The Annex

It was not flowering very good and I hated cutting the grass around it, I have another that is 8ft tall and it flowers. I do not have a green thumb.

Ain't nothing weird about my family. :rolleyes:
BrianMud2.jpg

BrianMud1.jpg

@Pat Have you heard from @Lin ? Is NFP still up?

NFP is still up, not many posters. I've only seen Lin on FB for a long time now. She does FB almost every day but no message boards. She is retiring in September, building a house at Ormond Beach FL. :cool:

NFP is still up, not many posters. I've only seen Lin on FB for a long time now. She does FB almost every day but no message boards. She is retiring in September, building a house at Ormond Beach FL. :cool:

Great for Lin! I am so happy for her and that she gets to leave the rat race behind.

Reactions: Pat
She has planned it well. To be free at her age, is unbelievable.

In this day and age it is rare as I think in the future we are going to see people working past what we would consider to be normal retirement age. The best advice I ever got was that you can save for a rainy day but you have to invest your way to a comfortable retirement.

Good for her. She's one of the good ones. :beerbang:

In this day and age it is rare as I think in the future we are going to see people working past what we would consider to be normal retirement age. The best advice I ever got was that you can save for a rainy day but you have to invest your way to a comfortable retirement.

No doubt you need to invest and do so wisely. A friend of mine lost all her investments when the stock market crashed. She had a million and was on her way to early retirement. So many people got hurt when it happened.

No doubt you need to invest and do so wisely. A friend of mine lost all her investments when the stock market crashed. She had a million and was on her way to early retirement. So many people got hurt when it happened.
For most people a house is their biggest investment. And most of their money goes to paying it off.
sarcastic.gif

At least that is our case. Me and the wife both save through our Govt saving scheme where our employer matches our contribution for 4% every pay.
It's adding up but other than that you still need to travel, have a life and have fun!

For most people a house is their biggest investment. And most of their money goes to paying it off.
sarcastic.gif

At least that is our case. Me and the wife both save through our Govt saving scheme where our employer matches our contribution for 4% every pay.
It's adding up but other than that you still need to travel, have a life and have fun!

You cannot beat employee matching. It adds up. Mutual funds are the best way to go IMO.

You cannot beat employee matching. It adds up. Mutual funds are the best way to go IMO.
That's how ours work. I give a dollar and the company gives a dollar and it is invested in mutual funds under my name. :)

That's how ours work. I give a dollar and the company gives a dollar and it is invested in mutual funds under my name. :)
Thats the way mine worked for nearly 30 years but it was up to 5% of my wages. I also draw from a retirement fund that I was grandfathered in on from the day I signed on with them.

Now I wish I had bought eclipse glasses. I can't watch, I can't even take a picture. Going to be 92% here starting at 1:05 until 2:37. I hope it gets really dark. That in itself will be exciting.

I'm easily entertained. :D

Now I wish I had bought eclipse glasses. I can't watch, I can't even take a picture. Going to be 92% here starting at 1:05 until 2:37. I hope it gets really dark. That in itself will be exciting.

I'm easily entertained. :D
So what did you experience?

Disappointment. :( The sun at 10% is still bright. The light was a little strange but nothing exciting.
After so much hype many things appear anti climactic. We (along with a lot of other countries) have a lunar one coming next year...not sure what to expect then..... probably cloud.
sarcastic.gif

After so much hype many things appear anti climactic. We (along with a lot of other countries) have a lunar one coming next year...not sure what to expect then..... probably cloud.
sarcastic.gif
Buy the glasses so you can at least see it.

Back
Top Bottom