harder?

If memory serves me correctly, Danica has ran pretty well at Texas in what races she has done there.

Aye, but IndyCar at Texas was different when Danica raced there. The chassis of that era had so much downforce that the IndyCars didn't need to break at all around Texas. It was basically a Daytona/Talladega. Danica will need to break while driving the stocker, obviously, so don't know how much she can rely on her past experiences.

Aye, but IndyCar at Texas was different when Danica raced there. The chassis of that era had so much downforce that the IndyCars didn't need to break at all around Texas. It was basically a Daytona/Talladega. Danica will need to break while driving the stocker, obviously, so don't know how much she can rely on her past experiences.
She ran pretty well there in Nationwide. She also finished on the lead lap there in Cup last fall.

She ran pretty well there in Nationwide. She also finished on the lead lap there in Cup last fall.

Oh, good. I stand corrected then. I hope she does well. All that Danica hate has made me cheer for her a little.

I hope anyone who is already camping at the track, watches the weather carefully tonight and early tomorrow morning. It looks like it is going to be bumpy.

I like watching the leaderboards myself and Twitter for the news. It's a great service if you follow trustworthy sources.

I wouldn't use NASCAR.com anything for toilet paper these days. Their website is the biggest failure in the history of interactive sports coverage. I get most of my news and info, sports and news, from Twitter and Facebook anyways.

Hopefully SHR can get back on track this weekend. Tony and Newman desperately need a good run. Another top 25 for Danica would be acceptable.

The 24 is struggling as well. Jeff said that the revised rear end rules put them behind a bit because they had it pretty well dialed in on downforce tracks last year. Hopefully they can adapt some of what's been working for the 5 and apply it. I would think that any gains that HMS makes would benefit SHR in some way. The CC's can only do so much. It's on the engineers to react to the feedback that the drivers and CC's give them.

I wouldn't use NASCAR.com anything for toilet paper these days. Their website is the biggest failure in the history of interactive sports coverage. I get most of my news and info, sports and news, from Twitter and Facebook anyways.

I use if for the premium features and their fantasy league. As far as news I have a 9 member list set up where I get the feeds from a few reporters, Jeff Gordon, Jeff's spotter and his assistant. Between those 10 feeds and the stuff that gets posted here I don't feel like I miss anything.

NASCAR.com isn't really what I consider a news site. I use it more for watching videos and looking at stats. I am pretty well used to it now and am able to navigate it with ease. Even the mobile app has improved by leaps and bounds.

Back
Top Bottom