The Announcers Thread

Jeff Burton really enjoys hearing himself talk

Is he like this at home

"Now see when you get that burger done, you grab the ketchup bottle and squeeze it until you get the ketchup in the burger, and remember every bit of ketchup matters, you may have to much or too little, thats why every litttle tiny ounce matters"

"Remember when you brush your teeth every tooth matters, any tooth can get a cavity thats why you need to spend so much time on each tooth, every tooth matters"
You have that right.

Rutledge is like a cartoon character -- seeing him cowboy posing with the six-shooters was pure entertainment magic. :rolleyes:

He's like a rodeo clown that helps divert negative energy away from NASCAR, sacrificing himself for the greater good.

Jeff Burton really enjoys hearing himself talk

Is he like this at home

"Now see when you get that burger done, you grab the ketchup bottle and squeeze it until you get the ketchup in the burger, and remember every bit of ketchup matters, you may have to much or too little, thats why every litttle tiny ounce matters"

"Remember when you brush your teeth every tooth matters, any tooth can get a cavity thats why you need to spend so much time on each tooth, every tooth matters"

the tony romo effect. Romo is a borderline prophet, now every network is looking for next romo.

I’m campaigning for Ed soundhead to be the new guy in Fox’s booth. He commentates while playing wreckfest and nascar heat on YouTube.

Rick Allen is the worst thing to ever happen to NASCAR. He sounds like a WWE announcer and with the pushing of "playoff implications" he genuinely makes our sport look phony and over the top.

If I was running the network, he would have been fired years ago.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I can't stand to listen to 4 opinions on every little thing. They aren't keeping track of the race which is why they are there in the first place.They didn't seem to know or thought it wasn't important which drivers needed to pit at Texas and which had already pitted, how important strategy was working out, but instead kept trying to make fake drama when there wasn't any. Totally missed what was happening, didn't have a clue. They had a a record number of leaders, but unless the viewers were keeping track, you didn't know if they had stayed out and would need to pit in so many laps or if they were good to the end. That was the real drama they missed IMO.

I wish they had Ralph Shaheen, Kyle Petty, Dale Jarrett in the booth. Similar to TNT back in 2009. Ralph is one of the best in motorsports IMO at calling a race hands down.

Dale Jr & Stevie are capable as peacock box guys like DJ & Kyle are now. Honestly I'm not sure on Burton at times, I don't care for him but slide him to Xfinity telecasts or something. Rick Allen should have stayed in Trucks.

it's apparent to me that Rick Allen isn't a racing fan. He continues to phone it in every week
Glad you pointed it out. He's done his homework, but he doesn't seem to care. I was watching a special on NASCAR racing in the 70s, and he was one of the people speaking on behalf of that era.

****ting me?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Did anybody else think that NBC's booth coverage seemed considerably toned down today (Phoenix) and there wasn't as much screaming? I thought they talked more in conversational mode instead of like gerbils.

Even Burton didn't seem to talk as much and when he did, he didn't yell. I know a lot of people have been complaining...maybe NBC/NASCAR are finally starting to listen. We can hope at least.

Did anybody else think that NBC's booth coverage seemed considerably toned down today (Phoenix) and there wasn't as much screaming? I thought they talked more in conversational mode instead of like gerbils.

Even Burton didn't seem to talk as much and when he did, he didn't yell. I know a lot of people have been complaining...maybe NBC/NASCAR are finally starting to listen. We can hope at least.
He still rattled on too much and too repetitious.
Had to watch the last 20 laps on mute.

I'm probably the only one, but I liked Glenn Jarrett. He wasn't the best speaker, but he didn't shout and seemed "down to earth" (a lot like his dad and brother.)

I'm probably the only one, but I liked Glenn Jarrett. He wasn't the best speaker, but he didn't shout and seemed "down to earth" (a lot like his dad and brother.)

You're definitely not the only one! I loved listening to Glenn Jarrett. He was a GREAT pit reporter and I always enjoyed hearing him talk

It was mentioned in the Cole Pearn thread that a tv booth job may be an option.
That made me think of the current pack of screaming gerbils and how it may be
time to give "putting these retired race industry guys in the booth" a rest.

Are'nt there any more Paul Pages, or Barney Halls out there in this great big world?

I am interested in seeing how this goes. I have long been a believer that sometimes less is more. I'm not really sure when it became a contest to see how many talking heads you can assign to cover ONE sporting event.

Back
Top Bottom