The Announcers Thread

It’s gonna get worse for y’all, Jr was the best of the bunch. No idea why y’all would celebrate if y’all hate the NBC Crew lol.

This.

As bad as Fox's production is, I think I'd rather Fox have the whole season right now.

NBC's coverage is going to go downhill dramatically this year.

that’s true i suppose. But I still find it odd personally that the people who hate NBC, celebrating the best part of the booth leaving the booth.
It's RF members. They always complain about something, even if it's the solution they wanted

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I have no clue how to read these tea leaves but it seems to me if he had 'enjoyed his time in the booth', he'd have already re-signed with NBC.

I knew I'd called this it but took a while to find it!

It's RF members. They always complain about something, even if it's the solution they wanted

Honestly it is what it is, it’s their right to do. I just don’t understand it. But hey I complain also sometimes I’m sure about stuff people don’t understand also.

I knew I'd called this!
He could have enjoyed his time in the booth, but likes the potential of this opportunity more.

The last time I changed employment, it wasn't because I disliked my employer. It was because a better offer was presented to me.

I wouldn't blame NBC for losing Junior. Given how streaming services are competing for market share at whatever loss of $$ necessary, I'm sure Amazon paid Dale Jr whatever he wanted.

Replaced with 2 newcomers is interesting. There's already too many talking heads, imo.
I think that’s referring to the new TV partners he’s heading to.

that’s true i suppose. But I still find it odd personally that the people who hate NBC, celebrating the best part of the booth leaving the booth.
Speak for yourself. I'm not celebrating anything. I don't listen to the gerbils, I turn on MRN or PRN.

Junior’s contract probably cost NBC quite a bit more than the rest of that crew combined. This seems like a good opportunity to refresh the entire booth and sign new talent. I just don’t think we need to head into decade number two of Allen/Burton/Letarte.

If I'm NBC, I'm going after Kurt Busch.

Junior’s contract probably cost NBC quite a bit more than the rest of that crew combined. This seems like a good opportunity to refresh the entire booth and sign new talent. I just don’t think we need to head into decade number two of Allen/Burton/Letarte.

Allen drives me crazy with the “playoff implications” thing beginning in the second week of July!

Allen drives me crazy with the “playoff implications” thing beginning in the second week of July!
Boomer over the top of the sopranos is a listening nightmare. The guy knows little of nothing about auto racing. I've never heard him tell a story of any driver, he's not friends with any of them.

I think 3 in the booth is the sweet spot. Most broadcasts are that size anyhow.
Burton and Jr. needed to be seperated for decibel reasons. Luckily it
happened organically. I am sure we will see Jr. a time or two this year.

Burton is usually a little calmer when Dale Jr isn't around. He did a Xfinity race last year that was not at the same track as the Cup race and he was more reserved on it.

If Amazon/Warner get Bestwick to be play by play with Jr as analyst, that’s a pretty good start in my book. Also what’s crummy is that looks like we’ve seen Jr’s last NBC Broadcast and he won’t be in a booth this year. Bummer, he really was my favorite part of NBC. Might be a rough listen this year for their portion…a real rough listen.

It's possible it will be better. Allen never says much, he has one job, to holler the last lap, Letarte talks incessantly and doesn't say anything, and Burton won't have Jr around to bounce his nonsense off of and he might actually call the actual race for a change.

NBC **** the bed. How do you let Jr. go? I ****** love the guy. Broadcast neutered.

If Amazon/Warner get Bestwick to be play by play with Jr as analyst, that’s a pretty good start in my book. Also what’s crummy is that looks like we’ve seen Jr’s last NBC Broadcast and he won’t be in a booth this year. Bummer, he really was my favorite part of NBC. Might be a rough listen this year for their portion…a real rough listen.
Bestwick is one of the Best in the business!!!!

I don't think they had a choice. Amazon wanted jr and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Make more money for half the work.
And I just thought of….the Jr ,Dirty Mo Media, and JRM merch coming to Amazon Prime. Get your hats, shirts, die casts there. There would be no reason for Jr not to do this deal, he’s about to sell a ton more merch.

1709301080156.gif

Wonder if Lost Speedways would come back on Amazon? From what I read, NBC wasn't interested in continuing it even though Dale Jr. was.

I really enjoyed Lost Speedways. The show had an educational and historic value and was entertaining too. A rare thing these days.

Back
Top Bottom