The Attendance Thread

Maybe Texas will get a good Sunday crowd. Truck and Xfinity has been light.
Wonder if the local race fans have moved a good bit of their racing budgets
to COTA?

Getting this weekend out of the fall in such a football-crazed state was needed.

They haven’t put goo down on the track in two or three years, while time and the elements are starting to do their thing with the racing surface. Probably can put any TMS speculations to bed for a while.

I don't see how those prices encourage new fans. Seriously, how much is Road America GA and a nearby hotel room?
Yeah only older fans could afford to go to Chicago races. lol

1720550745243.jpeg

Yeah only older fans could afford to go to Chicago races. lol
1) No all existing fans are old. Not all new fans are young.

2) If I recall, the photo is from a Twitter gathering or some other form of social media get-together. I recall it was outside the ticketed area, but I've been wrong before.

I have no idea what the safety limits were for the number of people allowed in the fence. Maybe they're happy with 80K. If they can get reach their limit with that price, supply and demand are satisfied.

I read that the event was expecting 100k in attendance but had 79k which is still good.
I’m not sure if they used ticket sales or some other method to say the race had 79k.

Apparently general admission was $294, $432 for general admission plus & club experiences started @ $840.
I really wanted to go this year. But my son is three and I dont think hes ready yet as well as my wife is 7 months pregnant with our 2nd child and I couldnt make her do the walking even though she said she wanted to take our son. Gonna try for next year, Im hoping it comes back. I'm probably going to get a hotel room, come up to the city on Saturday and soak it in. I was looking at club seats for this year and I saw as low as $650 a few days before the race but from my understanding you had cover, food, drinks and your own bathrooms which isnt bad if you ask me but round it up to $700 a ticket for 3 people.... whew.

I really wanted to go this year. But my son is three and I dont think hes ready yet as well as my wife is 7 months pregnant with our 2nd child and I couldnt make her do the walking even though she said she wanted to take our son. Gonna try for next year, Im hoping it comes back. I'm probably going to get a hotel room, come up to the city on Saturday and soak it in. I was looking at club seats for this year and I saw as low as $650 a few days before the race but from my understanding you had cover, food, drinks and your own bathrooms which isnt bad if you ask me but round it up to $700 a ticket for 3 people.... whew.
I wonder about the cost for the youngsters. They might have a reduced rate.

First things first. It sounds like you have a great wife! I hope the last bit of her pregnancy goes really well.

I would love to see this event run the scheduled amount of laps in dry weather. I hope you can attend next year!

First things first. It sounds like you have a great wife! I hope the last bit of her pregnancy goes really well.

I would love to see this event run the scheduled amount of laps in dry weather. I hope you can attend next year!
Thanks for the kind words. My wife has been to about 6-7 races over the course of the years with me since we dated and then married, an absolute trooper. She’s never been to an Indy car race and I’m determined to take her, she actually prefers IndyCar over nascar but I’m just happy she likes some form of racing. I’m hoping next year I can go to the street race, praying it comes back here next year

Thanks for the kind words. My wife has been to about 6-7 races over the course of the years with me since we dated and then married, an absolute trooper. She’s never been to an Indy car race and I’m determined to take her, she actually prefers IndyCar over nascar but I’m just happy she likes some form of racing. I’m hoping next year I can go to the street race, praying it comes back here next year

I also have a trooper of a wife. The first Race I took her to was a Cart Race at Miami when we were dating, (we've been married 34 years). Then I took her to a cup race at Daytona, the Pepsi 400 witrh a group from Helena Chemical, she pick Dale Sr. name out of a $5.00 pot we put together and she won.. Since then we have attended over 15 Cup Races at Charlotte, numerous times to Homestead, Numerous times to the 400 in Daytona. We still have reserved seats there we renew every year. She actually knows more of the Drivers info than I could ever. We DVR all Races and watch together most of the time, she watches Truck, Exfinity and Cup plus all NHRA, some F! and some Indy. She is more of a fan than I am :p

My Darling Bride isn't a fan at all but has been to a six or seven races at Atlanta, Rockingham, Darlington, Bristol, and Charlotte. These were usually when Dad had to back out and we had an extra ticket. She admits she's just going to keep me company but when people ask her about the experience, she'll say it's a great environment, like a circus and a rock concert rolled together.

She's going to Charlotte for the Roval this year; previously she's only seen the 600. Since we moved further from the track this spring, I now need a hotel instead of driving home afterward. She decided to tag along.

I got my GF hooked over the past 18 months. She never watched a lap in her life and scoffed when I told her I love NASCAR. Fast forward 18 months and now I get texts like "what time is the race on I want to make sure im home in time" and "Whens the dang schedule coming out, we have to plan our trips next year"

Were going to our 3rd race together on Sunday.

I got my GF hooked over the past 18 months. She never watched a lap in her life and scoffed when I told her I love NASCAR. Fast forward 18 months and now I get texts like "what time is the race on I want to make sure im home in time" and "Whens the dang schedule coming out, we have to plan our trips next year"

Were going to our 3rd race together on Sunday.

You... my friend have created a monster lol. Good work

Current girlfriend and I got together in 2020. She hadn’t watched a race since Dale Sr was still around and she was really little. I took her to Pocono in 2021 and hooked her again. She watches religiously with me and we’ve been to Pocono twice, Darlington and Dover together. We’ll be at Pocono on Sunday. Her favorites are Bowman, Larson and Reddick.

Back
Top Bottom