The Announcers Thread

Those are the type of antics a large portion of the fanbase likes though... hence why we have Clint Bowyer in the booth making random ass noises.
Bowyer isn't bad at all and is a massive improvement over hearing BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY DIGGER DIGGER BOOGITY BOOGITY JOOOOOOOOONYERRRRRRRRRRRR BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY *random incoherent rambling* SLIDE JOB

Another reminder that it could possibly be worse.

That actually sounds like mid 90’s Vince McMahon calling the ending to a WWF (then) match. “What a Maneuver!” Listening to your clip it’s just a slap in the face to Motorsports that people like that are allowed to do a job. To listen each week to Rick Allen when in the past we’ve been blessed with cool presence of Barney Hall, the feeling of impending danger but calm style depicted by Ken Squier, the booming vocal cords of Eli Gold, and the business approach of Bob Jenkins it’s just a sad state of affairs.

Dale Jr and Jeff Burton must be related.
Both of their voices are increasing sales for Q-tip swabs.
I couldn't tell because they left all the mikes open in the engine compartments and some idiot played music to introduce the commercials.
Worst race broadcast ever.

I am surprised :idunno:, am I the only one that was super dooper glad that RICK was out of the booth at New Hampshire?

Jr. did a fine job compared to RICK the mouth.
I really don't think so..At least Rick warts and all doesn't constantly run his mouth with half of it at least is just filling the air with speculation B.S. . Gerbils be gerbils, one less just means the others left get to gerbil more IMO.

I was glad he was gone. Unfortunately, we don't get to take advantage of it since there are no races for 2 weeks.

I can tolerate the gerbils, they're funny. It's Rick Allen that I think is the real enemy of the fans here.

I'm going to keep saying this, but I think he's the worst thing to happen to NASCAR over the last 20 years outside of the gen 6 car. He's that f****** bad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I get the Rick Allen hate, but I do think he at least steers the conversation the way someone in his role is supposed to. Jeff Burton is the issue. 4 guys in a booth is way too many and he's the weak link imo.

I've told this story before, but prior to Jeff Gordon's hall of fame induction, Rick Allen walked over to the fan section and shook hands/exchanged words with almost every row of fans that were there, my girlfriend and I included. That will always stick with me. He's a good guy.

I get the Rick Allen hate, but I do think he at least steers the conversation the way someone in his role is supposed to. Jeff Burton is the issue. 4 guys in a booth is way too many and he's the weak link imo.

I've told this story before, but prior to Jeff Gordon's hall of fame induction, Rick Allen walked over to the fan section and shook hands/exchanged words with almost every row of fans that were there, my girlfriend and I included. That will always stick with me. He's a good guy.
He probably is a very good guy. However he tries way to hard to hype every little detail which tells me he is not confident nor comfortable with his role.
When people try way to hard..... they make mistakes. He has to back it down a bit and just be natural. This same advice goes to Junior.

NBC decided to pay four guys to be in the booth, and they expect all four to contribute something. The problem is, there is only so much that NEEDS to be said, and that leads to a bunch of needless yammering. Three people in the booth is all you EVER need, and if you get the right people, TWO is plenty. I blame NBC much more than any of the people actually in the booth, and having two drivers in the booth makes BOTH of them worse than either would be alone. It certainly doesn't help that they end up sounding exactly alike when they talk. Just because Benny Parsons and Ned Jarrett were so good at it, doesn't mean anyone else can or should do it.

Being a good guy does not make you a good announcer.

NBC decided to pay four guys to be in the booth, and they expect all four to contribute something. The problem is, there is only so much that NEEDS to be said, and that leads to a bunch of needless yammering. Three people in the booth is all you EVER need, and if you get the right people, TWO is plenty. I blame NBC much more than any of the people actually in the booth, and having two drivers in the booth makes BOTH of them worse than either would be alone. It certainly doesn't help that they end up sounding exactly alike when they talk. Just because Benny Parsons and Ned Jarrett were so good at it, doesn't mean anyone else can or should do it.
Looks like NBC doubled down also. Now I have noticed they have the pit reporters telling long winded stories in addition to the gerbils, and of course all of them have to comment about what the pit reporters said 4 f'ing times.

What I don't understand is that with the contractions that have taken place in sports media, why have they continued to see how many people they can shoehorn into a event broadcasts? You would have thought they would have used the current state of sports to go with a more streamlined approach. When ESPN started out, they would cove a race with a TOTAL of four people. Now NBC has four in the booth, three on pit road, three or more back in Charlotte, plus Rut or Collinsworth wandering around, and sometime I think I am seeing less and learning less than I did with ESPN circa 1982.

people on another board were teaching others how to sync up the MRN announcing to the race on TV. That wasn't going on with the Fox crew

The yelling. I just don't get it. Turned the race off and came back for the final laps. The announcers ruin the race and nobody seems to be able to get through to anyone about it.

Back
Top Bottom