The Announcers Thread

They probably will have a few more shots of the blurred dash to inform the public of the changes and of course it will infuriate the drama monkeys, and then it will be a moot point. Visor cam after that would be my guess.

I wonder if there's some sort of filter that they could use to block out the dash? Like something that could be used with the combination of a dash coating and a filter on the camera lens? Would look a lot better

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yes, it is.

However, I doubt that race teams are able to
“direct” the broadcast feed from any of the cameras on their cars / trucks.

Several times they cut to the in-car last night the blur was halfway up the windshield. If they’re gonna have to go full Japanese adult film with it it’s better not showing it at all.

The problem at Fox isn't the booth talent. We know Mike Joy is great, Clint Bowyer's proven time and time again he can be serious and give great analysis, and Danica Patrick was fine honestly.

Of course, I'm not consumed with blind hatred for Danica based on what social media's said about her.

The problem at Fox isn't the booth talent. We know Mike Joy is great, Clint Bowyer's proven time and time again he can be serious and give great analysis, and Danica Patrick was fine honestly.

Of course, I'm not consumed with blind hatred for Danica based on what social media's said about her.
I actually thought Danica was better last year, seemed more prepared

I actually thought Danica was better last year, seemed more prepared

I didn't see either race she was commentating last year, so I can't compare. But I think she does a fine job on Fox and on NBC for the Indy 500.

I turned the race off early in stage three.

Danica was okay. As much as I like Bowyer, they need a crew chief in the booth. Bowyer knows enough to get himself into trouble on the tech side, but doesn't know enough to really explain things.

The dumbest thing they did yesterday was the in-race interview with Justin Marks. The race is going on and they take a whole segment to interview a car owner. Do that in pre-race.

I don't mind Danica at all personally. I'm also the type that prefers the booth to come across as more of a conversation between friends than constant analysis and she brings that vibe. I don't need the same things explained to me every week.

I don't mind Danica at all personally. I'm also the type that prefers the booth to come across as more of a conversation between friends than constant analysis and she brings that vibe. I don't need the same things explained to me every week.
If something happens that’s unusual with a car, I want the explanation.

Steve Letarte does just that on NBC.

Hey, Fox? I get it that Capital One pays for the 'Ones to Watch' segment. Still, if you're going to do a split screen during this segment, how about using one of them for the on-track racing? Don't use one for the booth crew making their guesses and the other for the Macs (Jamie and Larry) back in the studio. It just reminds people that you do indeed have split capability and that you could be showing the race on one side of the screen.

Thanks (dumb asses).

Hey, Fox? I get it that Capital One pays for the 'Ones to Watch' segment. Still, if you're going to do a split screen during this segment, how about using one of them for the on-track racing? Don't use one for the booth crew making their guesses and the other for the Macs (Jamie and Larry) back in the studio. It just reminds people that you do indeed have split capability and that you could be showing the race on one side of the screen.

Thanks (dumb asses).
What I don’t like is that they have so much empty space on the screen when they have that pylon and a split screen that they might as well do a triple box.

Dale Jr was decent as the lead play by play announcer at Michigan last year for NBC Sports.

Rick Allen would be decent as the Xfinity announcer.

I like Jaimie Little....on Pit Road. I mean this in a non-irritating way....she is horrible in the booth.
She wouldn’t be the first nor the last pit road
reporter turned PxP announcer to not make the adjustment well. It’s a different skill set. Dr. Punch was revered as a pit reporter and I don’t think anyone thought he was a good booth lead.

She wouldn’t be the first nor the last pit road
reporter turned PxP announcer to not make the adjustment well. It’s a different skill set. Dr. Punch was revered as a pit reporter and I don’t think anyone thought he was a good booth lead.
He was fine in the 90s at the same role.

I'm glad someone said this about Jamie Little because I didn't want to be the first. She's good in the pits but there's something I don't like about her in the booth. Maybe it's just too much of her or that she seems to be too excited when she doesn't need to be. I suppose there are men that are the same way and it could just be the female voice is too much for me for an entire race.

Also it might just be my problem and she's actually alright for most everyone else.

I'm glad someone said this about Jamie Little because I didn't want to be the first. She's good in the pits but there's something I don't like about her in the booth. Maybe it's just too much of her or that she seems to be too excited when she doesn't need to be. I suppose there are men that are the same way and it could just be the female voice is too much for me for an entire race.

Also it might just be my problem and she's actually alright for most everyone else.
Same. I think she is amazing for the sport....and extremely talented. She just doesn't have it in the booth.

Back
Top Bottom