The Announcers Thread

Wasn't this her second race in the booth? I'm willing to give her the rest of the season before pronouncing judgement. Not many people get up to speed in a new job position in just a few weeks.

Wasn't this her second race in the booth? I'm willing to give her the rest of the season before pronouncing judgement. Not many people get up to speed in a new job position in just a few weeks.
Fair, but I have never had a TV talent grow on me.

Fair, but I have never had a TV talent grow on me.
Personally I don't care for her in the booth, but with the push for more women and minorities she's not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I don't generally keep the volume up too loud on the broadcasts so I missed a good bit of what he said, but when I did hear Chase it sounded like he was providing some pretty decent insight and not staying the obvious. Curious how everyone thought he did? Was wondering if he'd also give an idea of when he might be back but I don't think he ever did.

Poor Guenther couldn't get a word in today it didn't sound like, man wasted a trip over.

Chase was pretty boring with his monotone voice and with no show of excitement or enthusiasm or really any emotion. He should stick to driving.

Chase was pretty boring with his monotone voice and with no show of excitement or enthusiasm or really any emotion. He should stick to driving.
I thought Chase was OK, not great, but OK and I think they did the exact right thing by just going to him from time to time instead of having him in the booth, which would have been a mistake in my opinion. I am just not a fan of this guest announcer deal. I can't imagine ANY other sport doing such a thing, and for good reason. 95% of the athletes are NOT cut out for it.

Tbf I’m sure many of us wouldn’t be too enthused calling a race while watching someone else drive your car.
Especially in a race he knows he could win.

Chase would never be or probably never want to be an announcer. The rest of the weekend had excellent driver/announcers with Harvick in the Truck race and Kez and Joey did an excellent job calling the Xfinity race. Either one of those three if they desired could get a gig doing announcing...Harvick starts next year. Looking forward to it.

I think Chase did what you would expect out of anyone that is being part of a broadcast from their house.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Kurt was out-freakin'-standing, maybe better than Tony or Kevin, definitely better than Clint, either Jeff or either Waltrip. So much useful, relevant information from him. I hate it for him that he's not still in the car.

Getting anything out of Guenther was like pulling teeth.

Send Clint home forever, I’d be happy with Mike and Kurt. Kurt was exceptional yesterday. It’ll break my heart if he gets a full time gig and the inevitable fans turning on him occurs, but every time he’s been in the booth he’s very knowledgeable, endearing, captivating and just a breath of fresh air.

Kurt was out-freakin'-standing, maybe better than Tony or Kevin, definitely better than Clint, either Jeff or either Waltrip. So much useful, relevant information from him. I hate it for him that he's not still in the car.

Getting anything out of Guenther was like pulling teeth.
Most engineering types aren't public speakers lol. I wondered about Guenther. He's a really likeable guy I could tell, but his mind was on strategy and not B.S. announcing speak. Kurt and Clint sounded like a running Toyota commercial. Clint was selling cars for his Toyota dealership in Kansas lol. It's tough with 4 guys in the both not stepping on each other but they did a good job, maybe the gerbils were paying attention.

I don't generally keep the volume up too loud on the broadcasts so I missed a good bit of what he said, but when I did hear Chase it sounded like he was providing some pretty decent insight and not staying the obvious. Curious how everyone thought he did? Was wondering if he'd also give an idea of when he might be back but I don't think he ever did.

Poor Guenther couldn't get a word in today it didn't sound like, man wasted a trip over.
As has been the case for a few years now, Clint Bowyer dragged the booth down. But that's more on Fox wanting him to play a certain role.

I have always thought Clint had a sense of humor, he's a happy go lucky guy, and he has a serious side also. He doesn't jump up and down and yell and scream, but he does get excited when it comes down to it.

Too many people on the call yesterday. It reminded me of this.

Attachments

• DVYeekLW4AAFifL.jpg_large.jpg
    DVYeekLW4AAFifL.jpg_large.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 55
Anyone else notice Fox emphasizes certain races in their promos for upcoming broadcasts. If you're a casual fan, you'd think the next race was in Bristol in two weeks, then a two-week break to Talladega, then nothing until the Coke 600. You wouldn't know there were races in between those. No mention of Richmond, Darlington, Dover, etc.

To the surpsie of absolutely no one, Moody completely misses the root of their "complaints". I guess motor mouth really liked what he saw in turn 1, which also isn't surprising seeing as how he's a mouth breathing NASCAR shill.

What's funny is there were quite a few regulars also complaining post race, even some spotters on Twitter.

Someone needs to tell this dude to shut the **** up.

To the surpsie of absolutely no one, Moody completely misses the root of their "complaints". I guess motor mouth really liked what he saw in turn 1, which also isn't surprising seeing as how he's a mouth breathing NASCAR shill.

What's funny is there were quite a few regulars also complaining post race, even some spotters on Twitter.

Moody had to check with nascar before he could express "his opinion" and they told them that's what he thinks

Moody had to check with nascar before he could express "his opinion" and they told them that's what he thinks
Pretty much, they don't pay much attention to the same whiners every week except they all count one when it comes to the engagement stats.

The networks still need to get rid of commentators with a vested interest in what goes on in the sport. Kurt Busch cheering for the 45 was unacceptable.

The networks still need to get rid of commentators with a vested interest in what goes on in the sport. Kurt Busch cheering for the 45 was unacceptable.
I disagree, I thought Kurt did a pretty good job and why shouldn't he be able to cheer for his team. I never understood why some people have a problem with that.

I think when you are supposed to announce the race that is what you do, you don't go into full cheerleader mode, the broadcast is neutral for a reason.
They used to howl about Gordon when he was in the booth saying he was biased for Hendrick, Chevy, the sky above, whatever. But I thought he did a good job being neutral, carefully so.
Tony was on last week and with Boyer goading him about his cars, Tony blew him off.
Kez and Joey in numerous races I have never seen them go full cheerleader when one of the company cars won the race.

Of all the bad Dave Moody takes, this one makes the top-10.

There's a difference between contact and drivers sending it into turn one until the hand of Jesus reached out to them.

Back
Top Bottom