That was one of the worst broadcasts I have very seen

Totally agree. TV in general is really turning me off.

If nothing else maybe it will "force" more people to head back to track ...;) I'll be at Kentucky next week so no commercials for me!

I don't think the coverage was truly terrible. NASCAR has always been plagued by frequent commercials dating back to the CBS days. I give NBC a bit of break because, imo, it's tough to have your first broadcast a marquee event when you're taking over for someone who's been doing it for 4+ months.

To everybody that says "the ratings were 100% in my house" or "TV ratings don't matter to me", this is why they matter. When there aren't as many people watching, the value of each ad goes down, and more ads must be sold to compensate.

Nascar was a commercial fest in the 2000s when their ratings were at an all time high. A set of commercials would drop on lap 7 or 8 on intermediate tracks. I remember one year something like 28% of the Daytona 500 wasn't seen by tv viewers.

I'd rather watch 2 broke girls than that broadcast again.

Side by side for the last half was fine for me, gave me a chance to look on twitter for a few minutes too, but that's my personal viewing experience. The commercial with 14 to go irked me, however.

Nascar was a commercial fest in the 2000s when their ratings were at an all time high. A set of commercials would drop on lap 7 or 8 on intermediate tracks. I remember one year something like 28% of the Daytona 500 wasn't seen by tv viewers.
I don't think it was ever as bad as it was tonight. Not even close.

You usually don't see a negative post from me. I'm usually not one to gripe, I've got more important things to do. I'll make an exception here. That was awful. I cannot think of a worse broadcast. Of anything. Ever.

I used to really like Rick Allen when he called the truck races for years, but now, I don't know. "Green flag in the air again!!" over and over again. "If anything happens we'll cut back from commercial" over and over. He's a broken record.

Wayyyyy too many commercial breaks.

Rutledge is annoying and I don't get the appeal there.

I never liked the ESPN coverage and NBC reminds me of ESPN coverage.

Also, the interviewers on pit road wearing NBC firesuits is so freaking corny.

I will agree that the commercials load was to much, and it did ruin the overall broadcast, but for the actual broadcast, its hard to form an opinion of it since it was filled with sooooooooooooooooo many commercials

And Rut's pieces were not needed and took away from the race, and should of not been done, didnt add anything to race coverage.

I don't think it was ever as bad as it was tonight. Not even close.

Trust me, I'm not minimizing the atrocity that was the broadcast tonight, but it WAS that bad when Nascar was at their peak too. Tonight brought back a lot of bad memories..... Hold me?

It was just the abundance of commercials for me. For half the race the commentators audio was too low. Keep saying if something happens on the track they would immediately cut back, and don't. Cutting away with 15 to go. Only interview Brad on original broadcast when they had time to interview 4-5 drivers. No talk on original broadcast about Kurt/Joey contact...

Trust me, I'm not minimizing the atrocity that was the broadcast tonight, but it WAS that bad when Nascar was at their peak too. Tonight brought back a lot of bad memories..... Hold me?
You'd mentioned something about 28% of the Daytona 500 not being shown one year....if it turns out we saw anywhere near 72% of the race tonight I'd be shocked.

You'd mentioned something about 28% of the Daytona 500 not being shown one year....if it turns out we saw anywhere near 72% of the race tonight I'd be shocked.

Take with a grain of salt, but someone on reddit said 46.9% was not shown. Doubt that was true, but yeah.

It felt like half.

non stop ---no commercial opportunity is available every race .
buy a ticket...and attend. :eek:...............:D

I hate plate racing and didn't pay the race my undivided attention. All I know is, Darrell Waltrip wasn't on, Michael Waltrip wasn't throwing tacos on windshields in pre-race and the graphics didn't take up half the screen.

Aside from Darrell Waltrip and the graphics, Fox's coverage is excellent.

non stop ---no commercial opportunity is available every race .
buy a ticket...and attend. :eek:...............:D

Direct-TV fast forward is the only way I can watch a race these days. I refuse to watch a single damned commercial

Yes it was terrible I just came here to say how much I miss the fox crew and to say how bad of a job nbc did. No coverage of any damage repairs on pit road, no close up shots of dale jrs car after the wreck. NASCAR non stop used for commercials on cautions. I don't care what anyone says they ran extra commercials. I even thought the camera work was sub par, at one point the screen just pointed right at the fence into the stands.

To the dw haters i will never understand the hate. I think he is the best in the booth period. I also think Larry Mac was a little better fit too. Although Jeff is improving. The fox crew is like an old broken in work glove. It just feels natural. I always really miss them when they sign off for the year

Side by side for the last half was fine for me, gave me a chance to look on twitter for a few minutes too, but that's my personal viewing experience. The commercial with 14 to go irked me, however.

No NASCAR Nonstop on NBC Sports Live Extra. Major flaw.

I hate plate racing and didn't pay the race my undivided attention. All I know is, Darrell Waltrip wasn't on, Michael Waltrip wasn't throwing tacos on windshields in pre-race and the graphics didn't take up half the screen.

nbc krewe tonite......ain't gonna be up for awards any time soon.
old fellers like me.....are just glad we got tv coverage now .

what you broke-azz bitchin millenials gonna do ...when they go ta ppv ---each race ?? :D

After chasing 2 two years olds around most of the day I fell asleep in my chair during pre-race and missed the race itself. I was really bumming until I read comments posted, now I don't feel so bad. :)

Well, there's Fox's tendency to use too many single-car shots, and too many 'looks cool but doesn't tell the story' angles (in-track cameras, etc.).

Commercials aside
, I feel like Fox is trying to reach a younger audience that has a shorter attention span and a focus on graphics (the same approach Fox takes in all its sports programming), while the NBC broadcast feels more like its oriented toward established fans. Fox focuses on a race as an event, and as if the broadcast itself was the reason to watch; NBC feels like it's more about the actual race.

One idiot's opinion, and we all know what opinions are like.

Back
Top Bottom