The Announcers Thread

yeah they called me after I "communicated" with them and that was one of the topic I discussed. So you are eliminating 9 channels which means a rate hike and all we get is an apology? I have a wait and see for the time being to see if Peacock will pick up the slack. They don't even mention Nascar on their web site at present. It was tweeted by Justin Long that they would stream three races.. Whoopie, two of the three will be on NBC anyway. I'll do a dish something if I have too. Trees will fall if I need to do that to get a dish to work properly. What a bunch of B.S. money grubbing sob's
https://voodoostreams.cc/

Never worry again ;)

yeah they called me after I "communicated" with them and that was one of the topic I discussed. So you are eliminating 9 channels which means a rate hike and all we get is an apology? I have a wait and see for the time being to see if Peacock will pick up the slack. They don't even mention Nascar on their web site at present. It was tweeted by Justin Long that they would stream three races.. Whoopie, two of the three will be on NBC anyway. I'll do a dish something if I have too. Trees will fall if I need to do that to get a dish to work properly. What a bunch of B.S. money grubbing sob's

YouTube TV was going to take $10/month off everyone's subscription when they were gonna drop NBC networks.

I wouldn't count on Peacock picking up USA Network's broadcasts. This isn't how Comcast has operated so far. They had that thing with the Olympics where some stuff was only going to be on Peacock, then said that all Olympics coverage would be on Peacock, then nothing was on Peacock and they ended up having to put everything on the NBC Sports app.

NBC is a freaking disaster right now.

You would be amazed how many people still don't have access to high speed internet. When I lived in Wilson County, I would've killed for 20mbps. No high speed internet because of a state law protecting corporations.
Insult to injury is that they call it high speed internet.

You would be amazed how many people still don't have access to high speed internet. When I lived in Wilson County, I would've killed for 20mbps. No high speed internet because of a state law protecting corporations.
What were they protecting?

YES! When we travel during the year having high speed internet is next to impossible unless we are near major metropolitan areas. Which we typically avoid...that's our trailer life. Even at home we don't have reliable high speed internet unless we purchase from a separate provider that would cost us an additional $100+ per month.

What were they protecting?
The city of Wilson had its own internet service that was like a public utility and, because of lack of access, was branching out into the county and other areas.

Telecoms went to the state to have it stopped, and pretty much said they weren't going to provide service in some of the areas Wilson's Greenlight service was, but the state passed a law stopping it anyway. So, when I was living in Lucama, there was the deal where the telecoms wouldn't provide internet, Wilson couldn't provide internet, and you were stuck in that. I ended up exploiting a loophole in my cell phone plan to get a hotspot with unlimited data on it.

It amazes me to this day that they would pass a law to protect the telecom monopolies from facing competition in areas they had no plans to provide service to anyway. But not surprising, the corporations own this country.

The city of Wilson had its own internet service that was like a public utility and, because of lack of access, was branching out into the county and other areas.

Telecoms went to the state to have it stopped, and pretty much said they weren't going to provide service in some of the areas Wilson's Greenlight service was, but the state passed a law stopping it anyway. So, when I was living in Lucama, there was the deal where the telecoms wouldn't provide internet, Wilson couldn't provide internet, and you were stuck in that. I ended up exploiting a loophole in my cell phone plan to get a hotspot with unlimited data on it.

It amazes me to this day that they would pass a law to protect the telecom monopolies from facing competition in areas they had no plans to provide service to anyway. But not surprising, the corporations own this country.
I haven't checked lately because the cable company was bought out, but it used to be the largest independently (privately) owned cable company in the U.S with a whole 2200 customers. The company was gobbled up by a corporation, immediately raised the price 20 bucks a month, and started charging another 10 bucks a piece per months for set top boxes that were free before. Now this ha ha move. Remove 10 TV channels, including USA and the Golf channel, with no reduction in rates and a we're sorry sent in the mail.

Why in the hell would they want to deprive their citizens internet access and not benefit from taxing the service? Bizarre

Why in the hell would they want to deprive their citizens internet access and not benefit from taxing the service? Bizarre
similar thing here. Cimtel who is my provider and ATT is about 8 miles away. ATT is where my friends get their TV service from and although Cimtell offers unlimited internet and ATT doesn't, Cimtel isn't permitted to offer internet to those people so they have to use their phones and other high priced nonsense if they want to use the internet.

YES! When we travel during the year having high speed internet is next to impossible unless we are near major metropolitan areas. Which we typically avoid...that's our trailer life. Even at home we don't have reliable high speed internet unless we purchase from a separate provider that would cost us an additional $100+ per month.
Yep, I'm lucky to get 20 mps. This country's infrastructure needs serious help

“Private sector = good, government = bad.”

This came during the TEA Party era where we’d be better off with nothing than be better off with service of any kind.

The funny part about this is, when I lived in a liberal town and did journalism there, the politicians of the town fed me a story and got me to write a story that prompted a competition between ISPs to provide affordable internet in rural communities. Verizon and Comcast both jumped to it.

But in a conservative state, they wrote laws that essentially guaranteed rural communities wouldn’t get high speed internet. Whereas the liberal state got companies to compete.

There’s a reason I’m a Democrat. Republicans aren’t free market, they are for monopolies and for corporate interests depriving the working class.

And as a follow up, one reason corporations fought to block rural internet access, they were getting farms and other small businesses to pay then $750-$1,200/month for 1mbps DSL access.

When I discovered my phone company’s hotspot hack, I told Diaz about it and he uses the same thing. I actually use my hotspot at Coastal Plains now.

Wow.

Dump Clint. Give me Joy and Larry Mac.....and be done with it. Please.
I think I heard Larry say one time in the past couple
years on xm radio that he is done with the travel and is enjoying
being close with the grandkids. So scratch him off.

Just saw on the SHR Facebook page that Smoke will be in the booth for the Clash and 500

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Makes sense he did that test at Bowman Gray with Jr and Bowyer

Smoke and Bowyer in the booth will be like a couple of old dudes reliving their frat days. Not interested. Could we please find the grace and class of Bob, Ned, and Benny? Mike Joy is a great start. Larry Mac would be a great addition. Give me a Knaus, and I would be happy.

Smoke and Bowyer in the booth will be like a couple of old dudes reliving their frat days. Not interested. Could we please find the grace and class of Bob, Ned, and Benny? Mike Joy is a great start. Larry Mac would be a great addition. Give me a Knaus, and I would be happy.

I kinda agree. Maybe Tony will tell it like it is like he used to.

What??? Smoke and Clint are both ex TRD drivers and you don't like them???? Say it ain't so!

I kinda agree. Maybe Tony will tell it like it is like he used to.
Networks run with an idea...Hey, a driver would be great in the booth....I don't agree. Gordon was horrible. Not everybody is a Junior. He is 100% fabulous. One of a kind. Literally. Quit trying to find the next Jr. Not possible.

The rotating extra person in the booth worked well for SRX, wouldn't be surprised if Fox took notice. To its a different change of pace to have a couple constants and always be bringing in another perspective. Let's be honest whether it was fox or NBC halfway thru their run you can pretty much figure out everyone's opinions and who they'll side with.

The rotating extra person in the booth worked well for SRX, wouldn't be surprised if Fox took notice. To its a different change of pace to have a couple constants and always be bringing in another perspective. Let's be honest whether it was fox or NBC halfway thru their run you can pretty much figure out everyone's opinions and who they'll side with.

I think crew chiefs....or maybe an engineer would be fascinating in the booth really....

Back
Top Bottom