The Beer Thread

Sam Adams Oktoberfest.....almost as good as Summer Ale.

Constant argument between my dad and I. We both love them both, he thinks the summer ale is a tad bit better, I think the Oktoberfest is a tad bit better.

In college it was all bud light, now its hard to find anything other than a Sam Adams seasonal in my fridge. Great stuff

Friend of mine just told me today to try Motor Boat Ale, a great ESB. I love Red Hook ESB but can't find it any more in a sixer, only in a 12 pak with other beers. I'll have to try the MBA when I can find it. Anyone else try it?

Sierra Nevada Celebration Fresh Hop Ale. I approve. Guess I'll put the rest away for Romochokikus on Sunday.

Last edited:
I got this for Christmas (64 oz of Indeed beer). I haven't tried it yet (never heard of it) - I'll check it out with friends.
beer bottle.jpg

Finished another layer of mud on sheet rock and having a Shells Stag Series (a bock beer). It is very good - but then any beer would taste good after a day of remodeling.

Damn BL's are wonderful. Who woulda thunk it.

Busch Light all day.
Started drinking it when they sponsored the Busch series.

Haven't looked back since.

Trying one called Kashmire English Style IPA. It's made by Highland Brewing out of Asheville. It was on sale so I picked up a six-pack. Not bad, not bad at all.

Kashmir English-style IPA
Kashmir_pair.jpg

A full-bodied India Pale Ale. This beer is golden in color with a moderate malty character with full hop flavor true to the classic ale that has traveled on sailing ships from England to India. Bold and brazen.

This is Highland’s version of the classic British beer which was designed to survive the long journeys from England to India on sailing ships. The higher alcohol content and much higher hop level provided the longevity necessary for the casks to arrive in India in a most drinkable condition. It is very often serious beer drinkers’ favorite style. Being “Just a wee bit different,” we chose Kashmir, a controversial section of the Indian subcontinent in the north and matched it with a Madras-inspired plaid from the south.

It says It's for serious beer drinkers and just a wee bit different, I'll bet it is. :D

Kashmir English-style IPA
Kashmir_pair.jpg

A full-bodied India Pale Ale. This beer is golden in color with a moderate malty character with full hop flavor true to the classic ale that has traveled on sailing ships from England to India. Bold and brazen.

This is Highland’s version of the classic British beer which was designed to survive the long journeys from England to India on sailing ships. The higher alcohol content and much higher hop level provided the longevity necessary for the casks to arrive in India in a most drinkable condition. It is very often serious beer drinkers’ favorite style. Being “Just a wee bit different,” we chose Kashmir, a controversial section of the Indian subcontinent in the north and matched it with a Madras-inspired plaid from the south.

It says It's for serious beer drinkers and just a wee bit different, I'll bet it is. :D

It's not as good as Loose Cannon (Heavy Seas) or Torpedo (Sierra Nevada) but it's tasty - and $2 cheaper.

I'm a bit of a beer yuppie but they will never stop me from drinking PBR and Silverbullets on the river in 115* heat!

Btw, Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Ale. You're welcome.

Amazing, the piss the little boys drink is bad for you and the real beer the men drink is better for you. Who would've thunk it?

So what beer do you drink? You're in your mid twenties and fancy yourself some sort of beer conniesewer.

Little Sumpin' is good. Hoppy but good. Lotta good microbreweries in Cali.

Yup! Definitely one of the perks to living here. Always something new you've never seen when you walk into a Bevmo or a decent liquor store.

Sierra Nevada is still one of my favorite brews. Pale Ale normally, but Their Ruthless Rye has been in my fridge lately.

Also, recently bought a variety pack of Sam Adams IPAs, which wasn't half bad. Best thing about this variety pack was that it didn't have the standard two bottle of Sam Adams Lager thrown in, like all their other variety packs do.

Visited my parents last night.. Trader Joe's knock-off corona.. It's called Trader Jose's. lmao.

I know a few beer snobs, the " I only drink X and only from a chilled crystal glass and poured by a virgin who is topless" types, They come to my house and they'll drink raccoon piss right out of the can without a comment or complaint. And be glad they got it too!

I screwed up that post but I've had that beer in Hong Kong, Italy, and New Zealand.
I just finished that one and it was very nice. :-D

This remonds me, I've only one beer in the fridge. Calls for a stop at Total Wine & More on the way home.

Back
Top Bottom