The Announcers Thread

Last night I found a group of screaming fools that can give the gerbils a run for their money. They're still somehow more listenable though.

no kidding that was pitifull. Bright side is that it isn't three hours worth like the constant yapping of the Gerbs. It's about the only thing I am happy about the season being over is the hope NBC will do something with that mess they have made.

yeah I heard it also. I don't know if you heard this, but they have fired Krista Voda, sharp gal great for the sport with a 19 year track record.
yah I saw about Krista. That comment about the miscarriages from Rick golly gee. I look forward to that day that dude is kicked to the curb. In all my years of watching races, he takes the title as the worst play by play. He's worse than Bill Weber which was hard to do.

If NBC doesn't find a better balance between booth audio and track audio it won't make much difference to me, because most of the time all I can hear is voices drowned out by race cars. Half the time I feel like I am listening to Fox's Crank It Up!

If NBC doesn't find a better balance between booth audio and track audio it won't make much difference to me, because most of the time all I can hear is voices drowned out by race cars. Half the time I feel like I am listening to Fox's Crank It Up!
I can't tell the difference between Burton and Jr half the time so I assume it is Burton most of the time because he never shuts up. Didn't anybody at NBC mic test either one to catch that?

I think the guy in the sound mix booth gets hard listening to the engines. I wonder what sound tracks he has for home in bed.

I can't tell the difference between Burton and Jr half the time so I assume it is Burton most of the time because he never shuts up. Didn't anybody at NBC mic test either one to catch that?
Used to be that way but they took the jock strap off Junior and the last couple races his voice has been deeper. Wife must have got on his case. :D

Used to be that way but they took the jock strap off Junior and the last couple races his voice has been deeper. Wife must have got on his case. :D
Not so for me unless Jr does his grunting constipation voice and even then if it wasn't for the change in speed I can't tell the difference half the time. Bottom line for me is whatever they do to either one of them, having two in the booth that sound that close doesn't work worth a damn.

Not so for me unless Jr does his grunting constipation voice and even then if it wasn't for the change in speed I can't tell the difference half the time. Bottom line for me is whatever they do to either one of them, having two in the booth that sound that close doesn't work worth a damn.
Burton to retirement.

Rick Allen: “Chase Briscoe's wife had two miscaridges this year, but one the bright side he's going cup racing next year."

Between this and how often he mentioned Sherry’s cancer battle, this dude deserves to have his teeth kicked in. Maybe it’ll shut him up.
I think it's an attempt (poor one if you ask me) to humanize these guys and let everyone know that these guys are no different than us in that they have serious issues they have to deal with in life as well.

The Sherry Pollex thing got so annoying to me because they kept shoving it down our throats

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

yea, you can't adjust for that. try and turn it up only makes it worse.

Rick Allen should spend his offseason watching old races where Ken announces. Ken was such a smooth listen, you knew for instance the Daytona 500 was a big race because.....you were watching it. Ken treated the viewers like they knew what they were watching, gave us the storylines and let us take it from there as he told us what was happening on the track. No hyperbole needed, just simple play by play. Simple is so much better than what we get in the second half of each season from NBC. They’ve even managed to ruin Jr this year, he was starting to get on my nerves a bit. I want Podcast Jr broadcasting races not the NBC/WWE hyped up version we got.

Rick Allen thinks everybody is as casual a fan as he is so he treats us like a bunch of uneducated idiots. It's nothing but a job for him. With Ken Squier he lived it. Allen has reduced himself this year to asking stupid questions for Burton to answer (like he needed another excuse to run off at the mouth)

This move furthers a string of broadcasting "firsts" Little has accomplished. She was the first female pit reporter for the television broadcast of the Indianapolis 500 (2004), and in 2015, she became the first female pit reporter to cover both the Daytona 500 and the Indianapolis 500 for network TV’s live, flag-to-flag race coverage.
In addition, Little was the first female to cover a televised Supercross and motocross event, and was one of the first female reporters in X Games history.

Rick Allen thinks everybody is as casual a fan as he is so he treats us like a bunch of uneducated idiots. It's nothing but a job for him. With Ken Squier he lived it. Allen has reduced himself this year to asking stupid questions for Burton to answer (like he needed another excuse to run off at the mouth)

They’re so bad. Everyone take advice from Mispeedway and overlay PRN/MRN over your tv broadcast.

Does the PRN/MRN broadcast match what is shown on tv, just a few seconds late?

The NASCAR fan council survey on broadcast coverage is out now so it's a chance to sound off on NBC's coverage. Who knows if they will pay any attention to it however.

Here is one of the questions I am having problems with. I don't want to recommenced announcers that already work for FOX. Any suggestions?

"Who, if anyone, would be a good addition to the NBC broadcast team?"

Here is one of the questions I am having problems with. I don't want to recommenced announcers that already work for FOX. Any suggestions?

"Who, if anyone, would be a good addition to the NBC broadcast team?"
If they could get him off the track...... Ken Schrader

This move furthers a string of broadcasting "firsts" Little has accomplished. She was the first female pit reporter for the television broadcast of the Indianapolis 500 (2004), and in 2015, she became the first female pit reporter to cover both the Daytona 500 and the Indianapolis 500 for network TV’s live, flag-to-flag race coverage.
In addition, Little was the first female to cover a televised Supercross and motocross event, and was one of the first female reporters in X Games history.

This is a great move by Fox Sports. Jamie Little is easy to talk to and has a ton of knowledge, two very important qualities in a broadcaster, and she's a very good broadcaster.

Back
Top Bottom