The Announcers Thread

So the over-the-air Fox broadcast network doesn't have the same ownership as the Fox Sports cable channel?

The only thing sports related Disney bought from Fox was the regional sports channels. However, Trump's FCC forced Disney to sell those to Sinclair Broadcasting.

The Fox television network, Fox "News" Channel, Fox Sports, FS1, FS2, and Fox Business were not part of the sale. At the time, Fox Sports and Fox "News" were the only things the Murdoch Empire was interested in continuing.

The easiest way to put it is that Disney bought Fox's Hollywood division. One of the primary reasons was to get rights to Marvel properties which Fox still had the rights to (X-Men mainly).

Now we know why NBC is shipping most of their Cup Series races off to USA.

Fox and NBC are clearly only interested in propping up their cable properties. In fact, as far as we know right now, the vast majority of the races carried by these companies will be exclusive to cable with no streaming component.

I hope the next contract is a mix of CW, TNT and Prime.

NBC is trying to get more people on Peacock. This is one way to do that. Fox is way behind on a streaming platform. They still rely on FS1 and a little on FS2. At least Fox is showing more Cup races in "4K". I'll take that any day.

I like this a lot, the font/italics on the current ticker don’t make for very good accessibility.
Yeah I thought it looked pretty good. I liked the side by side graphic showing what position they were racing for so you can tell instantly where that is happening in the field.
Fox has done a couple of new things that I hope carry over to the other broadcasts. On replays many times they highlight the car involved with a yellow beam so you can pick it out from the crowd. The other is printing out the radio talk on the screen between the crew and the driver.

NBC is trying to get more people on Peacock. This is one way to do that.

Races on USA are not available on Peacock.

In fact, NASCAR is NBC's only sports property that isn't carried on Peacock.

The goal is to get people to keep cable, especially since NBC is owned by Comcast, and watch on USA. I bet people would be ecstatic to pay $7.99/month for Peacock and get access to all the races.

NASCAR's 2025-2031 contract places more emphasis on cable than any other major league sport. Other leagues and conferences are signing with CW and ION to get more events on broadcast and trying to get every event available on streaming. NASCAR went the exact opposite direction and wanted to get more on cable. They just couldn't turn down the Amazon money.

Fox is way behind on a streaming platform.

Fox has that deal with ESPN and WBD for a sports streaming service, but IDK if it'll take off. The lawsuits surrounding it are VERY legitimate. Fubo wanted to only carry live sports, but the same companies behind this proposed streaming service made Fubo carry the baggage of unwanted networks and charge more, just to turn around and launch Fubo's vision themselves.

One can yap. This guy has good ideas for all of them

This graphics concept is great, especially since it integrates CW's existing look into it. Everyone is forgetting that CW's coverage will be produced in its entirety by NASCAR.

I have a feeling Prime Video and TNT will be the ones to take NASCAR graphics packages to the next level.

I like this a lot, the font/italics on the current ticker don’t make for very good accessibility.

I actually really liked Fox's graphics package from 2018-2021. It was very clean, smooth, easy to read, wasn't distracting. The new package is probably my least favorite graphics package of all time.

On the topic of announcers themselves, I don't know if it's been confirmed yet, but can you just imagine Leigh Diffey calling Talladega? I would pay money for this broadcast.

Back
Top Bottom