The Announcers Thread

I think Bowyer is decent but Fox Sports for whatever reason needs to do a better job of being professional, it’s the whole program seems these days.

I thought it was great having Chad Knaus in the booth compared to having LeTarte in the booth for NBC. Chad's fount of knowledge about strategies and everything else technical made him a great complement to Larry Mac. His mellow pipes were a real treat to listen to as well.

brace yourselves 10042022064044.jpg

I have a confession to make and can no longer keep my feelings hidden....... I miss these fellas a teeny bit. Even the play by play guy who is the biggest boob I've ever heard, I kinda miss him too.
1649872023508.png

I have a confession to make and can no longer keep my feelings hidden....... I miss these fellas a teeny bit. Even the play by play guy who is the biggest boob I've ever heard, I kinda miss him too.
View attachment 62612
That's allowed and don't let any of the bullies try to persuade you any different. :)

Get rid of burton and the boob and throw Alan bestwick in there and we got somethin goin.

I would have appreciated it if the Fox crew at Bristol would have spent more time on the differences between dirt and pavement racing. I had to come here to get answers to too many basic questions, stuff they talked about as if everyone in the audience was already familiar with dirt racing. What's a 'cushion'? How could the track be so different on Sunday than Saturday's Truck race? Nope, gotta waste time having Larry Mac try to get generic virtual graphics to relate to a unique situation, and Myers and Mikey explain that they don't really know what they're talking about.

I can't be the only viewer unfamiliar with dirt for the most part. Their coverage didn't help my understanding of it, regardless of how the actual race itself ran.

Was pretty funny that they went side by side for 3 commercials and all of them were cautions. What's the point?
I'm guessing the side-by-sides are scheduled in advance, and will be used when scheduled regardless of which flag is flying. Did you catch the truck race when they went SbS with 15 to go? Probably scheduled but still stooopid.

I'm guessing the side-by-sides are scheduled in advance, and will be used when scheduled regardless of which flag is flying. Did you catch the truck race when they went SbS with 15 to go? Probably scheduled but still stooopid.

If there hadn't been a caution, they would've come back to full screen racing with 3 laps to go.

I'm looking forward to hearing Jr today but fear that he and Bowyer together will be unbearable to listen to at times

How about Junior alone, and everybody else stay home. He is fabulous.

One thing's for sure, four is way too many.

How about Joy, Dale Jr, and Larry Mac in the FOX booth? And one of Alexander/Bestwick/Sheheen in the NBC booth with Dale Jarrett? Allen, Burton, and Letarte can kick rocks.

Seems like to me that Jr and Burton are in competition to see who can get a word in edgewise, while Jr seemed like he was trying to fit in with Boyer and Mike Joy at Fox. It doesn't help that Burton and Jr have similar pitched voices and it is impossible to tell the two apart when they are screaming and it comes out a jibberish.

Doesn't help that Burton constantly keeps his jaws flapping the whole race and it seems like he will say just about any B.S. thing so he can keep talking and monopolizing the broadcast.

Seems like to me that Jr and Burton are in competition to see who can get a word in edgewise, while Jr seemed like he was trying to fit in with Boyer and Mike Joy at Fox. It doesn't help that Burton and Jr have similar pitched voices and it is impossible to tell the two apart when they are screaming and it comes out a jibberish.

Doesn't help that Burton constantly keeps his jaws flapping the whole race and it seems like he will say just about any B.S. thing so he can keep talking and monopolizing the broadcast.
To think I really liked Jeff as a driver but now he might be my least favorite person in the sport

I like Jeff as a driver. I liked him when NBC had him doing studio work. I don't know what happened when they moved him to the booth.
That's what is weird about it. I have watched Burton a number of times doing studio work and it's nothing like what he is in the booth. That's why my guess is about the competition between Jr and Jeff. It's not a good match for the race booth IMO. Jr seemed to click with Joy and Boyer.

I thought this was funny. Letarte seems to never know any strategy past when they need to change the tires.

I even thought Steve Letarte was pretty enjoyable early on with NBC… but yeah even listening to Steve got old quickly.

And I do recall some time way back when Jeff Burton stepped in for races here and there and he was more calm and easier to listen to than the way he does with NBC

The King’s Fox comic book character is on point. I can feel that swag from here

It was great to hear Larry McReynolds in the booth again.

I don't understand why Fox and NBC have to have the "big name" color commentator the way they do. Clint Bowyer is easily my least favorite color commentator of all time, but to each their own.

Coleman Pressley has been awesome on FS1.

Just watched the Xfinity race and have to say I really like Logano in the booth. Definitely wouldn't mind him announcing cup races when he is done racing. Adam Alexander does a good job too. Blaney not so much.

Just watched the Xfinity race and have to say I really like Logano in the booth. Definitely wouldn't mind him announcing cup races when he is done racing. Adam Alexander does a good job too. Blaney not so much.
I think Joey and Brad pair up really well in the booth for the Xfinity series

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom