The Announcers Thread

Is Letarte out at NBC?

These shows are all being produced by NASCAR so I wouldn't read too much into that. But a rumor I've heard is that he's gonna follow Dale Jr to TNT and Prime.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NBC booth was completely different next year.
Hès absolutely going to follow Dale IMO. Heck, it was basically in Dales contract that Letarte had to be a part of the NBC broadcast team.

Latarte is a wealth of information. I could listen to him talk NASCAR all day.

Hès absolutely going to follow Dale IMO. Heck, it was basically in Dales contract that Letarte had to be a part of the NBC broadcast team.

I could see TNT or Prime being Rick Allen, Dale Jr and Steve Letarte. Or Adam Alexander in place of Rick Allen.

NBC has the right guy for PxP. How the rest of this shakes out, nobody knows yet.

Jamie McMurray deserves a booth job. So does Kurt Busch. And who knows, maybe that's the direction MTJ goes.

I wouldnt be surprised if Amazon/TNT got the band back together amongst Rick Allen, Dale Jr and Stevie. Burton sits out that dance as hes at NBC hopefully in a cushy studio job next year. Very intriguing to see how NBC molds the booth next year around Diffey, hes been such a breath of fresh air and really really amazing the last few weeks. Rumor is Fox is looking to sign Bestwick for Indy Car which would be pretty damn cool.

Dale himself talked about how part of his contract was that Steve had to remain part of the team

Is Diffey starting to wear anyone else down? I liked his approach at first, but yesterday during the Atlanta race he seemed to be really over the top. Perhaps in all honesty he was really amazed at the racing and the performance of the drivers, but he was getting away from announcing the race with his "jaw dropping" moments all day.

Is Diffey starting to wear anyone else down? I liked his approach at first, but yesterday during the Atlanta race he seemed to be really over the top. Perhaps in all honesty he was really amazed at the racing and the performance of the drivers, but he was getting away from announcing the race with his "jaw dropping" moments all day.
What I dreaded is coming true. Diffey has been gerbilized. He's shouting like Rick.

He's doing what I said he was going to do.

Back
Top Bottom