The 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race

After all the top 5's in such a short amount of time at Indy... I'm hoping Munoz can get one soon.

Felt a bit bad for Munoz, that two car pass he made going super hot into the corner was epic, no idea how he held the turn.

"The most embarrassing moment in the history of Indianapolis 500 and for the IndyCar series. The fact that a NO TALENT driver like Rossi can win the race, 110% on luck and no skill, is the most ridiculous and damaging result for the Indy Car series. There is something major wrong with this series and I will never watch IndyCar again, ever." - smithopinion at motorsport.com

:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

That was hysterical.

Great that the young man won...good for him.

The real "story" of the race though (IMO) was all the top contenders that knocked themselves out of contention. That 3-car pit incident was huge. Then Helio gets his rear tire thingy-doodle busted....kind like an episode of "Survivor".

Enjoyed seeing that young man in Victory Lane. Congrats to the team!

I always felt like he was unimpressed by Indy and Indycar. He seemed pretty stoked in VL though!!

Reactions: Pat
Congrats to Rossi! Good to see a Honda win after all the Chevy dominance this year.

"The most embarrassing moment in the history of Indianapolis 500 and for the IndyCar series. The fact that a NO TALENT driver like Rossi can win the race, 110% on luck and no skill, is the most ridiculous and damaging result for the Indy Car series. There is something major wrong with this series and I will never watch IndyCar again, ever." - smithopinion at motorsport.com

That was hysterical.
Lol What a puss.

Enjoyed seeing that young man in Victory Lane. Congrats to the team!

I thought he showed that he is mature beyond his years - he politely drank the milk but didn't pour it all over himself. Milk gets stinky after awhile on a hot day.

If I was to win, I could not drink the milk.

Lactose intolerant or I will demolish the facilities, I need lactaid dammit.lol

That was hysterical.
I'm not going to entirely disagree with this, over the top and melodramatic for sure but I seriously can't stand fuel mileage wins, looked like he going about 100 mph at the line, don't like at all.

I'm not going to entirely disagree with this, over the top and melodramatic for sure but I seriously can't stand fuel mileage wins, looked like he going about 100 mph at the line, don't like at all.

If Clint Bowyer was in the race it would have finished differently :D

So happy to see Rossi win I was really bummed when he missed out on the Hass F1 seat, but this is pretty nice consolation prize haha. I hope Indycar can hold on to him because he has unreal talent and could be a great young star this sport desperately needs. Newgarden as well, he should take over the 10 from Kanaan next year or Penske if Montoya or Castroneves leave.

"The most embarrassing moment in the history of Indianapolis 500 and for the IndyCar series."

Not even top 100.

Car dealer-driven pace car crashing into the grandstands
Guerrero goosing it & crashing on the parade lap
Some moron driving over Mansell
Rookie leader with the race in the bag deciding to pass a lapped car on the final turn.
Scott Goodyear passing the pace car before the green flag and giving the race away.
Rescue vehicle killing a crew member while responding to a crash.

Has there ever been a sporting event where mistakes/bonehead moves could be so disastrous?

"The most embarrassing moment in the history of Indianapolis 500 and for the IndyCar series."

Not even top 100.

Car dealer-driven pace car crashing into the grandstands
Guerrero goosing it & crashing on the parade lap
Some moron driving over Mansell
Rookie leader with the race in the bag deciding to pass a lapped car on the final turn.
Scott Goodyear passing the pace car before the green flag and giving the race away.
Rescue vehicle killing a crew member while responding to a crash.

Has there ever been a sporting event where mistakes/bonehead moves could be so disastrous?

Good memory, I'll never forget Guerrero qualifying Bernstein's Buick on the pole at 232, then spinning out on the parade lap...lol

I like the kid. appears to be a whole lot of humble in him.

Yeah, I think the young man knew that he really didn't deserve to win the race - C.C. strategy worked and he did feather the pedal enough to nurse it home. I thought it was cool that he didn't jump around and go crazy.

But hey...a win is a win and his face will be carved on that B-W trophy. Excellent post-race interview.

That was hysterical.
It's not about who crosses the line the fastest, but rather who crosses the line first. Maybe this guy should go watch drag racing.

So happy to see Rossi win I was really bummed when he missed out on the Hass F1 seat, but this is pretty nice consolation prize haha. I hope Indycar can hold on to him because he has unreal talent and could be a great young star this sport desperately needs. Newgarden as well, he should take over the 10 from Kanaan next year or Penske if Montoya or Castroneves leave.
This could be a big deal for IndyCar. Shows a lot of young talent that if you don't have the cash to outbid, say, the Indonesian goberment for a backmarker F1 seat you can still compete and be relevant in the States.

This could be a big deal for IndyCar. Shows a lot of young talent that if you don't have the cash to outbid, say, the Indonesian goberment for a backmarker F1 seat you can still compete and be relevant in the States.

Plenty of talent here.

Hyranto is not that bad IMHO. There is even a possibility of him losing his seat at ironically the Indonesian GP this year. Rossi might not be done yet with F1.

His funding lasts only so many races.

IMO it is highly preferred when compared to a lame caution just to be bunch up the feild. I like the full context of everyone putting themselves into the best position for the closing laps. Any alteration to that by race control is unfortunate.

And I am taking a little liberty here, I don't think you were suggesting that as being preferred. It was just a good place for a proactive rant imo.

And I would have loved to have seen a great duel or showdown for lead. The 500 has had some great epic finishes in recent years. But keeping it real and righteous has to have enough patience to let a day like today happen.
Apparently the folks rumning the 500 know how to run a race, and respect the drivers enough to just let them race without any BS.

Glad Marco and Helio didn't win the thing

Yeah Greg...it worked out the way it should have - I suppose. Rossi was nowhere near the best car in the field - but he won off of the fuel thing. I am not a "Rossi" fan - nor will I ever be...he just got lucky in a screwed up race and nursed his car over the line on fuel.

IMO it is highly preferred when compared to a lame caution just to be bunch up the feild. I like the full context of everyone putting themselves into the best position for the closing laps. Any alteration to that by race control is unfortunate.

x 1,000

Back
Top Bottom