The Announcers Thread

Please for the love of God, stop this throwback thing. The contrived paint schemes are bad enough. The announcers with stupid outfits are intolerable. Time to bury this deal. My God, Yeley threw back to Bowyer's alleged poison ivy car in Xfinity yesterday. Are you really ****** kidding me?

Please for the love of God, stop this throwback thing. The contrived paint schemes are bad enough. The announcers with stupid outfits are intolerable. Time to bury this deal. My God, Yeley threw back to Bowyer's alleged poison ivy car in Xfinity yesterday. Are you really ****** kidding me?
Here man, this will help ya. He's family

1652024138572.png

Jamie getting a little salty about things lol

I mean she's not wrong. Jeff Glucks podcast basically was well the racing was average but hey all this. That's F1 it shouldn't be taken seriously as a sport

Jamie getting a little salty about things lol

Max Verstappen won if she wants to look it up.
I mean she's not wrong. Jeff Glucks podcast basically was well the racing was average but hey all this. That's F1 it shouldn't be taken seriously as a sport
The NASCAR community ****mouthing F1 is as toxic as dirt fans ****mouthing NASCAR.

There’s a saying about rising tides. And as a fan of all forms of motor sports, I’m happy to see everyone’s boat getting a lift.

Max Verstappen won if she wants to look it up.

The NASCAR community ****mouthing F1 is as toxic as dirt fans ****mouthing NASCAR.

There’s a saying about rising tides. And as a fan of all forms of motor sports, I’m happy to see everyone’s boat getting a lift.
F1 deserves to be ****mouthed the racing sucks

Gotta side with Jamie at least for this past weekend. The celebs and anyone with money flocked to Miami just to clout chase and flaunt their ****. None of those people care about motorsport, and I bet 1% of them actually watched a single lap and know who won lol. NASCAR definitely put on a better product this weekend.

Gotta side with Jamie at least for this past weekend. The celebs and anyone with money flocked to Miami just to clout chase and flaunt their ****. None of those people care about motorsport, and I bet 1% of them actually watched a single lap and know who won lol. NASCAR definitely put on a better product this weekend.
Again, rising tide lifts all boats.

The NASCAR race was better this weekend but that doesn’t mean F1 sucked. The race was fine. Ignore the spectacle if it’s not your thing. Btw, street races are spectacles and a ton of fun to go to.

Of course I’m a fan of all motorsports and want the industry as a whole to succeed.

Cutting F1 down on social media doesn’t lift NASCAR up at all. Keep in mind, dirt fans cut NASCAR down all the time because “Asphalts for getting to the track.”

Again, rising tide lifts all boats.

The NASCAR race was better this weekend but that doesn’t mean F1 sucked. The race was fine. Ignore the spectacle if it’s not your thing. Btw, street races are spectacles and a ton of fun to go to.

Of course I’m a fan of all motorsports and want the industry as a whole to succeed.

Cutting F1 down on social media doesn’t lift NASCAR up at all. Keep in mind, dirt fans cut NASCAR down all the time because “Asphalts for getting to the track.”
I guess being a big fan and all, does this mean we don't get to hear the weekly NBC whine, and the in-car 2 year old temper tantrum?

Kinda like the Super Bowl, huh? I think you are overgeneralizing....I have seen many pretty people in the NASCAR garages who say the dumbest ass things. You had celebs there because F1 is a worldwide spectacle....and it's pretty awesome.

That's assuming Larry wants to be in the booth every week. Part of me thinks he's happy going to the studio most weeks and driving home

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
The article I read was written by Joy I believe said that Larry Mac took the home job without any complaints, but when he was asked where he would like to be Larry Mac said I would prefer to be at the track.

The article I read was written by Joy I believe said that Larry Mac took the home job without any complaints, but when he was asked where he would like to be Larry Mac said I would prefer to be at the track.
Maybe that's the case who knows? Even if it wasn't I can't imagine him telling anyone in a public interview that he'd rather be at home than the track. Fans and everyone in the industry would eat him alive for that.

Maybe that's the case who knows? Even if it wasn't I can't imagine him telling anyone in a public interview that he'd rather be at home than the track. Fans and everyone in the industry would eat him alive for that.

Not really.

I tell people all the time I don’t go to many races outside of paying jobs anymore because I’d rather be at home. I like having a clean apartment and getting some sleep on the weekends. 👍

People get it. Especially after COVID.

Love going to the track, always will. But I also enjoy not being there. And I enjoy watching NASCAR races on Sunday now instead of napping through them out of sheer exhaustion.

The racing is awesome right now. I love loving Sundays again.

It wasn't a public interview..it was Mike Joy telling the story when Larry Mac returned to the booth. Larry Mac never whined or complained or raised hell about getting assigned away from the track like so many would was the point of Mike Joy's story.

I mean she's not wrong. Jeff Glucks podcast basically was well the racing was average but hey all this.
So the Little comment was in response to a podcast? Thanks, that context wasn't apparent when her comments were posted here. Without knowing she was referring to someone else, her comments came across as being willfully ignorant, as if she couldn't be bothered to check the web for results.

Plenty in the industry, including crew chiefs and drivers, have changed jobs because they became tired of the road. Why would Larry or anyone else catch Hell for that? Any fan that's spent even a few weeks straight away from home should be able to understand.

Plenty in the industry, including crew chiefs and drivers, have changed jobs because they became tired of the road. Why would Larry or anyone else catch Hell for that? Any fan that's spent even a few weeks straight away from home should be able to understand.
I drove over the road for 15 years. I was burned out at the end and not really doing a great job. It has been 22 years since I got off the road and I still love my job. Well, most days I love my job.

I drove over the road for 15 years. I was burned out at the end and not really doing a great job. It has been 22 years since I got off the road and I still love my job. Well, most days I love my job.

I've spent damn close to every weekend at the track for the better part of 14 years. Nobody gets insulted when they ask if I'm coming to their race and I say I'm staying home.

Come on, Andy! If you are going to throw solid points into the discussion, at least do the entire quotation and not just half!

"Asphalts for getting to the track and if you don't have dirt in your beer, you're not at a real race." 😁;):rolleyes:

This is so funny because prior to the race I brought up the fact that the two were head to head and everyone seemed convinced that F1 race would have zero impact on the cup race. Imagine if they had worked together and cross promoted?

The Netflix series has done so much for F1. I'll be honest it's the only reason I started watching it.

F1 is growing in the USA. Because of the Netflix series. Plus ESPN helps.
I don't doubt that, but Miami was a race at a new venue, in the US, shown in the late afternoon on Eastern time. How many of those 735K have been tuning in for European races at 8:30a or Asian ones at 0-dark-hundred? Yeah, they can record them but I'm pretty sure the broadcasters prefer viewers watch live so they can't skip over the ads.

I agree completely with your point about over-the-air no longer being significant. How many watching over the air have the disposable income to be worth the networks' concern?

Back
Top Bottom