The Announcers Thread

The first race for Tony's new NHRA teams will be in SoCal on the same Sunday as the Daytona race. I wonder which race he will attend.

The first race for Tony's new NHRA teams will be in SoCal on the same Sunday as the Daytona race. I wonder which race he will attend.

He will be announcing the 500.

I think they should have Larry Mac & Tony split the 3rd spot in the booth in the future, that’s like what 8-9 races each

I loved how they actually let the race speak for itself at times and weren't constantly yapping and jaw flapping some nonsense or talking over themselves like almost every other crew does.

He will be announcing the 500.

I think they should have Larry Mac & Tony split the 3rd spot in the booth in the future, that’s like what 8-9 races each
I think this is really a great idea

Matt Kenseth in the booth at Fontana

Honestly, Fox is sorta offputting these days. I’m sorry but the presentation in Charlotte with Labonte, McMurray & Spake is just not there. Bowyer is way too class clownish often. Even NBC I feel like has a better presentation and effort than Fox.

Stewart & Larry Mac are the best they got & they are unwilling to put them in the booth very often and/or can’t find other good full time announcers I guess? I don’t really know what to think of Kenseth, maybe he’ll speak some truth.

I personally hope CBS takes over from Fox, the SRX coverage was much better than what Fox has done lately

Last edited:
Honestly, Fox is sorta offputting these days. I’m sorry but the presentation in Charlotte with Labonte, McMurray & Spake is just not there. Bowyer is way too class clownish often. Even NBC I feel like has a better presentation and effort than Fox.

Stewart & Larry Mac are the best they got & they are unwilling to put them in the booth very often and/or can’t find other good full time announcers I guess? I don’t really know what to think of Kenseth, maybe he’ll speak some truth.

I personally hope CBS takes over from Fox, the SRX coverage was much better than what Fox has done lately
I don't think Stewart would take a job in the booth full time he wants to be at the NHRA races as much as he can. But money talks.:)

I don't think Stewart would take a job in the booth full time he wants to be at the NHRA races as much as he can. But money talks.:)

Mike Joy is good & Larry Mac is still great but the rest of Fox could do a lot better. Regan Smith & Michael Waltrip are decent I guess but I just think the broadcasts are seriously lacking compared to MRN/PRN or even DirtVision or FloRacing.

whiners whine

Mr. Joy, it isn't as easy as buying a ticket or else I would be at 36 races per year. Tickets account for about 5% of total travel costs for attending a race for the average fan and that isn't taking lost time at work into account. He is either out of touch or making excuses to cover his boss' behind, or both.

Tickets account for about 5% of total travel costs for attending a race for the average fan and that isn't taking lost time at work into account. He is either out of touch or making excuses to cover his boss' behind, or both.

Joy is decent, I think he’s at the mercy of the director and the execs who don’t have a clue anymore on what the fans mostly want.

However I’m just growing tired of the network throwing driver after driver into the TV spotlight while good broadcasters such as Larry Mac, Andy Petree, Dale Jarrett are in a “studio” role.

Kurt Busch is very good & more technical. I wish Bowyer would be the same more often.

Last edited:

I mentioned something last year about Bowyer grating on the nerves and got booed outta here. Agree Stewart would do exceptional in the booth paired up with Larry Mac.

I mentioned something last year about Bowyer grating on the nerves and got booed outta here. Agree Stewart would do exceptional in the booth paired up with Larry Mac.

I thought Bowyer was fine the first few seasons, but I’ve personally found some of his comedy in 2022 and lack of any sort of casual explanation for drivers having their hand out the window in qualifying to be kinda amateur. Fox in general is way too comedy like at times.

Larry Mac + Kurt in the booth I think would be alright, don’t think Stewart wants another obligation.

Kenseth did a good job as well last weekend. Who's the guest announcer this week?

Mute button is my favorite. Oh? Danica is single again. She's gone totally off the deep end mentally. Zero chance she EVER finds a man that puts up with her beliefs. Whacko isn't strong enough. Only men that are into this stuff are the guys making money from it.

Mute button is my favorite. Oh? Danica is single again. She's gone totally off the deep end mentally. Zero chance she EVER finds a man that puts up with her beliefs. Whacko isn't strong enough. Only men that are into this stuff are the guys making money from it.

That article is edited differently. Doesn't explain her thing.

Did 5 pit again? They just told Chase 5 had a loose lug
I don’t see the skits because of the stream I use, but I wouldnt enjoy them regardless so no comment. Lol

I enjoy Clint but understand I’m in the minority around here. I’ll take Fox over NBC 100% of the time.

Anyways…wrong thread back to the race.

I don’t see the skits because of the stream I use, but I wouldnt enjoy them regardless so no comment. Lol

I enjoy Clint but understand I’m in the minority around here. I’ll take Fox over NBC 100% of the time.

Anyways…wrong thread back to the race.
I think the NBC booth is the worst of all time. But the coverage is a bit better.

Fox coverage is atrocious. But I like Mike and Clint.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think the NBC booth is the worst of all time. But the coverage is a bit better.

Fox coverage is atrocious. But I like Mike and Clint.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Mike Joy saves the Fox booth. He’s the best. Bowyer has quickly become my least favorite commentator.

It’s infuriating that Allen Bestwick isn’t calling races.

Back
Top Bottom