the 78 failed post race?

Sorry, I can't help but laugh at the whole "he just barely failed" garbage.

Back in my day,when the results were pass or fail. There was no in-between. You either passed and moved on or failed. Period. There was no discussion.

Back in the day , if you were out a thousandth , nobody cared . Now it's some kind of hangin offence ? Get real.

They specifically addressed this problem with their new rules about post race inspection. The problem is they never gave a concrete specification about what would be allowable, and what would be a violation. If a car is out of spec, it should be disqualified, period. You cant have a standard of just cheating a little bit, and paying a fine. If they disqualified cars for failing post race inspection, I'll bet cars would stop failing inspection. NASCAR needs to grow a backbone, and enforce the rules. Just another BF moment. And they wonder why fans are leaving.

Back in the day , if you were out a thousandth , nobody cared . Now it's some kind of hangin offence ? Get real.

Okay so back in the day, it was a little easier to get away with crimes because there was no/no good DNA testing.

The rules are you have to pass pre and post laser. If you don't like the rules fine. That's a different story. But there should be no gray area here. You either pass the inspection or fail. Period.

They specifically addressed this problem with their new rules about post race inspection. The problem is they never gave a concrete specification about what would be allowable, and what would be a violation. If a car is out of spec, it should be disqualified, period. You cant have a standard of just cheating a little bit, and paying a fine. If they disqualified cars for failing post race inspection, I'll bet cars would stop failing inspection. NASCAR needs to grow a backbone, and enforce the rules. Just another BF moment. And they wonder why fans are leaving.

This. Or eliminate the rules.

Enough of the gray area bull****. If you have the rules in place, deal with them and punish the people who break them. Otherwise do away with the damn rule.

Okay so back in the day, it was a little easier to get away with crimes because there was no/no good DNA testing.

The rules are you have to pass pre and post laser. If you don't like the rules fine. That's a different story. But there should be no gray area here. You either pass the inspection or fail. Period.

....and 60 miles an hour is the speed limit on highways. Go 61, and we ****** execute you. Come on man. Seriously.

....and 60 miles an hour is the speed limit on highways. Go 61, and we ******* execute you. Come on man. Seriously.
But 70 is too much. You can't have one official cut off line and an unofficial cut off line.

....and 60 miles an hour is the speed limit on highways. Go 61, and we ******* execute you. Come on man. Seriously.

Sure. I might let NASCAR be lenient if they had to police 253 million cars. They just have to worry about 40.

And I never said anything about about giving these guys the harshest penalty. Just make it uniform. You break the rule here, you pay this penalty. You do it twice. you pay double, etc.

Sure. I might let NASCAR be lenient if they had to police 253 million cars. They just have to worry about 40.

And I never said anything about about giving these guys the harshest penalty. Just make it uniform. You break the rule here, you pay this penalty. You do it twice. you pay double, etc.

He will pay the penalty. 10-15 points, etc. + fine. You want the win? There is no precedent. The rule he broke has never been smashed to that extreme. How is this not uniform?

He wasn't 70 by any account. 61.
Doesn't matter if it was 500.

You are missing the point, probably because who is involved.

I think what most fans want is things to be fair and objective; the same consistent rule and punishment.

What you are trying to justify is purely subjective, which is why we have so many problems with consistently in this sport.

61 will always be over the 60 mph, purely objective, which is how it has to be. Sign the ticket.

Absolutely. And it must be clearly stated in the rules what that punishment is to be.

In order for the punishment to fit the crime, there must be flexibility in the interpretation of the rules, or jaywalkers run the risk of firing squads.

Yeah, but a jaywalker shouldn't face the gas chamber.
The only Jaywalker I saw this weekend was in F1
Jaywalker.jpg

the more rules the more cheating. why do you need rules for race cars, race what you got.

Cant anyone express an ounce of trust in the sanctioning body.

The 4 went to the back for an unapproved body modification after inspection.

Is that an appropriate punishment?

They specifically addressed this problem with their new rules about post race inspection. The problem is they never gave a concrete specification about what would be allowable, and what would be a violation.
This is wrong. Nascar stated specific, concrete criteria. From this thread, I get the impression nobody read the news articles about the new penalties for specified, severe inspection violations. Here is what Nascar.com said last week...

"Previously, LIS failures have carried a point deduction in the drivers' and owners' championship points, in addition to the crew chief fine.

Going into the Chase, post-race failure of the LIS platform now will be deemed a P4 level penalty if a vehicle's rear toe measurements exceed the allowed measurements on both sides.

In the Sprint Cup Series, the first violation would result in an encumbered finishing position [i.e. no automatic advancement], the loss of 35 championship driver and owner points, as well as a three-race suspension and $65,000 fine for the crew chief.

In the Xfinity Series, the penalties would be the same, but the crew chief fine would be $20,000."

If Truex's rear toe was out of spec on both sides, the new rules will apply. If not both sides, the infraction will be P2 or P3 according to the criteria in the rule book. That is what they announced last week, and I hope they apply the rules consistently.

Time will tell. Did they announce what they failed the inspection for?
Was it rear toe out on one or both sides?

Calling it now

If Homestead winner is a chaser, his car will fail PRI & team still givin the trophy.

NASCAR needs eyes & ears on the sport. A good controversy is what they are going for.

Calling it now

If Homestead winner is a chaser, his car will fail PRI & team still givin the trophy.

NASCAR needs eyes & ears on the sport. A good controversy is what they are going for.
they need less rules, and more side by side racing.

Calling it now

Nah, I think they will look the other way at Homestead. Anything short of borrowing some "jet fuel" from Mikey Waltrip will be ignored

Doesn't matter if it was 500.

You are missing the point, probably because who is involved.

I think what most fans want is things to be fair and objective; the same consistent rule and punishment.

What you are trying to justify is purely subjective, which is why we have so many problems with consistently in this sport.

61 will always be over the 60 mph, purely objective, which is how it has to be. Sign the ticket.

Third grade classrooms don't even work that way. FWIW, I have never bitched like many have about the things Chad supposedly has done. So, really, not about the winner....although I am jacked that Martin did.

Back
Top Bottom